Now i don't understand why everyone hates Carth, i thought Carth was one of the best characters in the game, and i thought it would be so much better if he came to the dark side, i would of had him as my general, but hey w/e.

Did you like Carth, and if not why?

Carth was a whining baby. What i hate more is those that are neutral!!! :blink:

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Carth whines.

Carth whines some more.

Carth whines more than any character I've ever had the displeasure of having in an RPG group.

First he trusts you, oh but wait, he has a bad past so he doesn't, then he gives you grief, then he's sorry, oh but wait, he's had a bad past so he's not sorry, then he flips out and expects you to save his evil son, then he's all weepy about it.

Give the guy a vallium or a blaster to the forehead :blink:

Also, he really wasn't that useful as an NPC.

Yeah he was pretty crap. Even if he was leveled up and given the best sh1t. Canderous was a so much better fighter!

Oh yeah, he didn't whine either. :blink:

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Also, he really wasn't that useful as an NPC.
Yeah he was pretty crap. Even if he was leveled up and given the best sh1t. Canderous was a so much better fighter!

Carth was my third best melee fighter behind Revan and Canderous and all my melee fighters kicked ass.

Carth is like a star wars version of Anomen, who was the most annoying character in Baldur's Gate 2 besides Aeries and Nalia. Come to think of it hes like a male version of Aeries.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

Carth was more annoying then Anomen, who was the most annoying character in Baldur's Gate 2 besides Aeries and Nalia. Come to think of it hes like a male version of Aeries.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

I appreciate Carth because of how difficult it must be to make a character to fill his role.

Consider: He's there to provide exposition, so he has to have some knowledge & experience. He's also there to give combat-weak characters a crutch to lean on for the first couple of Taris areas, so he has to be a decent fighter, but not so good that your character is irrelevant or overpowered. But, he also has to defer to your character in all important decision-making matters. This third requirement really doesn't jive with the first two.

So, how do you create a character who is an experienced soldier with some knowledge of local and galactic affairs, but follows the orders of a new recruit who can't even remember his/her own name? Make him something of a head case!

Given this conundrum, he came out pretty well.