Music in Games..

Howlin

I am wanting to create my own game and was wondering if I would be able to use the music from IWD and subsequent titles seeing as BlackIsle Studios and Interplay are no more.

I understand copyrights and such make it questionable.

Thanks for your attention.

I am wanting to create my own game and was wondering if I would be able to use the music from IWD and subsequent titles seeing as BlackIsle Studios and Interplay are no more.

I understand copyrights and such make it questionable.

Thanks for your attention.

Not so much questionable, more illegal, I think. The copyright is still held by someone, most likely the publisher, or another company that bought it. You probably wouldn't get permission from them even if you asked, though you could try. On the other hand, unless you try to sell your game and make money from it, they probably won't set the lawyers on you either.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

It would certainly save time. However, if you look even around your local community you can surely find someone willing and able to create some bespoke music. I am sure your ideas are not precisely the same as those in the titles you mention. Why make the music the same?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I think the rights to the music belongs to Jeremy Soule again but I don't know.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf