Useful Information Thread!

Draken

Okay, lets get the ball rolling here.

Useful Information #1: The Revenge of the Sith novel by Matthew Stover is an excellent read. I reccomend it to all Star Was fans.

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

4.gif

The Franchi SPAS-12 shotgun featured in many games such as Hl2 recently, is a dual-mode, semi-automatic shotgun capable of firing as fast as you can pull the trigger. Its manual pump action mode(who seems to be the way its done in games) is ONLY used for special low-power ammunition such as "beanbags" or teargas that does not generate enough gas pressure to properly cycle the normal semi-auto action.

(yes, I have played too much CS)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Okay, lets get the ball rolling here.

Useful Information #1: The Revenge of the Sith novel by Matthew Stover is an excellent read. I reccomend it to all Star Was fans.

Read Isaac Asimov. And all the short stories of PKD. And listen to another piece of Mozart every day.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I have read Asimov's work. My favorite is (duh) I,Robot.

Useful Information#2: I, Robot the book as actually a collection of short stories, not an actual story.

1169782506.gif

4.gif

The Franchi SPAS-12 shotgun featured in many games such as Hl2 recently, is a dual-mode, semi-automatic shotgun capable of firing as fast as you can pull the trigger. Its manual pump action mode(who seems to be the way its done in games) is ONLY used for special low-power ammunition such as "beanbags" or teargas that does not generate enough gas pressure to properly cycle the normal semi-auto action.

Ooooooooooo... guns are pretty... :lol: :D

sig2.gif

P.S- Woohoo! Celebrating my 100th post! Er, 101st! No..wait..including this one..102nd! :)

Posts in Way Off Topic don't count. :-

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Or Baley would have a zillion by now.  :D

he's on the top ten of all time already in like 6 weeks :thumbsup:

To the threadstarter - why spite the useless info thread?

This is pretty much the same, but whereas that thread started out with useless info/trivia this started out with spam.

(for those who are pedantic enough to point this post out as spam - yes i already realise the inherent irony :) )

I have read Asimov's work. My favorite is (duh) I,Robot.

Then read "The World of Null-A" by A.E. Van Vogt...

I'd rate it at the same level as the first Foundation Trilogy :rolleyes:

PS:

:Total Cumulative Posts 2,451

( 34.8 posts per day / 0.69% of total forum posts )

Most active in Way Off-Topic

( 1044 posts / 31% of this member's active posts )

To the threadstarter - why spite the useless info thread?

This is pretty much the same, but whereas that thread started out with useless info/trivia this started out with spam.

I really don't know why I started this thread. It's all spam. But hey, it's fun to post in!

Useful Information #4: Nobody gices a **** about useful information.

1169782506.gif

4.gif

Nice. But, as a Soldier once told me, you don't know anything about a weapon until you have held it, fired it, cleaned it, and humped it (this is military slang that means to carry something, for you wiseguys out there :) ). You can know all of a weapons specs, but it doesn't mean you know the weapon. There's my little tidbit of useful information :)

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

"Useful Information: Flatearthers are freaks."

More useful information: their forums don't seem to be moderated. That means you want to check where a link is going before you check it out if you happen to take a look at the place. If you don't, tubgirl, goatse and all other horrors await you. And if you don't what I'm talking about, for the love of God, DO NOT GIS those words.

9/30 -- NEVER FORGET!

Nice. But, as a Soldier once told me, you don't know anything about a weapon until you have held it, fired it, cleaned it, and humped it (this is military slang that means to carry something, for you wiseguys out there :x ). You can know all of a weapons specs, but it doesn't mean you know the weapon. There's my little tidbit of useful information o:)

Shotguns are crap unless you're going house to house.

This is, however, a formidable weapon which I have: Held, fired, dragged through mud, cleaned.... but NOT humped. (yet) :-"

c7.jpg

The standard armament of the Danish army, optical sight included. :cool:

Luckily, not many Danes get to fired these at other living beings, unlike other armies. *cough* ^_^

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

too late  :x  :x  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  (!)  (!)  :'(  :'(  o:)  :-

Hahhaa! Welcome to the evil reality of interweb. :x

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Nice. But, as a Soldier once told me, you don't know anything about a weapon until you have held it, fired it, cleaned it, and humped it (this is military slang that means to carry something, for you wiseguys out there :) ). You can know all of a weapons specs, but it doesn't mean you know the weapon. There's my little tidbit of useful information :blink:

Shotguns are crap unless you're going house to house.

This is, however, a formidable weapon which I have: Held, fired, dragged through mud, cleaned.... but NOT humped. (yet) :-"

c7.jpg

The standard armament of the Danish army, optical sight included. :cool:

Luckily, not many Danes get to fired these at other living beings, unlike other armies. *cough* ^_^

I wouldn't even use a shotgun for house to house. I'd take an M4 to a shotgun any day when it comes to CQB. Nice M16 BTW.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

If the people of the world

Threw down their guns

From the biggest of them

To the very smallest ones

There would be far less danger

Of a stranger

Shooting someone else.

My suggestion is that soldiers

And sailors too

Should all be armed with pop-guns

Then they couldn't do

The damage that they do at present

And life would be more pleasant.

(Roland Milk/Beachcomber)

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

If the people of the world

Threw down their guns

From the biggest of them

To the very smallest ones

There would be far less danger

Of a stranger

Shooting someone else.

My suggestion is that soldiers

And sailors too

Should all be armed with pop-guns

Then they couldn't do

The damage that they do at present

And life would be more pleasant.

(Roland Milk/Beachcomber)

The problem is we don't live in happy land. People who write like this think that throwing down guns will end war and all that sh*t. But there will always be war. There will never be eternal peace as long as we exist. There will always be another Hitler, Bin Laden, or Aidid. That is why we need those guns to kill them and their followers. Then the world is returned to a temporary state of peace.

--John Stewart Mill--

--Black Hawk Down--

Ther's nothing worng with the military or police having guns - its what they do.

The problem occurs with civilians having easy access to high powered weaponry. The NRA should chill, the british won't come back - i promise :wub:

I agree 100%, guns should only be in the hands of the police and the military, they serve no good purpose among civilians, which is why they're illegal here, for which I'm thankful.

Oh and Hooah it's actually an upgraded M16, Canadian manufactured rifle called C7.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.