KoToR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

I'm tired of the whole, "the galaxy is in crisis."  It's somehow scarier when everything seems pretty calm, but there is evil lurking under the surface.  Of course, by the end of the game, the galaxy would be in crisis. :huh: But for the beginning, I hope they won't go this route again.

I agree that it is generally better to let it build up. However, they will not be able to do that with K3. In fact, they did not do it in K1 or K2, either.

K1, as you will recall, started off with the Endar Spire being borded by Sith!

in K2, you see

HE WHO SLEEPS WITH VIBROBLADES

very early on.

they will not be able to let it build up but they could catch us up via dialogue and not be quite as forceful in the beginning. that would be a nice change.

I agree that it is generally better to let it build up. However, they will not be able to do that with K3.

Sure they can. There are many interpretations and explanations for the

True Sith

thing. Kreia was

insane

, she made it up or misunderstood, perhaps

True Sith

is just an expression to represent the Darkside inclination in all of us, or perhaps it's Kreia's way of saying "those who make their own rules." In the DS ending, she tells the Exile that

Exile and she are True Sith. I doubt she means they are members of some "supersith race" from beyond the outer rim.

There are also many ways to explain the whole

war to come

thing too. It sounds pretty cool, but I'd rather it didn't happen at the very beginning of KOTOR III or *shudder* before the story begins. Most of all I think it would be a mistake to have the Jedi and Sith join forces to fight

some "supersiths"

together. That's just a little too comic book for me. In fact let's bury the whole

"supersith are a race or people"

thing completely.

In fact, they did not do it in K1 or K2, either.

Yep that's why I'm tired of it. :huh:

[spoiler ALERT]

> In the DS ending, she tells the Exile that Exile and she are True Sith.

really? wow, they really did leave it wide open.

> Most of all I think it would be a mistake to have the Jedi

> and Sith join forces to fight some "supersiths" together.

I agree UNLESS we are talking about the red-skinned Sith of antiquity

and the fallen Jedi half-breeds. I realize that continuity has them

died out already but if some went beyond the Outer Rim, then they could still do it.

Still, by having a totally alien threat, this allows them another shot at not having

a proper DS path. Hopefully, this will be the last game in which that is the case.

:wub: Here's another one...

Now that we know Palpatine's facial deformation isn't attributed to "dark side use," I think the LS/DS appearance shift should be tweaked. It's ok for a character's appearance to become more sinister if they are DS, but not to the point they look like a geriatric. Hair doesn't have to turn white, skin doesn't need to become pale and withered/wrinkled, and eyes shouldn't glow all the time. <_<

Anakin, post fall to the DS, is an example of what I'd like to see. In Episode III, you can tell they added dark makeup under his eyes and make his skin a bit more pale, but it wasn't as if he aged thirty years and/or bleached his skin. :)

My main concern/suggestion is don't rush the damned thing. Take the time to complete it. K2 could have been so much better if it wasn't rushed.

true, it still would have been the MOTHER OF ALL CLIFFHANGERS but it would have had an extra planet and less bugs.

I don't have any ideas, as I'm sure they will find new things to add to the game anyways. I prefer being surprised anyways. But my concernment lies in that the game won't be rushed, too. *Nods*

addendum to the planet list:

* Droid World

- this was the major thing that got cut....I wouldn't mind seeing it in K3

[spoiler ALERT]

also, one of the many loose ends that they should wrap up is where are the HK units being produced AND WHO IS BEHIND IT?

Also the Mandalore Hk faught.

For a time I thought it was Mandalore the Ultimate, but he died during the events of Malachor V. Hk was built after Malachor V, and sent to face the MANDALORE in Mandalorian Space/sector where he was defeated by him.

So who is this Mandalore, because it isn't Canderous. Without the mask I would guess that this Mandalore is of the original race, which means his power outwieghs Canderous. Since Canderous is only a converted human.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

I was surprised and quite happy with the planets in KOTOR:2.

In KOTOR:1, most planets were eye-candy backdrops that got glossed over, much like the planets in Episode III.

In KOTOR:2, you spent more time on each planet, and I enjoyed that. They fleshed the planets out a bit more.

In KOTOR:2, you made choices on each planet to save it, or doom it largely. In KOTOR:3, I want to fully see the repercussions of such actions rather than have Kreia loosely gloss over such things.

Maybe there should be a Fable like system for experiance where you get more experiance to spend on the ablities you use. Your choice is to be more physical and use a lightsaber to kill then you get experience unique to that skill. Or maybe you use force powers to take enemies down so you would get skill specific experience. In this way you could add more deapth and variation to the classes. Now instead of just the regular gardain you could have one that has shift that favors more force points and less combate training than a regular gardian but would still be able to out class a consular in saber combat but could not have the amount of force points or powers as the consular class.

Does anybody see anything wrong with this concept?

I'm not opposed to how Fable handled experience.  But I thought KOTOR was supposed to stay fairly close to the D20 system.

The D20 system is level based.  Fable wasn't.  In fact they are very different beasts.

Whats wrong with tweaking the system. I think that they changed the system to all them to effectivly incorperate lightsabers for Kotor.

You're not talking about a minor tweak. With Fable you took chunks of experience and bought strength based, magic based, and skill based abilities.

KOTOR is level based. You don't buy one ability at a time.

Level based systems are completely different from point-based systems. The rules mechanics would have to be greatly altered.

So your are saying that is totally impossible to incorperate this new system in to the game. All I am saying is that they way you play affects the stats you get during lvl up and that the affect on stats doesn't just come from one choice at the begining of the game. I am not saying that we should use the Fable system but rather the concept could be included in the next Kotor like RPG to allow more deapth and variation in each class.

Planet numbers are not important. I want a deep story for any RPG that I play, and I want immersion.

That can happen on one planet. We've managed to live on planet Earth for a few millennia, and there are not a few plots to tell from our experiences; we don't need ten planets, we need some sort of grand design.

I would like to see the PC working in the near-normal society; like Telos or Taris, where the evil and bad lurk just beneath the surface, and brute force is as likely as not to end up hurting innocents as well as the guilty. This will help balance the game: I want non-lethal combat for lawful good characters, otherwise they are all just different shades of chaos.

PS I note also that the Kashyyyk of Epsiode III had no resemblance to the Kashyyyk of KotOR. Ah, well, at least it had Wookies on it.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I want non-lethal combat for lawful good characters, otherwise they are all just different shades of chaos.

absolutely right. it also opens up a really convenient side quest: BOUNTY HUNTING

in K1, you could go to the "bounty office" but the bounties were really just contract killings....if you have the ability to do some legit bounties, that would be really cool: make money and level up at the same time.

Planet numbers are not important. I want a deep story for any RPG that I play, and I want immersion.

That can happen on one planet. We've managed to live on planet Earth for a few millennia, and there are not a few plots to tell from our experiences; we don't need ten planets, we need some sort of grand design.

I would like to see the PC working in the near-normal society; like Telos or Taris, where the evil and bad lurk just beneath the surface, and brute force is as likely as not to end up hurting innocents as well as the guilty. This will help balance the game: I want non-lethal combat for lawful good characters, otherwise they are all just different shades of chaos.

PS I note also that the Kashyyyk of Epsiode III had no resemblance to the Kashyyyk of KotOR. Ah, well, at least it had Wookies on it.

Just coastal areas. Go further inland and the KOTOR style might appear.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

Just coastal areas. Go further inland and the KOTOR style might appear.

So why didn't we get to see the coastal areas?

For the record, I thought that K1 conceit was a blinder -- sorry, a really good idea . :D The whole planet of desert, planet of water, planet of super-growth, where the mulch-making-fertiliser got stuck and the trees grew to be kilometers high; very neat (even if it didn't fit with the EU).

I'd like to see a story leit-motif like that again, because it worked.

I don't see how all the Wookies could be caught and killed in that environment, their home territory: all they have to do is hide in the shadowlands.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT