Lightsabres and related questions

Greetings, I'm new to this game and in need of answers to a few questions.

Firstly, can someone please list down the various locations on all the planets where you can obtain lightsabres (fixed loot, not random drop).

I've already built my first lightsabre on Nar Shadda by doing the Lootra quest and fighting Visas. I sort of read somewhere that the Vogga's Hoard quest yields a complete lightsabre if you have already built one, if it's true where do you find it?

And I've converted Mira to Jedi Sentinel so I'm desperately in need of more lightsabres to fill the swelling Jedi ranks in my party. :devil:

Secondly I read that Keira can upgrade lightsabre focusing crystals, so exactly what kind of crystals can she upgrade? Is the Adegan crystal I bought off Gheeda on Nar Shadda upgradable? If yes I can't seem to initiate the upgrading dialogue with Keira after purchasing it.

From the top of my head:

- Dantooine: the salvager locked in the sublevel (forgot his name), Master Vrook, dead salvagers will (when forged).

- Nar Shaddaa: Lootra, Vogga's Vault.

- Dxun: Mandalore, Cannok

- Onderon: Dhagon Ghent

- Korriban: Master Vash

As long as you don't have all three parts to construct one, you'll get parts instead of light sabers.

Kreia can modify only one crystal, which you will find on Dantooine. It's your 'pet crystal', it's bound to you: while you grow stronger, the crystal gets better attributes. Very nice!

- Nar Shaddaa: Lootra, Vogga's Vault.

Thanks for the info.

However for some reason when I looted Vogga's Hoard after having constructed my first lightsabre and made Zek-Kai Ell join, I don't get a complete lightsabre. There are three metal boxes with a couple of gloves, med pacs and shields in them but no lightsabre. :devil:

how did you manage to make Mira a jedi? She doesn't listen to me at all. I barely got out the info about her family and Hannhar out.

Hmm I just followed the awareness dialogue (need at least 11 awareness) about why she doesn't kill her target and then I asked her about her family and Hanharr.

Eventually you can ask her about why she feels comfortable on Nar Shadda, then you can bring her to the place on the Nar Shadda refugee landing site and tell her about what Kreia first instructed you about listening to people's thoughts on Nar Shadda. Through this dialogue you can make her become a Jedi Sentinel.

Crystal that Kreia can modify is in the Cave on Dantooine where you've been in the first game ;)

i played ls.

i had dantooine as first planet and at the end of the game,

the crystal still had the same values.

kreia told me about it's special abilities but they never changed.

do i have to do something to make her modify it?

You need to talk to kreia about your "charname" crystal and she'll say somthing like "interesting you crystal doesn not reflect your power" then she says take it out of your saber and bring it back to be so do that then talk about it again and she'll focas it.

Mira:

In order to make Mira a Jedi, you need to ask her about feeling restless travelling, which leads you into a discussion about Nar Shaddaa. You can then tell her that Kreia showed you how to "hear" Nar Shaddaa. With enough influence Mira will let you take her to the same place and become a Jedi.

However, this conversation option ONLY appears if you are talking to her aboard the Ebon Hawk. Elsewhere it just won't be an option.

"Yourname" Crystal:

If you ask Kreia about the Crystal, she will sometimes tell you that it is no longer in "tune" with you. If you take the Crystal out of your lightsaber (use a workbench or T3-M4) and ask again, she will "tune it" if you ask again. This is possible - I believe - every third time you level up. * EDIT * Pipped at the post by Master Sliath.

Lightsabers:

Good list Heckur, but you missed Freedon Nadd's (sp) lightsaber in his tomb on Dxun. * EDIT * And I missed Visas' lightsaber - If you make sure that you have already constructed yours before you face her, you will recover hers after defeating her, instead of parts. I always do this - as you say, lightsabers are at a premium.

"We were hoping we could bring the Xbox platform into December but didn't want to make the formal announcement until we knew an earlier ship date would not compromise the quality of The Sith Lords," says Producer Mike Gallo.

one question, do you have to have a high influence with Kreia to have her upgrade your crystal??

Coz I allways get the crystal on every playthrough but never get the chance to upgrade it.

Thanks ;)

I don't think you need that much influence with the old bat, but in order for her to upgrade your personal crystal you need to be onboard the Ebon Hawk... ;)

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

petay12, I've never had a low enough influence with Kreia to find out, but it makes sense. It's a bad move to lose influence with Kreia, as she has many opportunities to gain XP, attribute/FP boosts and backstory through influence based conversation. Indeed, I don't think the story makes sense without some of her backstory.

Heckur, are you sure about that cannock on Dxun? There is a cannock to the western edge of the jungle map that is unusual in that it gives a reward without needing to search the remains. If this is the one, then I can't comment on it giving a lightsaber part - I never go here first planet - but it hasn't given me a complete saber in half a dozen play-throughs. I always get crystals. Maybe it doesn't like me....

"We were hoping we could bring the Xbox platform into December but didn't want to make the formal announcement until we knew an earlier ship date would not compromise the quality of The Sith Lords," says Producer Mike Gallo.

Heckur, are you sure about that cannock on Dxun? There is a cannock to the western edge of the jungle map that is unusual in that it gives a reward without needing to search the remains. If this is the one, then I can't comment on it giving a lightsaber part - I never go here first planet - but it hasn't given me a complete saber in half a dozen play-throughs. I always get crystals. Maybe it doesn't like me....

No, I'm not sure about it. In my memories it gives me a lightsaber, but memories are the most unreliable form of history...

I usually have low influence with Kreia (LSM will do that) and she will upgrade it for you.

I used the Hssiss exploit to level up about 20 levels and she was able to upgrade it to Level 9 in one focusing session (a welcome surprise, for once, in this game). Since I didn't have LSM at the time she only gave me the 9.3 upgrade. As soon as I got LSM again, she upgraded it to 9.4.

Unless you are trying to be neutral, have her upgrade it when you have achieved Light Side or Dark Side Mastery.

I usually have low influence with Kreia (LSM will do that)

Dealing with Kreia shouldn't be a trade between DS points and influence; you've just go to work her character. She wants to be your teacher, but isn't interested in your opinions; she doesn't want to be challenged by you. So stay neutral. Don't express strong opinions unless you are forced to; if the game is trying to make you say something against your alignment back out of the conversation.

In short, on the LS path there is only one point you have a direct choice between influence or DS points: when Kreia asks you early on about the acts of charity and mercy. At the end of that conversation you have a choice of saying "I willl consider you as disposable too" and gain DS points, or anything else and loose influence. Everywhere else you can weasel out of it.

Personally I'm intrigued by the long multi-part convo with Atton where he tells you about his "past". There is a point somewhere in that where I get DS points (LS points gained, DS points gained, net LS gain), but for the life of me I can't work out where....

Well, I'm not interested in Kreia's "backstory" so I have no interest in influencing her. I mostly left her on the ship until I noticed that she added an experience bonus, and then I realized that I could negate the bonus by leveling up with a massive glitch in the game (where you can't even die (so I had 0 VP for about 17 levels)).

Indeed you're right w666tvr. I played through Dxun yesterday and came across this cannock on the western edge of the map. The first drop it gave me was a unique crystal called "Kasha". I tried reloading a few times but all that it could give were either crystals or lightsabre upgrading parts but never a complete lightsabre.

And for some reason I can't get a complete lightsabre or any item related to it from Vogga's Hoard as well after constructing my first lightsabre.

And for some reason I can't get a complete lightsabre or any item related to it from Vogga's Hoard as well after constructing my first lightsabre.

I think it has something to do with your level, or the number of lightsabers already in your posession. When I visit Nar Shaddaa as first or second planet after Telos, I always get a lightsaber (part) there. But later on, it doesn't anymore.