Total Recall

metadigital

They've probably cut most of the chasing scene out, through the metro. I remember we waited for months and months for the film to be released ... they kept trying to get it through the censors ... there is some pretty graphic gore in it.

"Johnny Cab" PKD had a thing about Johnny Carson and the evilness of the cult of popularity.

WE HAVEN'T IMPLANTED IT YET!

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I just bought my first Philip K. **** novel today. What a coincidence?

But it was "The Penultimate Truth" rather than "We Can Remember it for You Wholesale", so not a huge coincidence. More of a medium sized one. Or maybe a kids' meal sized one in America. Sadly, there was no free toy with my novel. I got a

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

At least you have a station airing decent movies, we'll probably get to see Steven (I hate you) Segal do the Indian wrist trick on Henchman #100302 for the 60th time. :p

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

I just bought my first PKD novel today.  What a coincidence?

But it was "The Penultimate Truth" rather than "We Can Remember it for You Wholesale", so not a huge coincidence.  More of a medium sized one.  Or maybe a kids' meal sized one in America.  Sadly, there was no free toy with my novel.  I got a

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Man in the High Castle, even though it won a Novella, was kinda boring after the whole "alternate history" device.

I can't speak for the other books, but as AH goes, Man in the High Castle isn't at the height of plausibility (I know, I haven't read it, but I know a bit about it). One Alternative History book that you might like (assuming you havent read it), especially since you've said you read actual history books, is "For Want of a Nail". It tells the story of the Confederation of North America and the United States of Mexico, the two North American States that arise out of the failed American Rebellion. The best part of it is that it is written as a university level textbook on the events as if they were the actual history. It reads like a history book from another Universe. It's my favourite book evar.

And if you've already read it, consider it advice to everyone else. Buy this book!

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

That's a relief, I thought I was going to have to write out the highlights for Steve.

It was very entertaining, thank you, but I shouldn't be so lazy. I'll read the script and imagine the 'Aaargh's and 'Zooom's for myself. :p

He's just pulled the bug out of his nose.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Man in the High Castle, even though it won a Novella, was kinda boring after the whole "alternate history" device.

I can't speak for the other books, but as AH goes, Man in the High Castle isn't at the height of plausibility (I know, I haven't read it, but I know a bit about it). One Alternative History book that you might like (assuming you havent read it), especially since you've said you read actual history books, is "For Want of a Nail". It tells the story of the Confederation of North America and the United States of Mexico, the two North American States that arise out of the failed American Rebellion. The best part of it is that it is written as a university level textbook on the events as if they were the actual history. It reads like a history book from another Universe. It's my favourite book evar.

And if you've already read it, consider it advice to everyone else. Buy this book!

Sounds good, I'll look it up. :p

(Germany nearly managed to distract the US in WW1 by inciting the Mexicans to attack Texas ...)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I only get BBC prime+news :)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

BBC dont cut films anymore - yay!

I too have fond memories of this film i remember when i first watched an advance copy when i was only 10 years old.

Get yer ass ta maahs

Get yer ass ta maahs

Get yer ass ta maahs

Get yer ass ta maahs

Get yer ass ta maahs

Get yer ass ta maahs

Get yer ass ta maahs