Cutscene Skiping on the ebon hawk

after you get Visa and Handmaidian (or Mira), or disiple and atton, the cutscene that is supposed to start does not. Instead you see yourself for a second and then the screen fades to black like its going to play the cutscene and the jumps back to the PC. Well i noticed this sometime ago and have been trying to figure it out but no luck so here I am. So anyone who has had this problem please help me and i am open to suggestions.

Also I have tried reinstalling the game and it did not fix it and I have the patch installed.

This is what happens when you can't repair HK-47: [Failure] ...aahhhh! What are you doing?! Remove the arc wrench, remove the arc wrench! Medic!

zerodark9.png

after you get Visa and Handmaidian (or Mira), or disiple and atton, the cutscene that is supposed to start does not. Instead you see yourself for a second and then the screen fades to black like its going to play the cutscene and the jumps back to the PC. Well i noticed this sometime ago and have been trying to figure it out but no luck so here I am. So anyone who has had this problem please help me and i am open to suggestions.

Also I have tried reinstalling the game and it did not fix it and I have the patch installed.

I get a small "glitch" like you describe when I return to the Ebon Hawk, I appear in the hallway for departing the hawk by myself, the screen blacks out for a split second, then it's just back to me standing there still, :p if that's what you mean....but it's only a glitch as all the cutscenes have seemed to be playing correctly. :cool:

(Dual-Boot)Windows XP Pro (32 - Bit) SP3 & Windows Vista Ultimate (SP 1) 64 Bit | Intel Dual Core 2 Quad 6600 @ 2.4 Ghz | 8 GB Corsair DDR 3 Ram 1600 mhz | GeForce 9600 GT 512 MB PCI Express X 3 SLI enabled | NVidia Forceware Drivers 181.22| EVGA nForce 790I-SLI Ultra MOBO | Thermalake 850 Watt PWR |

I get a small "glitch" like you describe when I return to the Ebon Hawk, I appear in the hallway for departing the hawk by myself, the screen blacks out for a split second, then it's just back to me standing there still,  :thumbsup:  if that's what you mean....but it's only a glitch as all the cutscenes have seemed to be playing correctly.  :cool:

Its the same for me but the cutscenes that supposed to play there such as atton and the disiple having a small fight or the same with the girls dont play. I know they are there because it worked the first play through and on the xbox version but not there.

This is what happens when you can't repair HK-47: [Failure] ...aahhhh! What are you doing?! Remove the arc wrench, remove the arc wrench! Medic!

zerodark9.png

Its the same for me but the cutscenes that supposed to play there such as atton and the disiple having a small fight or the same with the girls dont play. I know they are there because it worked the first play through and on the xbox version but not there.

And you're certain you've got the prerequisites for the cutscenes to play? They don't just play when you have all the required characters. For example, the first Atton/Disciple fight requires that you have 15 more influence with Disciple than with Atton. The first Handmaiden/Visas fight requires that you have 15 more influence with Visas than Handmaiden. And so on.

If you use the Kotor Savegame Editor, you can check if the prerequisites for the cutscenes are actually being met, so you can see if this is actually a bug or not.

The Sith Lords Restoration Project forums

JdNoa: Putting the "Tea" in "Team Gizka"

K1 DSF alternate ending mod, and K2 Ebon Hawk cutscene conditions listing, at my Geocities page

It's not just a question having enough influence, it's a question of how the influence levels between the characters compare. The scene between Atton and Disciple, for example, requires you to have more influence with Disciple than Atton (Atton feals threatened).

I have gotten too good playing the influence game. I generally switch characters to the ones with low influence whenever I hit a hot-spot. The downside of this is that I leave my first planet with high but equal influence with the main NPCs so I never see these scenes. So I have never seen the scene between Visas and Handmaiden, or the one with Mira because I began playing as a male PC late on.

And when the screen fades to black and fades back upon entering the Hawk isn't a bug - it just means that there aren't any more cut scenes to play. That implies that you are very late on in the game - and probably have maxed influences and no chance of seeing these scenes, just like me...

"We were hoping we could bring the Xbox platform into December but didn't want to make the formal announcement until we knew an earlier ship date would not compromise the quality of The Sith Lords," says Producer Mike Gallo.

It's not just a question having enough influence, it's a question of how the influence levels between the characters compare. The scene between Atton and Disciple, for example, requires you to have more influence with Disciple than Atton (Atton feals threatened).

I have gotten too good playing the influence game. I generally switch characters  to the ones with low influence whenever I hit a hot-spot. The downside of this is that I leave my first planet with high but equal influence with the main NPCs so I never see these scenes. So I have never seen the scene between Visas and Handmaiden, or the one with Mira because I began playing as a male PC late on.

And when the screen fades to black and fades back upon entering the Hawk isn't a bug - it just means that there aren't any more cut scenes to play. That implies that you are very late on in the game - and probably have maxed influences and no chance of seeing these scenes, just like me...

so if i lower it through the use of KSE the cutscenes should play. Thank's I'll see if thaat works. If so I'll post it.

zerodark9.png