Mandalorians in K3

Seems to me Cand- I mean Mandalor :-"  is attemting to form the same Mandalorian group that Jango later leads..some few 1000 years later lol but yeah seems that way to me.

No. Canderous rallies only some of the clans to his banner. The rest stay Mercenary until finally aligned by Jaster Mereel.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

The Mandalorians will probably allie with the Republic, and help destroy the True Sith. They won't get whiped out, because it goes against continuity.

When was it confirmed that KOTOR is even part of official continuity? I'm pretty sure that they'll do whatever they feel fits best the story of KOTOR 3 in regards to the Mandalorians' role.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The Mandalorians will probably allie with the Republic, and help destroy the True Sith. They won't get whiped out, because it goes against continuity.

When was it confirmed that KOTOR is even part of official continuity? I'm pretty sure that they'll do whatever they feel fits best the story of KOTOR 3 in regards to the Mandalorians' role.

So cute.

In Star Wars continuity unless it has a Infinities lable it is continuity. KOTOR has been confirmed as continuity by Leland Chee, and most of what's in KOTOR and KOTOR TIES into already established continuity. A recent KOTOR tales story even made KOTOR continuity when it told the story of the 3 Jedi who died during the great hunt.

KOTOR will even join up with the rest of the continuity when it gets it's part in the NEW ESSENTIAL CHRONOLOGY.

So KOTOR is continuity, and thus the Mandalorians are not allowed to die. Sorry, but this is how continuity works in Star Wars, and KOTOR is apart of that continuity.

So cute.

In Star Wars continuity unless it has a Infinities lable it is continuity. KOTOR has been confirmed as continuity by Leland Chee, and most of what's in KOTOR and KOTOR TIES into already established continuity. A recent KOTOR tales story even made KOTOR continuity when it told the story of the 3 Jedi who died during the great hunt.

KOTOR will even join up with the rest of the continuity when it gets it's part in the NEW ESSENTIAL CHRONOLOGY.

So KOTOR is continuity, and thus the Mandalorians are not allowed to die. Sorry, but this is how continuity works in Star Wars, and KOTOR is apart of that continuity.

But aren't you the same person that wouldn't let the issue drop about the flying crab (ie. the Basilisk War Droid)? You refused to admit that the KOTOR version was "legitimately" continuity, yet now you are saying KOTOR is continuity. And, furthermore, you're the one that argues that continuity in Star Wars is fine and has no flaws.

You certainly do change your mind depending on whether it suits your argument or not. :p

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

So cute.

But aren't you the same person that wouldn't let the issue drop about the flying crab (ie. the Basilisk War Droid)? You refused to admit that the KOTOR version was "legitimately" continuity, yet now you are saying KOTOR is continuity. And, furthermore, you're the one that argues that continuity in Star Wars is fine and has no flaws.

You certainly do change your mind depending on whether it suits your argument or not. :)

I've never changed by mind. KOTOR is continuity, however it does have it's share of continuity mistakes that will be fixed. Sooner or later the Basilisk will be fixed, or be concidered somethign else. For instance I was also a firm spokes person on the Valley of the Dark Lords screw up. In tales 23 that is fixed, like I always said it would.

So KOTOR is continuity, the story is continuity, the people in it are continuity, everything about KOTOR series is continuity. Unless of course it's a continuity mistake, in that case the situation is looked at on a case by case basis and fixed. Just like the VOTDL was.

EDIT: And continuity is doing well for the most part. Hardly any problems.

EDIT: And continuity is doing well for the most part. Hardly any problems.

Understatement of the Year so far.

For one you don't know **** about continuity anyway, so I don't even know why your even starting the subject with me. I see things fixed all the time. Star Wars continuity is very good in the department of making things fit.

But lets get back to the subject at hand.

Alright folks, let me tell you a story:

Right now I'm the playing the Star Wars Total Conversion Mod for Freelancer. So there I am in my YT-1300 Mk II flying to the Bespin system. Now judging from the trade lanes on my nav map, I manged to find a hidden Black Sun base in the lower quadrant of the system. Natutally I docked, and when I checked what ships were available for sale, I saw a: Xizor comissioned Virago Starfigher...which as you know looks exactly like K2's "Bassilisk War Droid".

manthing2.jpg

For one you don't know **** about continuity anyway, so I don't even know why your even starting the subject with me. I see things fixed all the time. Star Wars continuity is very good in the department of making things fit.

Oh but I do. Just because I don't go around bragging about my so called "connections" or so called knowledge of everything that is Star Wars doesn't mean I don't know anything about what I'm talking about.

If Continuity was good, then they wouldn't need to go back and FIX things. By definition, continuity means that one story flows to the next. If you are watching a movie, and then after the movie they get complaints that certain parts contradicted themselves, that would be bad, correct? But by your definition, all they'd have to do is re-release the movie after they make changes and everything would be "perfect". Sorry, that's not the case.

If Continuity was good, then they wouldn't need to go back and FIX things.  By definition, continuity means that one story flows to the next.  If you are watching a movie, and then after the movie they get complaints that certain parts contradicted themselves, that would be bad, correct?  But by your definition, all they'd have to do is re-release the movie after they make changes and everything would be "perfect".  Sorry, that's not the case.

Who's going to break this to GL ? :rolleyes:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Oh but I do. Just because I don't go around bragging about my so called "connections" or so called knowledge of everything that is Star Wars doesn't mean I don't know anything about what I'm talking about.

If Continuity was good, then they wouldn't need to go back and FIX things. By definition, continuity means that one story flows to the next. If you are watching a movie, and then after the movie they get complaints that certain parts contradicted themselves, that would be bad, correct? But by your definition, all they'd have to do is re-release the movie after they make changes and everything would be "perfect". Sorry, that's not the case.

No continuity is perfect, however STar Wars continuity is damn good. Concidering the Star Wars Galaxies spans thousands of years, and with hardly any mess ups I say that's pretty good stuff.

Almost everything in Star Wars fits now, better than it ever did.

Alright folks, let me tell you a story:

Right now I'm the playing the Star Wars Total Conversion Mod for Freelancer.  So there I am in my YT-1300 Mk II flying to the Bespin system.  Now judging from the trade lanes on my nav map, I manged to find a hidden Black Sun base in the lower quadrant of the system.  Natutally I docked, and when I checked what ships were available for sale, I saw a:  Xizor comissioned Virago Starfigher...which as you know looks exactly like K2's "Bassilisk War Droid".

Only if the Basilisk in KOTOR 2 was a Basilisk War Droid. I need not start that discussion again, the old Molecrap will have it's return if Dark Horse has anything to say about it. They've already taken their Valley back.

speaking specifically about the movies. The movies are CANON.

Canon trumps every comic, RPG, book, magazine whatever.

So when Lucas decides to introduce midi-chlorians and almost everyone else is against it....too bad. The movies are immutable and infallable. Period.

The problem comes when a movie intrudes on an EU construct. The problem is not who will win, the problem is how do you patch up the EU construct that was jolted without screwing something else up?

But that's canon vs continuity. An even more difficult challenge is continuity vs continuity. Which one is right? The oldest one? Does a comic always trump an RPG? Anyway, it looks like they are starting to create omnibus compendiums to help smooth over the differences. They might even decide to go with the RPG version once in a while. Guess we will have to see.

speaking specifically about the movies.  The movies are CANON.

Canon trumps every comic, RPG, book, magazine whatever.

So when Lucas decides to introduce midi-chlorians and almost everyone else is against it....too bad.  The movies are immutable and infallable.  Period.

The problem comes when a movie intrudes on an EU construct.  The problem is not who will win, the problem is how do you patch up the EU construct that was jolted without screwing something else up?

But that's canon vs continuity.  An even more difficult challenge is continuity vs continuity.  Which one is right?  The oldest one?  Does a comic always trump an RPG?  Anyway, it looks like they are starting to create omnibus compendiums to help smooth over the differences.  They might even decide to go with the RPG version once in a while.  Guess we will have to see.

Actually yep,yep. The way I've seen things work. Movie out does book, book out does comic, comic out does game.

proof of comic out doing game is in Tales 23 with the Valley of the Dark Lords. Though if a new source adds to continuity then everything is fine.

For instance although the Valley of the Dark Lords in KOTOR is heavly modified so that it will now fit with the continuity Valley, the Dantooine Academy looks exactly like the game had it, in the comic. And since no source had the description of the Academy Vodo built in TOTJ, the KOTOR version wins, and thus becomes the continuity academy.

First off I'm not siding with anyone on this but I would like to state a few "continuity" issues.

Luke came very late to the force so says the movies where (I think) everyone agrees continuity comes first. Yet, here Exile is starting an army of force users who are all old..older then Luke even lol and Mace even said Ani was too old.

Any color lightsaber other then Blue Green Red and now Violet....ok comics had them books had them and games had them well the movies never did...Continuity?

Ani got married but that was wrong in the jedi order....books comics games all have jedis getting involved but...the movies say thats wrong..umm

The movies always have a Sith lord take the ttle Darth and a proper name that corrosponds with his..say..char..Vader=Invading Maul=very violent ect...ok well Darth Traya did that pretty well but Reven (a interesting char but still Continuity??)

I noticed this the first time I saw EP2...Jango Fett..awsome char..well loved my many fans...games and comics say the most feared Bounty hunter in all the galaxy...could even bring down a jedi.....the council didn't have him on there most wanted list? Obi acted like he hadn't even herd of him before.

I have more and im sure you can contest..probably all of these...but we are speaking of continuity..you know the absent of contradictions.

P.S. i'm a super SW fan but I am also honest when you have tons of diff writers writting about the same story.