BETTER STORYLINE

KOTOR or KOTOR2  

236 members have voted

1. 1. KOTOR or KOTOR2

• KOTOR
    • KOTORII

the story could have been slapped together by a freshman for his english class. Somethings happen faster than you can say plothole

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I voted for KoTOR 2 because I felt it was less predictable than KoTOR 1. The Sith Lords storyline may not have been complete but it took chances and kept people interersted. While people may have criticised the ending I felt that the end part of the game was exciting, fun and truely more memorable than the ending for KoTOR 1.

the end part of the game was exciting, fun and truely more memorable than the ending for KoTOR 1.

LoL. I found that the worst bit in the game. Especially when compared to the final Star Forge level - now that was a Jedi showdown that K2 should've had.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

The problem with the Star Forge level was that it was predictable and cliche. It was the ending that was allways going to happen. It wasn't by any means bad, I liked it. I just liked the way KoTOR 2 stepped away from that formula of who was clearly good and who was clearly bad.

I understand the Star Forge generating ships, but did it magically generate 20 million dark Jedi? I never understood that.

What portion of the Star Forge was challenging or unique? It was just a marathon of randomly generated bad guys to slice through.

And BTW, welcome to the forums, Cubeoid!

I understand the Star Forge generating ships, but did it magically generate 20 million dark Jedi?  I never understood that.

What portion of the Star Forge was challenging or unique?  It was just a marathon of randomly generated bad guys to slice through.

And BTW, welcome to the forums, Cubeoid!

Yes, welcome Cubeoid! As for the Star Forge, it didn't generate the dark jedi, they were already there, residing on the Star Forge.

As for the endings, I thought the Star Forge was way more memorable than Malachor V. Malchor V was boring, and you were buy yourself. It would have been way better, thought not better than K1, if the content hadn't been cut. In the Star Forge you faced a bunch of different enemies and even got some nice robes if you knew where to look. You also get to face and redeem Bastila :devil::lol: as a LS Jedi. Not to mention that Malak seemed harder than Kreia. But hey, that's my opinion.

I understand the Star Forge generating ships, but did it magically generate 20 million dark Jedi? I never understood that.

The way in which Revan and Malak converted so many Jedi to the dark side gets touched upon in KOTORII. Nothing specific, but definitely interesting.

EDIT: After finishing KOTORII, I'm more impressed than I expected to be. All the whining here led me to believe that there really wasn't an ending, but the game felt like it wrapped itself up nicely. Sure, they could have done a better job, but it's not half as bad as people make it out to be.

EDIT: After finishing KOTORII, I'm more impressed than I expected to be. All the whining here led me to believe that there really wasn't an ending, but the game felt like it wrapped itself up nicely. Sure, they could have done a better job, but it's not half as bad as people make it out to be.

That's exactly what I thought too. The ending is over criticised.

Malak was harder because Bioware cheated.

The Malak battle was lame. I had to resort to running circles and throwing my lightsaber at him. Yeah, that's real Jedi like.

And thanks for the welcome guys.

• 3 weeks later...

I think KOTOR:2 had better dialogue and more depth. KOTOR:1 had one good twist, and that was it. Malak was a horrid villian. Several of the party members were either annoying or pathetic.

I think if KOTOR:2 were properly finished this wouldn't even be a debate.

KotOR is much better than its successor, IMO. The characters actually have stories to them and the story is much more creative. In KotOR 2, instead of hunting for Star Maps you hunt for Jedi Masters. Besides, I like Malak better than Traya.

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

KotOR II: After the Credits Rolled: Read

Force Sight: Read

Other:

Gaming Blog: Read

I would have to pick the original KOTOR. The storyline was far more compelling to me than that of sequel, perhaps for the simple reason that I felt I accomplished something by the end of KOTOR. I identified well with the protagonist and I enjoyed all of the party members. They had backstories, quests, and personalities of their own that helped me to actually care about them. I found the darkside quests resonated with me powerfully. I actually felt strongly that my character's actions were deliciously evil. Unfortunately, I cannot say that I felt the same way about the DS actions in the sequel.

I suppose it boils down to a feeling of accomplishment. I got that from the KOTOR storyline but only confusion instead from KOTOR II's storyline. In fact, by the end of KOTOR II, I didn't feel like I had made any sort of major impact on the galaxy I had interacted with for several hours.

Why? I think it's for a number of reasons, but the foremost for me was that I believe the developers went out of their way to create something different. While they certainly accomplished that goal by my estimation, they sacrificed the basic structures that help to make an enjoyable game/storyline (deep characters, clear distinctions between good and evil, romances, a sympathetic protagonist, etc.) I also thought that the explanation for Revan's absence broke the suspension of disbelief for many players. I certainly had trouble believing the explantation as it was given. The missing content only helped to exacerbate the problems with the storyline that were already glaringly obvious.

For all of these reasons, KOTOR's storyline is the clear winner when compared to KOTOR II.

I think KOTOR:2 had better dialogue and more depth.  KOTOR:1 had one good twist, and that was it.  Malak was a horrid villian.  Several of the party members were either annoying or pathetic.

I think if KOTOR:2 were properly finished this wouldn't even be a debate.

I highly doubt it. Even with the HK storyline, the only real thing that would be different would be the end, and even then that wouldn't make up for the LAME storyline. Now, if they made a mod to make Kreia and GO-TO optional party members... (w00t)

Kotor rules when it comes to the storyline.........because it was accually finished. lol

There are features that were in Kotor II, which made it abit better. (ie. Influence is the main cool feature)

The Influence feature, in my opinion is alot more better then Kotor I's talk after each level type of thing. lol (I could never get Canderous' quest to come up before finishing the game and i couldn't finish Jolee's talking bit)

The Robes in Kotor were rather pathetic, but the Robes on Kotor II were much more better. :D

All in all, Kotor was much better because of the Gameplay and the storyline, while Kotor II is a beta in my mind because of the unfinished storyline and cut features.

The Influence feature, in my opinion is alot more better then Kotor I's talk after each level type of thing

It's better cos that's where it comes from. Some of K2's good points come from the feedback of K1 - so if K2 didn't have those enhanced features (like Influence or quick-weapon switch) then...welll, it would've said something bad about Obisidian and LucasArts.

Granted, they don't seem to listen much now anyway -

patch

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Kotor rules when it comes to the storyline.........because it was accually finished. lol

There are features that were in Kotor II, which made it abit better. (ie. Influence is the main cool feature)

The Influence feature, in my opinion is alot more better then Kotor I's talk after each level type of thing. lol (I could never get Canderous' quest to come up before finishing the game and i couldn't finish Jolee's talking bit)

The Robes in Kotor were rather pathetic, but the Robes on Kotor II were much more better. :D

All in all, Kotor was much better because of the Gameplay and the storyline, while Kotor II is a beta in my mind because of the unfinished storyline and cut features.

Im confused???

Which one do you think is better?

The Influence feature, in my opinion is alot more better then Kotor I's talk after each level type of thing

It's better cos that's where it comes from. Some of K2's good points come from the feedback of K1 - so if K2 didn't have those enhanced features (like Influence or quick-weapon switch) then...welll, it would've said something bad about Obisidian and LucasArts.

Granted, they don't seem to listen much now anyway -

patch

I'm sure they're listening. They just aren't talking ^_^

Kotor I.

Kotor II's story had a lot of potential, but too many disappointments for me. I knew all along Kreia is evil and can't do anything about it and was again crushed when I gathered all the jedi masters and they died in less than two seconds. I would also have liked it better if I can gain access back to Atris's secret acedemy with high influence over handmaiden and patch up things with Atris before everything turns ill.

To be honest Kotor 2 is the better story. It's a question of Kotor 1 being the pioneer or more accurately, it was something new and different when it came out, and people got attached, even addicted to it. Kotor 2 was more compelling and deeper, but because it was such a different Star Wars story people wound up not warming up to it. The characters were a liitle better in the second, Obsidian just chose not to use family reunions, to fill up their characters backgrounds. Have you ever seen a game with more family reunions than Kotor1? :wub: Kotor 1 was a great game with a solid story while Kotor 2 was a partially incomplete game with an even better storyline.(notice the word partially, the cut material, for me, was inconsiquential to the general plot)

As far as the story line goes Kotor 2 pawns the first. Most observers agree i.e game informer and the like, that Kotor 2's story was more engaging than the first, and after playing both games I somewhat agree with that assessment. Improved gameplay, more dynamic villains and a more interesting story means Kotor 2 was the better game, but that's just my opinion.