BETTER STORYLINE

KOTOR or KOTOR2  

236 members have voted

1. 1. KOTOR or KOTOR2

• KOTOR
    • KOTORII

When did I contridict myself? I said if the force has a destiny (meaning Kreia is right) then it could never allow a destiny to be one that destroys it's self. (thus kreia can't be doing what she's doing)

Also what I sad was If choice is real (thus kreia is wrong) than you could make the choice to destroy the force..which kreia has come to depend on. (Kreia could do what she's doing)

What your suggesting is a vaccum that swallows it's self.

Also if Kreia needed you to have free will (you being disconected from the force as you say) then destiny could not account for Kreia's failling as you would not be a facter thus the first still holds destiny can't destroy it's self.

Unless it's trying to commit suicide. Maybe it's bored. Otherwise it's just further torturing Kreia with the possibility that she can win. In which case shes even more justified in being peeved.

But it isnt. Star Wars is all about destiny it's an ongoing theme. Since we are talking about a fictional setting here not a real one.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

You didn't anwser my question and I already stated Destiny can't destroy itself.

and destiny, although an aspect of Star Wars, is not the theme. The true theme is redemption.

The SW relm also believes in choice otherwise Yoda would never said "Always in motion the future is." or "If you leave now help them you could." destiny doesn't use could's or maybe's. Destiny in SW is more used as "birth right" then "predestination."

You didn't anwser my question and I already stated Destiny can't destroy itself.

and destiny, although an aspect of Star Wars, is not the theme. The true theme is redemption.

The SW relm also believes in choice otherwise Yoda would never said "Always in motion the future is." or "If you leave now help them you could." destiny doesn't use could's or maybe's. Destiny in SW is more used as "birth right" then "predestination."

But just because you say it dosnt make it true. Your simply making an assumption.

Destiny crops up far more than redemption does.

That was Yoda's view Kreia had her own view. EP II-III put a bit of a dent in Yoda's credibility.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

*****SPOILERS TO EPIII*****

Redemption is the whole 6 movies lol how even the most evil of villans can be saved.

when did EPII and III hurt Yoda's Cred? You mean when the Emp/Palpy manipulated key events so that what happened to Ani would? or maybe when the council said his future is clouded? or perhaps when obi told Ani that Palpy had twisted his mind? when Ani killed Mace so as to side with Palpy cause Palpy made Ani beileve that the Dark side could save Padma even though it was Ani's fall that truly killed her? or maybe at the very end when Vader decided to forsake all the power only to save his son. Destiny needs no minipulations no subtiltys destiny simply is.

Sliath, please use the SPOILER tags to hide SPOILERS! <_<

Just put "Spoiler" and "/spoiler" in square brackets, like all the other codes, around the spoiler. Please. Thank you.

Even without the Force there would stil, be wars. There would be suffering. Removing the force would not change that. The Force does not cause these things; people cause these things.

And, no, destiny is not about prechoosing. Anakin made choices that led to his downfall. His poor choices were forseen; not literally predestined. It was known he would make certain choices; not forced to do certain things.

You have no way of determining that Destiny is fixed and Free Will is an illusion.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Destiny needs no minipulations no subtiltys destiny simply is.

I refer you back to the Greeks. :D

Those things happened because they had to happen. Interesting because a movie is very much like destiny. The characters are acting like they have control and free will and as far as they know they do.Everyone else knows that they are following a set of scripted events that conclude with a pre determined outcome. At no point is there any doubt or any chance that Anakin Skywalker wont become Darth Vader. Everything else is simply to propel events to that outcome.

478327[/snapback]

Because of the circumstances of being outside of the force the exile may not have been subject to fate and perhaps thats what Kreia was looking for.

Exactly: that is what makes Kreia the One True Prophet, the one who will save us all from the slavery of a fate predestined by the selfish, malevolent Force.

We, the Anti-Force Force, will take up force against the Force and force it into oblivion.

:rolleyes:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Shadow, im sorry but destiny doesn't need propeling...this is the point of destiny.

metadigital, sorry about that still a bit new to this.

Yes it does it needs to be subtle or people start to catch on. You need to at least maintain the illusion of freewill or people will go nutso in most cases. Imagine that you happened across the script of your life from birth to death, bet it would freak you out.

478327[/snapback]

First off that can't work..If Exile is free then how can people with destiny follow him? Destiny can't account for him than so it can't work.

metadigital, think you could type the [] and how it should look...not working for me lol.

And what would we do if we new? kill our selves? we can not our destiny...lol why hide the unescapable that alone doesn't make any sense.

First off that can't work..If Exile is free then how can people with destiny follow him? Destiny can't account for him than so it can't work.

And what would we do if we new? kill our selves? we can not our destiny...lol why hide the unescapable that alone doesn't make any sense.

Without knowing the exact nature of how it works we can only guess.

I never asked what you could do about I asked if it would freak you out. :D

<for spoilers>

I just use the quote button(next to code) and then replace the word quote with the word spoiler. Then it's exactly the same as if you were quoting something.

478327[/snapback]

Spoiler:

This is an example of a spoiler -- make sure you spell the word correctly.

Just because it seems that everyone is choosing to come along of their own free will doesn't mean there is such a thing as free will. All that is required is the illusion for us to believe that we are free to choose, for us to think we are actually making the choice. We could be as fixed in what we do as the characters in a film.

It's an illusion.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I loved the KOTOR 1 story :)

also i enjoyed it more because it did not had such nasty bugs as KOTOR2

Especially

I loved the scene were the Player learns the he is Darth Revan

What a great suprise for a game scenario!!!!

It was so Cool!! :wub:

While the story of KOTOR2 is a rushed release just to sell in stores

I will never forget when the Ebon Hawk crash into Malachors mountains and at the end of the game after defeating Darth Trya the Ebon Hawk is Fully repaired by a miracle!! :o

And then GAME OVER <_<

Kotor2 story was a unfinished unpolished rashed sh*t

from the story to the UGLIEST game bugs

Also KOTOR 2 Graphic textures are uglier from KOTOR 1 ones

Sorry Obsidian but my vote goes to KOTOR1 and Bioware

I loved the KOTOR 1 story  :-

also i enjoyed it more because it did not had such nasty bugs as KOTOR2

Especially

I loved the scene were  the Player learns the he is Darth Revan

What a great suprise for a game scenario!!!!

It was so Cool!!  :lol:

While the story of KOTOR2 is a rushed release just to sell in stores 

I will never forget when the Ebon Hawk  crash into Malachors mountains and at the end of the game after defeating Darth Trya the Ebon Hawk  is Fully repaired by a miracle!! :lol:

And then GAME OVER <_<

Kotor2 story was a unfinished unpolished rashed sh*t

from the story to  the UGLIEST game bugs

Also KOTOR 2 Graphic textures are uglier from KOTOR 1 ones

Sorry Obsidian but my vote goes to KOTOR1 and  Bioware

QFT

KOTOR 1 had great climate, but story? Story is a too big word for that naive sham bioware came up with. No comparison to Throne of Bhaal or Shadows of Amn - K1 story is worst of all bioware games... another mechanical sith, another superweapon, another princess and that Revan twist that semi-intelligent gamer can foresee long before... goosh

Why would you compare a scienece ficiton Roleplaying game to a middle earth one? YOu are truely mad

Well there are only two kotor games lmao.

If you're talking about all RPGS. heck no.

There are dozens of RPGs.. I know you don't consider a game that was released more than 2 years ago a game. But there are plenty of games released more than 3 years ago that easily smite K2

Ive definatly got to agree that KOTOR1 had the best story mainly because of the plot twist, i thought basically the whole of KOTOR1's story was really cleverly constructed as well....

The thing that let me down in KOTOR2's story is that I read somewhere in an interview with Obsidian that there was going to be a twist in the story of this too, so it led to a kind of anticlimax for me..

Plus all the loose ends at the end of KOTOR2 let it down for me. :ph34r:

In KOTOR1?? if so sure i could see it coming but it was interesting all the same... :-

Not when you visit Kashyyyk first then spend the next 10 hours of the game waiting for the the rest of the universe to catch up.

Bioware did exactly the same thing in Jade Empire. Its either that subtle storytelling is beyond them. They are intentially writing for stupid people who dont pay attention to what is going on, or they are so proud of their plot twists that the feel the need to illumiate them with "neon signs".

The fact that KOTOR II dosnt rely on any sort of twist is one of the things that makes the story more interesting. Plot twists are one off devices which even if they work well, and done well they can certainly enhance a story "Luke I am your Father" but you will never get that same shock value subsequently.

478327[/snapback]

The stories were both enjoyable, IMO, until the ending. Thus I voted for KOTOR 1 because the ending was more satisfying (yes, it was simplistic, but so are most SW stories).

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)