Holy Hamster! Im going to game school!

Just got the letter this morning, they liked my work samples and im in. So hopefully Ill be spending the next 3+ years learning how to make games by making them :)

some sweet stuff I was lured with:

-Ill be given a 2000euro laptop

-The school has an abundance of toys including a motion capture studio, music recording studio and tons of stuff

-Talant scouts from companies & publishers regularly visit the school to check for games(I have a friend there who got his game contracted)

-You actually get to make full games at school, not just test projects

..and a friend of mine went to visit there and that day they had a test, which consisted of playing Ut2004 for a couple of hours and then writing a short essay about what they liked about it :D

But still, Im scared ****less about this. :)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

This is embarrasing :D but it seems Im not in yet, this was just a preliminary notice. Ill find out for real later this summer.

Yes its in Visby, Gotland, Sweden.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Just got the letter this morning, they liked my work samples and im in. So hopefully Ill be spending the next 3+ years learning how to make games by making them :(

some sweet stuff I was lured with:

-Ill be given a 2000euro laptop

-The school has an abundance of toys including a motion capture studio, music recording studio and tons of stuff

-Talant scouts from companies & publishers regularly visit the school to check for games(I have a friend there who got his game contracted)

-You actually get to make full games at school, not just test projects

..and a friend of mine went to visit there and that day they had a test, which consisted of playing Ut2004 for a couple of hours and then writing a short essay about what they liked about it :D

But still, Im scared ****less about this. :lol:

How much is it?

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

How much is it?

As with all Swedish Universities, Its state funded (with some sponsorship too) so its completely free for the students.

How much is it?

As with all Swedish Universities, Its state funded (with some sponsorship too) so its completely free for the students.

Lucky ******* <_<

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I just got a call from one of the teachers, a female 3D guru(!) She said that my chance of getting in is about 75% and thats before they've even checked that all applicants are authorized(I am).

I asked her if sending in my 2D stuff(paintings etc.) was of any consequence and she said it was, since they look more to creativity and artistic talent than my modelling skills. Makes sense, thats what Im there to learn.

:blink: Good Luck Kaftan :-

I'm waiting for your KOTOR mods... :ph34r:

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

You are more courageous than I was, Kaftan, in choosing to go to a school for games than a "normal" school. Though in all fairness, I'm still not sure whether being a game developer is a worthwhile pursuit, given the industry's stagnancy these days. But maybe you can help change that :D

There are doors

She said that my chance of getting in is about 75%...
THAT'S IT? Do they run for their dictionaries when someone mentions competition?

There must be some seriously unoccupied cubicles in Visby... :)"

I am sure all our thoughts are with you.

It's a pity you won't be able to use the practical surrealist adventures with Sune as direct neural input whilst on secondment far away from home ... You'll have to make up some seriously off-the-wall antics to replace that sort of wetware hyper-threading.

Maybe one of your fist assignments will be to play KotOR:TSL and give an honest appraisal of the various aspects: plot, characters, dialogue, scripts, environments, pacing, bugs ... :-"

>_< Go for GOLD! :- (The buoy was a good omen, I think!) :luck:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT