Padawan or Solo?

In K3, would you like to go solo again, or be a Padawan under a Master?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. In K3, would you like to go solo again, or be a Padawan under a Master?

• Padawan
    • Solo
    • Other (Please Specify)

Either as Padawan with the master together or as Master with a Padawan. No more Jedi within the player party then, two must be enough. Although it's nice to see your whole party in Jedi Robes with lightsabers I'd love to see it going back to the old ways, a master and a student.

For dark siders of course a switch of masters or drawing your student on your side then (or losing him to the other side of the force if you don't do the right things to him :o).

I assume the timeline will be progressed.

During the same year as k2 the jedi council is being rebuilt and there are other jedi around. You know this as the Disciple said someone has been going throughout the galaxy taking holocrons that belong to jedi or tell the reader where the jedi are.

Atris didn't want the exile to find anyone but the 3 masters in k2. Atris had the ambitions to be a goddess pretty much of her own jedi order.

But there are still jedi masters out there. Like Jolee Bindo might still be around and we might even see him in Kotor 3 as a jedi master (man it will be cool if the geezer was our master).

Hmm I wonder why a lot of people want a master to be killed off.

If your master does get killed off, I don't want an emotionless death (like Kreia getting her hand cut off). I want a death that evokes emotion like Obi-wan's death.

Jolee was okay, though.

Yeah, and he would have made what I would call an excellent *secondary teacher*. A secondary teacher teaches you a new form or two and maybe a new feat but they only have a little to offer. (Too bad K1 really did not do that).

Your *primary teacher* needs to fit like a 2-year-old pair of tennis shoes. That's why we need a decent selection and not get stuck with someone we hate.

Jolee was okay, though.

Yeah, and he would have made what I would call an excellent *secondary teacher*. A secondary teacher teaches you a new form or two and maybe a new feat but they only have a little to offer. (Too bad K1 really did not do that).

Your *primary teacher* needs to fit like a 2-year-old pair of tennis shoes. That's why we need a decent selection and not get stuck with someone we hate.

Well I am ok whoever it is. I just don't want to see another K2 universe thing where you choose the univese you're in. It's pointless.

I would want to see a strict jedi master, not one who's a neutral douchbag like Kreia.

If your master does get killed off, I don't want an emotionless death (like Kreia getting her hand cut off). I want a death that evokes emotion like Obi-wan's death.

starting off with a mentor and then about halfway through he dies and his Force Ghost guides you through the endgame (and directs you to other mentors).

that is some classic Star Wars fare.

Definitely, and you've hit on the key point. Done well, and it makes a great game; done purely as a plot device, and people will resent it. It will take a powerful storyteller to pull it off properly.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I would want to see a strict jedi master, not one who's a neutral douchbag like Kreia.

the neutral path should be the hardest to take and finding someone who is truely a Master of neutrality should be almost impossible.

Kreia was more than a Force mentor, though. Her character was a shortcut storytelling device. They really need to resist the temptation to link your Force training with the main story.

starting off with a mentor and then about halfway through he dies and his Force Ghost guides you through the endgame (and directs you to other mentors).

Yes, but not a lot of ghost stuff, just the odd riddle.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Yeah the master has to die.

The reason why originally GL killed him off as Obi-Wan faded into the background. Where just having him had no point.

That is pretty much going to be the same thing in k3 if they go the padawan/master route. Half way of the game you're starting to find that having a master with you is having less and less of an impact.

Though what they could do is making the pc a padawan and your master a jedi knight. Jedi knights get one padawan before becoming a master (in the new, old jedi order.. ep1 one which is the one being created after k2)

So maybe half way in the game your pc will pass the trails and become a jedi knight and be given knightship while your jedi knight master becomes an offical master.

If they use the padawan/apprentice idea, the neutral master should most definately (sp?) be Jolee. Of course, he'd probably stab himself with his lightsaber before he called the PC a "padawan", but I doubt he'd argue with having a student. Kashyyk has to be boring by yourself.

sig2.gif

I actually would prefer your master being a jedi knight and becoming a master after half way because you completed your trails.

The whole jedi master death would be hard to pull off sucessfully and if your master dies.. well what happens to your padawan? We don't even know what happens to Padawans when their masters die. Do they become Jedi knights? Do they get kicked out of the order?

Well, the padawan is always with the Master, so if the padawan survives, then instant Masterhood.

The only issue would be if the padawan were not with their Master at the time of death (off on a side quest, say) -- then, that would be a good hook for the plot. Maybe have to prove yourself ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

...  Jolee left Kashyyyk.

And obviously, a padawan is transferred to a new mentor if theirs dies.

Oh I edited my post to saying I preferred Jolee.

Yeah but remember in the case of Disiciple in Kotor 2? He didn't get transferred to another jedi master simply because of the lack of them. Which will be the case of K3. At best I only expect atleast two dozen jedi masters left. That doesn't leave many transferships right? Considering that they would probably all have their own padawan

right. the *ghost* device can be overused just as the dreaded force bond can be overused.

the best way to use the ghost device, IMO, is for him to simply point out where you can get the training you need...and, indeed, in a cryptic way.

"you have learned all you can from Master Soandso....go to Tatooine and seek out the Twi'lek master there"

>OK, what is the name?

.....(ghost fades from sight)

that's how you do it. :D

I actually would prefer your master being a jedi knight and becoming a master after half way because you completed your trails.

The whole jedi master death would be hard to pull off sucessfully and if your master dies.. well what happens to your padawan? We don't even know what happens to Padawans when their masters die. Do they become Jedi knights? Do they get kicked out of the order?

Well, the padawan is always with the Master, so if the padawan survives, then instant Masterhood.

The only issue would be if the padawan were not with their Master at the time of death (off on a side quest, say) -- then, that would be a good hook for the plot. Maybe have to prove yourself ...

What they could do is that your master is being held by <Insert next sith cult/sith wannabe faction> and you have been given an offer to join their ranks by killing your master, or you can save your master and remain on the lightside/neutral path

Yeah I bet that why Obi-wan was so pissed because anakain joined the sith within months of the jedi knight trial.

Offically Obi-wan is a jedi knight who had a padawan (like all Jedi knights at some point) but as Anakain never became a jedi knight, Obi-wan could never become an offical master

right. the *ghost* device can be overused just as the dreaded force bond can be overused.

the best way to use the ghost device, IMO, is for him to simply point out where you can get the training you need...and, indeed, in a cryptic way.

"you have learned all you can from Master Soandso....go to Tatooine and seek out the Twi'lek master there"

>OK, what is the name?

.....(ghost fades from sight)

that's how you do it. :D

Yes.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

If a padawan is automatically promoted to master when her master dies, isn't that encouraging the padawans to kill their masters? I wouldn't like to take on a student who benefited from my death! :ph34r: Perhaps this is where the Sith got the idea from...

I prefer the idea of the 'orphaned' padawan going back into the pool to wait for the next available master, though I agree that normal rules would have to be suspended in the crisis following Kotor 2.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

If a padawan is automatically promoted to master when her master dies, isn't that encouraging the padawans to kill their masters?  I wouldn't like to take on a student who benefited from my death! :ph34r:  Perhaps this is where the Sith got the idea from...

I prefer the idea of the 'orphaned' padawan going back into the pool to wait for the next available master, though I agree that normal rules would have to be suspended in the crisis following Kotor 2.

I think the guy meant was.

If your a padawan and your master dies, you become a jedi knight.

Though that doesn't happen in SW as padawans go back into the pool like you said.

Yeah but remember in the case of Disiciple in Kotor 2? He didn't get transferred to another jedi master simply because of the lack of them. Which will be the case of K3. At best I only expect atleast two dozen jedi masters left. That doesn't leave many transferships right? Considering that they would probably all have their own padawan

Bastila was not a Master and yet she mentored you in the Force early on...Jolee could be a mentor early on, no question.

One thing I remember about Mical the Disciple is that he teaches you

how to meditate!

. Nothing wrong with learning some tricks from those less powerful than you. That was a really good idea, I thought.

What they could do is that your master is being held by <Insert next sith cult/sith wannabe faction> and you have been given an offer to join their ranks by killing your master, or you can save your master and remain on the lightside/neutral path

Yes.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Bastila was not a Master and yet she mentored you in the Force early on...Jolee could be a mentor early on, no question.

One thing I remember about Mical the Disciple is that he teaches you

how to meditate!

. Nothing wrong with learning some tricks from those less powerful than you. That was a really good idea, I thought.

not in the game I was playing she wasn't my mentor.

Bastilla accompanies you. Not trains you. Damn. Where you smoking pot while playing. Also bastilla was promoted to Jedi Knight right after she captured Reven.

Plus in K2 it tells us who were Reven's master. Bastilla was NOT one of them.

Bastilla didn't even mentored Reven once, she accompanied him/her.