your side?

are you light (Jedi) or dark (Sith)?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. are you light (Jedi) or dark (Sith)?

• Jedi
    • Sith

i choose the path of the Shadow Jedi Knight. The wisdom of both the Jedi and Sith master and the power to use the Dark Side and the Light side as tools.

In the end it could take you to a place you don't want to tread. There isn't always a place where you can take tendencies, in some places you have to make a choice. How you make that choice can be harder if you stay away from the paths. What if you were the Exile, eventually you have to pick a side. When you pick one side that will influence others. Some more strongly than others, some will see a lightside choice and take to it strongly, eventually you are disregarded for using the power they just suffered to fight. You are an enemy, they could even have you turn to the darkside to avoid or destroy them.

Not all tools are good, even with a good user.

In the daytime the sun comes out and we see shadows, true they are few and far apart but as the day goes on the shadows get more noticeable until it seems like all the light is gone, kind of like the Empire and the Old Republic, for a time all would seem lost, then a small speck of light that remains fights to restore everything, and that small speck succeeds, unfortunately as long as there is Light the Darkness that is in everyone will still have a chance to resurface, just because Palpatine is dead doesn

Statemeant: you cannot stop me you cannot harm me, in order to do that I would need to stop being one of you; I have concluded that this is something I am willing to accept!

In short you have just shown me your soft meatbag-like underbellies and said

The dark side is not how the force is meant to be. The dark side in face does damage to the force, not expose it's true means. The dark side started as subtle manipulation, even a good weapon can be used for harm, as it was. If you read the 3rd star wars book it says Sidious was as a true sith. He was very manipulative, and quite powerful (though nothing compared to his master or his last apprentice) and had reached his full potential. He was the Sith'ari, and he caused the great downfall of the Sith from which they would not recover until time may seem lost, what you may see as forever. He was at that time though said to be as a black hole in the force.

Obi-Wan also tells Anakin he was supposed to use the force to destroy the Sith not leave it in darkness. Some of the greatest Sith Lords could manipulate the force to live long, and almost seemed like holes in the force, not at the extent of the exile, but in a paining way like Exar Kun. Ajunta Pall and the other Sith Lords could never be at rest because they did not become one with the force. They could not do so because they left it and destroyed it in themselves to a point to where they could not take the last journey of life.

This darkness will not be the Sith. They are gone after 6, but they linger, however they basically had their backbone ripped out, then can move around slightly, but all that remains is tombs, memories and whispering ghosts. There will still be Dark Jedi that use the force as a quick and easy path, but the Sith are destroyed after that time. The darkside is truly futile, it leads to nothing but pain and misery. Not just for those around you, but for yourself as well. There are not many Sith who can say they are without regret. Those who were raised on it will have no problems with such, for that was their life. Sidious, Ragnos, Horde, Nadd, all of these were raised on it. Now look at Anakin, and Ajunta Pall, these were betrayers who were in so much pain when they fell it seemed as if they were dead if you saw them. Even the evil Malak, Sion, and Traya look back and think.

The Sith is a belief. One that is far worse than just a Dark Jedi. A dark jedi is like using a knife that is meant to cut food to wound yourself or a friend. A Sith uses that knife to destroy your friends, your belongings, and yourself in the end.

The dark side is not how the force is meant to be. The dark side in face does damage to the force, not expose it's true means. The dark side started as subtle manipulation, even a good weapon can be used for harm, as it was. If you read the 3rd star wars book it says Sidious was as a true sith. He was very manipulative, and quite powerful (though nothing compared to his master or his last apprentice) and had reached his full potential. He was the Sith'ari, and he caused the great downfall of the Sith from which they would not recover until time may seem lost, what you may see as forever. He was at that time though said to be as a black hole in the force.

Obi-Wan also tells Anakin he was supposed to use the force to destroy the Sith not leave it in darkness. Some of the greatest Sith Lords could manipulate the force to live long, and almost seemed like holes in the force, not at the extent of the exile, but in a paining way like Exar Kun. Ajunta Pall and the other Sith Lords could never be at rest because they did not become one with the force. They could not do so because they left it and destroyed it in themselves to a point to where they could not take the last journey of life.

This darkness will not be the Sith. They are gone after 6, but they linger, however they basically had their backbone ripped out, then can move around slightly, but all that remains is tombs, memories and whispering ghosts. There will still be Dark Jedi that use the force as a quick and easy path, but the Sith are destroyed after that time. The darkside is truly futile, it leads to nothing but pain and misery. Not just for those around you, but for yourself as well. There are not many Sith who can say they are without regret. Those who were raised on it will have no problems with such, for that was their life. Sidious, Ragnos, Horde, Nadd, all of these were raised on it. Now look at Anakin, and Ajunta Pall, these were betrayers who were in so much pain when they fell it seemed as if they were dead if you saw them. Even the evil Malak, Sion, and Traya look back and think.

The Sith is a belief. One that is far worse than just a Dark Jedi. A dark jedi is like using a knife that is meant to cut food to wound yourself or a friend. A Sith uses that knife to destroy your friends, your belongings, and yourself in the end.

The Jedi are gone as well. Think about it; Luke may have been trained as a Jedi but there will never be another "True Jedi" because the ways of the ancient order are no more, the same with the Sith, the Dark Jedi may want to be as powerful as the ancient order but its impossible without the knowledge that was lost through the years. I guess the ancient Prophecy about Anakin was true; the Jedi are gone and the Sith are gone, there are still force users but not like there used to be. And don't forget the number one rule of the Sith Order set down by Darth Bane 'There can only be two, a Master and an Apprentice.' this way those two would be the only two who knew about the existence of the 'True Sith' and when the Apprentice took over, there would be another apprentice to take his place, in this way there would never be another Sith Civil war which is what happened to Korriban. And isn't it ironic the Sith who have so much regret about their mistakes are often the most powerful enemy?

Statemeant: you cannot stop me you cannot harm me, in order to do that I would need to stop being one of you; I have concluded that this is something I am willing to accept!

Well Luke was a hell of a Jedi still. Damn good duelist I read also, even a rival to his father in his younger years.

If you think about it there are actually 3 prophecies. One of the Jedi, one of the Sith, and the true interpretation.

The Jedi thought it meant destroy the Sith and let the light flood, and they fail to see that too much light is blinding, and too much darkness is cold and frightening. So there must be a daytime, that is that thing.

Who destroyed the Sith and brought back the Jedi order? Luke did, he became one of, if not the most powerful Jedi that ever existed. Not because he had so much might, but because he was like Yoda, at peace, at great teacher of the force though he lacked one for very long. He was the quickest to learn this power at such an old age. You could argue Revan, but he was remembering, not learning. Luke still went on to be a hell of a Jedi and may have been stronger than those previous though most of the ancient secrets were lost. He was the new begining basically.

The Sith have the Sith'ari, the great being who has learned of the Dark so well that he has reached his full potential and destroys the Sith. Bioware intended this to be Vader, but his potential was lost because of dependancy on the suit when he lost all close to him. So the true Sith'ari was sidious. Unlimited power was a lie, he saw it. Though he had the power to give Anakin unlimited power, Sidious reached his peak and did what all other Sith dreamed of. He killed the Jedi, all of them, every last one. Eventually though because of him, the Jedi returned, and he was the reason the Sith died, and fell (down a long hole)

Then there is the true prophecy where everything is tied together. This Jedi was to bring balance. In the old times, many could suggest Revan, but he did more harm than help in the end. He brought mindless evil and unredeemable sith to the galaxy. Now you can see that this was Anakin. He was the catalyst for the Jedi's death, and he killed many of them. He also in the end destroyed the last Sith, and became one with the force as was meant to be.

There was only one thing left, one young, very powerful, but quite neutral Jedi. He favored peace mostly, of the mind and body so that you could actually hear the force. He did not say to do this and this and this and this and then meditate on the good and peace you have brought. He wanted the forces will to be done.

He was as the Jedi were meant to be, not like these 'Shadow Knights' who claim neutrality. Most people don't realize that 1 bad counteracts almost every good. You could save a thousand worlds, but you destroy one and you are an animal. Not just to people, but just look at you. Revan was a neutral bird, but he pecked at the eyes of the good guys and the structure, and therefore, no matter his intentions was bad. Intentions mean nothing if a greater tragedy is caused. Vrook was right though it hurts to say that. Revan was a gray dog, that was training other dogs to be black, rather than gray like him. He was killing them.

Well Luke was a hell of a Jedi still. Damn good duelist I read also, even a rival to his father in his younger years.

If you think about it there are actually 3 prophecies. One of the Jedi, one of the Sith, and the true interpretation.

The Jedi thought it meant destroy the Sith and let the light flood, and they fail to see that too much light is blinding, and too much darkness is cold and frightening. So there must be a daytime, that is that thing.

Who destroyed the Sith and brought back the Jedi order? Luke did, he became one of, if not the most powerful Jedi that ever existed. Not because he had so much might, but because he was like Yoda, at peace, at great teacher of the force though he lacked one for very long. He was the quickest to learn this power at such an old age. You could argue Revan, but he was remembering, not learning. Luke still went on to be a hell of a Jedi and may have been stronger than those previous though most of the ancient secrets were lost. He was the new begining basically.

The Sith have the Sith'ari, the great being who has learned of the Dark so well that he has reached his full potential and destroys the Sith. Bioware intended this to be Vader, but his potential was lost because of dependancy on the suit when he lost all close to him. So the true Sith'ari was sidious. Unlimited power was a lie, he saw it. Though he had the power to give Anakin unlimited power, Sidious reached his peak and did what all other Sith dreamed of. He killed the Jedi, all of them, every last one. Eventually though because of him, the Jedi returned, and he was the reason the Sith died, and fell (down a long hole)

Then there is the true prophecy where everything is tied together. This Jedi was to bring balance. In the old times, many could suggest Revan, but he did more harm than help in the end. He brought mindless evil and unredeemable sith to the galaxy. Now you can see that this was Anakin. He was the catalyst for the Jedi's death, and he killed many of them. He also in the end destroyed the last Sith, and became one with the force as was meant to be.

There was only one thing left, one young, very powerful, but quite neutral Jedi. He favored peace mostly, of the mind and body so that you could actually hear the force. He did not say to do this and this and this and this and then meditate on the good and peace you have brought. He wanted the forces will to be done.

He was as the Jedi were meant to be, not like these 'Shadow Knights' who claim neutrality. Most people don't realize that 1 bad counteracts almost every good. You could save a thousand worlds, but you destroy one and you are an animal. Not just to people, but just look at you. Revan was a neutral bird, but he pecked at the eyes of the good guys and the structure, and therefore, no matter his intentions was bad. Intentions mean nothing if a greater tragedy is caused. Vrook was right though it hurts to say that. Revan was a gray dog, that was training other dogs to be black, rather than gray like him. He was killing them.

I'm not saying that Luke wasn't a Jedi, I'm saying that he wasn't a 'True Jedi' trained from birth and whatnot, the same could be said for any Sith that could spring from the New Jedi Order, take Kyp Durron for exapmle he almost became Darth Vader, a Jedi can make mistakes, and an Aprentice can be tempted.

Qui-Gon-Jinn one of the most gentle and understanding Jedi ever lost Xanatos to overconfidence, Yoda lost Dooku, and as we all know Obi-Wan lost Anakin.

Anything is possible.

Jedi, but only because the stories are usually biased towards LS and set the story up for it better, plus Dark Siders get really ugly :rolleyes:

I'd like to see an alternate playthrough in SW RPGs where you get the choice to abandon your Jedi Master and join the Sith, travel with sithy crew, eventually kill off your sith master and intimidate your other 'companions', and work your way up the ranks until you become Sith Lord and live happily ever after... :D :rolleyes:

One thing that annoys me about the sith, especially the sith and their code in KOTOR is that if they want to be all powerful and rule the universe, blah blah, then why do they go around betraying each other, and killing innocent people that could otherwise be turned to their cause.

Therefore, Me==Jedi! :wacko:

Just had to get the rant out

Neither for me.

In most of my KotOR I and II games, I wind up light side because I'm just one of those types of people IRL I guess. I really have to force myself to be evil in most RPGs but I seem to have an easier time of it in the KotOR series.

Anyways, whether playing light or dark side, I haven't really identified my characters with the Jedi or the Sith as both of them seem to be (almost) equally screwed up, especially in KotOR II.

Both sides seem screwed up cause neither follows their own rules, they just use them to justify an enemy.

Luke was a *true* Jedi, as was Qui-Gon. Obi-Wan also in 4. These people are those that actually fought for Jedi ideals as they were meant to be.

True Sith are more manipulative. They turn enemies to create a powerful ally. They do not constantly betray unless your position in the end is stronger. Sidious is a good example. Ragnos also I guess.

Those are far less screwed up.

Both sides seem screwed up cause neither follows their own rules, they just use them to justify an enemy.

Luke was a *true* Jedi, as was Qui-Gon. Obi-Wan also in 4. These people are those that actually fought for Jedi ideals as they were meant to be.

True Sith are more manipulative. They turn enemies to create a powerful ally. They do not constantly betray unless your position in the end is stronger. Sidious is a good example. Ragnos also I guess.

Yup, spot on.

I can't stand hypocricy of the Jedi order or the heavy handedness of the Sith.

Isn't always what people are looking? a means to justify an end? :rolleyes:

In Episode 111 Yoda says to Anakin something like "beware of attachment, it leads to jealosy, which is the shadow of greed"

This is what I hate about the jedi, the 'emotion is bad' stuff. If the way of the Sith leads to destruction and misery, then the extreme light leads to oblivion. There is simply no point to being alive because you aren't allowed to feel anything. You have to be selfless to the point where any appreciation or satisfaction is impossible. And this isn't just a code for the Jedi to follow : attachment leads to jealousy which leads to greed which leads to the dark side. Idealy nobody should have any attachments! Everyone living in total selfless oblivion. Yay. We live not to live, we experience not to experience, we marry, but have no attachments.

The light side is the nihilist, fundamentalist extreme end of the force. The force is and end to itself, life has no meaning without it. We live to bring balance, some abstract goal. Happiness isn't the goal, the force is. Boring.

Over time the Jedi became detached from the modern man, who supposedly their supposed to protect, and so steeped in tradition and rank that they lost sight of they're main goal; to protect and serve the living force, how can you protect someone if it is against the rules to care or love anything? And as we all know the force is not just a manifestation it is sentient to a level.

Sure there is danger from love and attachment but if you live through that danger than you are stronger for the expeirience, and if you fail to survive that danger than I suppose you never were that strong to being with were you? :-