was the Great Hunt racist?

Do you support the Great Hunt?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the Great Hunt?

• Yes, kill those evil SOB's.
    • No, tarentateks belong in a zoo.

I seem to remember someone saying Terentateks fed on Jedi blood?  Wouldn't that be an "us or them" scenario for the Jedi?

Don't say you are a racist like these Jedi scum... Terentateks may have some strange eating habits, but that must not be a justification to outlaw them! :rolleyes: :D

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

IF I was a Jedi, I wouldnt want to be eaten.......period........being dead or alive...............Being eaten.....is very bad thing......

Actually there are some cultures (not many, admitedly) that regard the eating of their dead as the ultimate veneration of their spirit and memory.

They can eat me when I'm dead: I don't need the body anymore. (I'm not a Rastafarian*.)

*Rastas are physical immortalists who believe the chosen few will continue to live forever in their current bodies. This idea of everliving (rather than everlasting) life is very strong and important.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Actually there are some cultures (not many, admitedly) that regard the eating of their dead as the ultimate veneration of their spirit and memory.

Probably there are so few of them because they got a very bad brain disease (similar to the Mad Cow Disease) by doing this.

Probably there are so few of them because they got a very bad brain disease (similar to the Mad Cow Disease) by doing this.

Ah, the legendary Kuru. It is very, very rare. As a prion disease, you need to eat infected flesh (well, brains, really). Not good for all those New Guinea zombies ...

(Actually I think it isn't that popular because it is pretty gross. :D )

The buddhist monks in Tibet leave the cadavers for the "Sky God", i.e. the vultures, to dispose of; this is a very good recycling idea (very buddhist) ...

Soylent Green is made out of people! :ph34r:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

IF I was a Jedi, I wouldnt want to be eaten.......period........being dead or alive...............Being eaten.....is very bad thing......

If there's a second Hitch-Hikers movie, I hope we get to see the cow that tries to persuade restaurant-goers to eat it.

Do you think the Terentateks would go for Quorn?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Soylent Green is made out of people!  :ph34r:

Where did you get this information from? Soylent Green are pure algae. I eat it for lunch every weekend. Man, if I wouldn't know better you'd just have spoiled my appetite... :ph34r:

Soylent Green is made out of people!  :ph34r:

Where did you get this information from? Soylent Green are pure algae. I eat it for lunch every weekend. Man, if I wouldn't know better you'd just have spoiled my appetite... :ph34r:

It'sokay, they clean them up first. :p"

(And I'm not so sure about Soylent Red and Blue ...)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Here is another point to consider: Intelligent does not necessarily infer the ability to make moral choices. Tolkien Orcs or the Nazgul for instance are a good example of this - they can think, they can even communicate with other people, but they were created by the Dark Lord for the purpose of being evil and they have no ability to make moral choices in the matter.

Being a Christian, another example that springs to mid is the devil, or more broadly, demons in general. The devil is extremely intelligent, as are his demons. They are heavenly beings (angels who fell). I would argue that Satan is perhaps the most intelligent being in existance aside from God himself. But the devil and all of his cronies have no ability to come back the "light side" because they are now 100% wholly evil. A being who is 99% evil (Palpatine perhaps) has a chance to redeem itself. But a being who is 100% evil, no matter how intelligent or communicative they are, will never be able to come around.

Terentaks were created by Exar Kun to be 100% evil, therefore they are intelligent and possibly communicative, but have no ability to choose good.

[1]Here is another point to consider:  Intelligent does not necessarily infer the ability to make moral choices.  Tolkien Orcs or the Nazgul for instance are a good example of this - they can think, they can even communicate with other people, but they were created by the Dark Lord for the purpose of being evil and they have no ability to make moral choices in the matter. 

[2]Being a Christian, another example that springs to mid is the devil, or more broadly, demons in general.  The devil is extremely intelligent, as are his demons.  They are heavenly beings (angels who fell).  I would argue that Satan is perhaps the most intelligent being in existance aside from God himself.  But the devil and all of his cronies have no ability to come back the "light side" because they are now 100% wholly evil.  A being who is 99% evil (Palpatine perhaps) has a chance to redeem itself.  But a being who is 100% evil, no matter how intelligent or communicative they are, will never be able to come around. 

Terentaks were created by Exar Kun to be 100% evil, therefore they are intelligent and possibly communicative, but have no ability to choose good.

1. Intelligence means the ability to make asessments, even about actions and consequences.

2. "Fallen" Angels = choice has been made. Suffer the consequences (imprisonment) and even reverse the decision. You sound like you support a zero-tolerance policy for littering: first offence -- crucifiction.

You sound more like an extremist than George Dubya Bush. Where is that famous Christian charity of will and forgiveness?

Your attitude sounds more ignorant than fair. In fact, you are mirroring the Teranterek's behaviour: "kill them all". Maybe there is one or more out there that doesn't want war with the Jedi -- but you'll never know.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT