was the Great Hunt racist?

Do you support the Great Hunt?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the Great Hunt?

• Yes, kill those evil SOB's.
    • No, tarentateks belong in a zoo.

Well terentateks are evil and dark side creatures, but they can't help being born that way. Well the Great Hunt was set to wipe them out. It's like the Jedi purge, except it's the light wiping out the dark this time. Can't a terentatek just be contianed in a zoo or in a remote planet? Sith and Jedi are both the same in that manner, no?

UPDATE:

Proof that terentateks ARE intelligent (proof posted below as well).

This is a quote from Duron Qel-Droma (one of those 3 Jedi's killed in the Great Hunt) from Shadows and Light, a comic in Star Wars Tales issue #23-

Duron Qel-Droma: I don't want to kill anymore, Shaela! I'm sick of killing. Sick of hunting. I'm sick of the blood...

Shaela Nuur: Duron...

Duron Qel-Droma: You don't understand -- when I make contact, I hear their thoughts... they may be evil, but they think... they have a spirit and -- UNNGHH!

Does this change anyone's mind about terentateks? The Jedi are racist lightsiders. Don't believe in execution, hmph!

Terentateks are cute :)

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Can a mindless creature be evil? Even if they're tainted by the dark side it's a little curde that they should be extinct. When there is redemption promised to any sentinent being, why is there none for creatures like them?

Btw. that reminds me of how useless beat trick was in KotOR 2. Okay I can use it on a beast so it will do nothing... until the effect fades then it will attack again. I can neither make it to my pet nor can I calm it down permanently (it will still stay red). Somehow dissappointing. :)

I got Beast Confusion once when I was a consular. It only happned once, it's quite weird.

But yeah I'd say kill them. If I was a sith lord, I'd do it, joyingly. :devil:

Can a mindless creature be evil? Even if they're tainted by the dark side it's a little curde that they should be extinct. When there is redemption promised to any sentinent being, why is there none for creatures like them?

Btw. that reminds me of how useless beat trick was in KotOR 2. Okay I can use it on a beast so it will do nothing... until the effect fades then it will attack again. I can neither make it to my pet nor can I calm it down permanently (it will still stay red). Somehow dissappointing. :lol:

Yep, another one-trick pony Force Power, like the Force Breathing thing. C-R-A-P.

You know whats racist? The "Dark" Side is evil. I mean come on...how could you not see that one? Pure Racism...

That is not a SW failing, it is an English failing.

How do you think us left-handed people feel, with Sinister being the adjective that it is?

David Bowie (real name, David Jones, but he changed it so he wouldn't be confused with the David Jones in the Monkeys :D ) made an album called "Black Tie, White Noise" which I interpretted as his way of finding a use of the word "Black" that wasn't perjorative and "White" that was.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Well terentateks are evil and dark side creatures, but they can't help being born that way. Well the Great Hunt was set to wipe them out. It's like the Jedi purge, except it's the light wiping out the dark this time.  Can't a tarentatek just be contianed in a zoo or in a remote planet? Sith and Jedi are both the same in that manner, no?

It's a very dualistic concept: the universe consists of evil and good matter, and everything is made up of lesser or greater amounts of each. (Very Zoroastrian.) I think this sort of blunt philosophical deliniation is poor morality; also, a Jedi is meant to uphold law and order: surely these poor beasts are able to be contained?

Crocodiles would seem to me to be equally "evil". They are certainly just as difficult for us non-Force-Sensitve humans to deal with; they will literally exhaust themselves to death in the process of fighting for their life. I recall a man in FNQ (Far North Queensland, Australia) who has kept a crocodile as a pet for the last twenty years or so. He was asked if the croc was friendly, if it knew him at all. He replied that he would never get in the cage without ensuring the croc had been well fed beforehand; and that he knew the croc would have no qualms about eating him regardless.

So the "great hunt" was immoral. (Racist is a little anthropomorphic, though, more like speciesist -- these creatures aren't human!)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Jedi were hunting for terentateks for two reasons:

1) they were outcome of Exar Kun's experiments with sith alchemy, and since Jedi hated Exar and considered all his work as pure evil, they naturally assumed that all his creations should be wiped out including poor teretateks (their grudge is easily understood - this guy almost wiped out Jedi Order)

2) Terentateks were designed to one goal: eliminating Jedi. Exar hided thousands of these creatures on various planets, and they were living jedi-traps. Since many

knights were killed by them, jedi HQ decided to wipe them out, so Jedi wouldn't be bothered on their picnics any more.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Granted, but Jedi shouldn't hold "grudges"; they should act with regard and respect for all life. Did these terenteks cause a disturbance in the Force when they died? Like the inhabitants of Alderan?

I can understand the control and management issues, just not the blood-thirsty genocidal attitude. :D

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT