Kotor 3 starting class idea

I think players should get a real choice for their starting class.

I want the choice of starting as a soldier and having my prestigse class being an officer, I want to be a scout with my prestigse class being a bounty hunter.

Or if I am a jedi fan I want to be able to start a guardian and become a weaponmasters ( I think you get a point).

I think being able to choose your starting class for whatever you want would allow a lot of replayability.

What Kotor 2 did really bad in is that every new game you started the game play was entirely the same.

Maybe in k3 if you go the soldier route you can end up commanding a squad of NPC soldiers to assit you (on specific missions) or if you're a bounty hunter you can go on a quest tree to hunt jedi masters or prey.

Yay. An actual intelligent, and worthwhile thread by you. I totally agree. That said, I'm sure both our opinions will be ignored on this issue... <_<

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I want the choice of starting as a soldier and having my prestigse class being an officer, I want to be a scout with my prestigse class being a bounty hunter.

Or if I am a jedi fan I want to be able to start a guardian and become a weaponmasters ( I think you get a point).

I think being able to choose your starting class for whatever you want would allow a lot of replayability.

What Kotor 2 did really bad in is that every new game you started the game play was entirely the same.

Maybe in k3 if you go the soldier route you can end up commanding a squad of NPC soldiers to assit you (on specific missions) or if you're a bounty hunter you can go on a quest tree to hunt jedi masters or prey.

Stuff like that is cool, and I'd love it. The only "problem" with it is that it becomes a design mess. In order for it to be good, the options need to be fully fleshed out, which means you'd be programming the equivalent of many games in one. If the bulk of the truly unique stuff was in sidequests, then it'd be more plausible, as long as the main storyline still in someway acknowledges the choices that you have made in the game.

:thumbsup:

Stuff like that is cool, and I'd love it. The only "problem" with it is that it becomes a design mess. In order for it to be good, the options need to be fully fleshed out, which means you'd be programming the equivalent of many games in one. If the bulk of the truly unique stuff was in sidequests, then it'd be more plausible, as long as the main storyline still in someway acknowledges the choices that you have made in the game.

:thumbsup:

Well I am pretty sure the main story line will be the same for all starting classes, though you get different side quests.

Like to get to the main ending, you as an officer of the Republic must inflitrate the Sith base (with the bad guy) with a squad of commandos and capture the sith lord.

Or if you're a bounty hunter your last mission will be to capture that sith lord

Or if you're a jedi your mission is to destroy the sith lord..

I just don't want K3 to be a complete jedi game :- give us some roleplaying options

The whole idea is replayability.

Believe it or not Kotor 2 didn't have nearly as much replayability as the original. Well unless you consider the fact that the devs forced you to play the game over 9 times to hear all of the main story because of the dumb influence system.

Influence = good!

I also don't think that there was anything in the main story that required you to have a huge amount of influence.

I hate the fact that you can be a dink to people yet they're still willing to talk to you!

No, you are correct, Sabahattin. There has been no credible evidence that K3 is or ever will be in development.

That said, I like this idea as well, though as alanschu said the implementation would be very difficult.

Also, I agree with Volourn's first comment. I am surprised and slightly pleased that you have made an intelligent and worthwhile thread, MTJ, instead of ridiculing and badgering others for their rejection of your previous bad ideas.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Stuff like that is cool, and I'd love it.  The only "problem" with it is that it becomes a design mess.  In order for it to be good, the options need to be fully fleshed out, which means you'd be programming the equivalent of many games in one.  If the bulk of the truly unique stuff was in sidequests, then it'd be more plausible, as long as the main storyline still in someway acknowledges the choices that you have made in the game.

:p

It isn't as complex as it might be.

For example, have a problem that must be solved using an element from each of the defining attributes of the classes. The PC will have one attribute due to their class. The others need to be obtained through some side-quests.

Too easy, Campese.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

It's not that it's "hard" to implement...it just has a more exponential effect on time.

It becomes "hard" because you get a larger amount of scripting and whatnot.

I would say its more a geometric growth than an exponential one. Four classes equals four elements per puzzle, multiplied by the number of puzzles, equals three unknowns and one given element per puzzle. Geometric: four (or whatever the puzzle key length is) multiplied by the number of puzzles. the only way to make the game simpler (read: less effort) is to have simpler puzzles, which you can do with or without the added benefit of multiple classes, e.g. a single element puzzle like a fed-ex to gain a key for a door.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

personally id be fine with just soldier/scout/scoundrel and guardian/sentinal/consular

then again.... i suppose there would need to be nonjedi prestige classes, otherwise it could be a bit unbalanced

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!