Pics of the studio?

hav0k

They're very shy and retiring, though. I don't think they've even posted here for a month or so.

They lurk, though...

(Edited to remove a rather bizarre quote from a different forum that I don't even remember reading. Thanks Metadigital!)

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Nah..I think he just forgot the quote on...

It happend to me too :">

That was probably because you were posting in all the fora at once, Mr Baley; even a spamming machine, like yourself, can't be expected to be error-free with a duty cycle like that. :devil:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

That was probably because you were posting in all the fora at once, Mr Baley; even a spamming machine, like yourself, can't be expected to be error-free with a duty cycle like that.  :devil:

Baley would make my Junkmail folder proud. :D

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I think we have a few cool landmarks in the office, such as the millenium falcon hanging from the ceiling, fort empty boxes, tower of Avellone's old computer games, the quote board, monitors with faces, and the facial unwraps (or what's left of them).

You can only imagine what our office looks like... :devil:

Follow me on twitter - @adam_brennecke

You can only imagine what our office looks like... :p

Well, apparently so, as pictures aren't forthcoming. Still, if getting the office sufficiently presentable would delay NWN2's release by a month, then don't worry about it. :p

Yes, be careful what you wish for ... pointing a bright, camera-friendly light into the dank festoonery of wires, discarded computer supplies, miscellanous outer garments from seasons past, long-dead pizza boxes and their new, transgenic life forms ... I think if we just think it looks like Alex's room in Deus Ex:IW, or Eli's Lab in λ

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I think we have a few cool landmarks in the office, such as the millenium falcon hanging from the ceiling, fort empty boxes, tower of Avellone's old computer games, the quote board, monitors with faces, and the facial unwraps (or what's left of them).

You can only imagine what our office looks like... :thumbsup:

The funny thing is I don

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

the quote board

What the deuce is a quote board?

Wait a moment! It is! It has to be! You know when holding sift key and clicking credits in fallouts you get to see quotes by developement staff. This must mean that they are preparing to make fallout 3! The whole bethesda making fallout 3 was just a clever ruse!

IT`S OFFICIAL! OBSIDIAN IS MAKING FALLOUT 3!! (w00t)

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

the quote board

What the deuce is a quote board?

Wait a moment! It is! It has to be! You know when holding sift key and clicking credits in fallouts you get to see quotes by developement staff. This must mean that they are preparing to make fallout 3! The whole bethesda making fallout 3 was just a clever ruse!

IT`S OFFICIAL! OBSIDIAN IS MAKING FALLOUT 3!! (w00t)

Hmm... This brings a question to mind. If Obsidian is developing a new engine for NWN2... Does this mean that they own the NWN2 engine? Or does Atari own it? Or does Bioware have some claim to it in some way? Can Obsidian develop any game they want using the NWN2 engine? I have been hoping that someone would make a Star Wars game with a toolset and GM client, but it might be kind of cool to see a Fallout game like that as well. Although I have to say that I think a Star Wars game would be more successful.

I think Feargus said in some interview that obsidian will own parts of the engine... Probably the parts they are currently rewriting/making for the engine. It makes sense.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I think Feargus said in some interview that obsidian will own parts of the engine... Probably the parts they are currently rewriting/making for the engine. It makes sense.

Hmm... That doesn't sound good. I suppose Bioware owns the unchanged parts of the engine. I'd like to see a company take the whole toolset/GM client idea and run with it. We need more PC games like that.

I'd also like to see someone come up with a multiplayer game that has server software that can connect with PC or console clients. I would think that it's do able.

Hmm... That doesn't sound good. I suppose Bioware owns the unchanged parts of the engine. I'd like to see a company take the whole toolset/GM client idea and run with it. We need more PC games like that.

On the other hand, haven't most of the finest combinations of good game design with good engine design been a consequence of collaboration rather than internal development by a single party? Carmack has created some great FPS engines, but it's always been the third parties who made the most of them. Valve did great things with Half-Life, but they didn't have the resources to invent their own engine while simultaneously developing the game, and neither did id seem to have the creative resources to develop an immersive story-driven 3D shooter. It's situations like that where the magic happens. The success of the Infinity Engine of course was a consequence of a collaboration between Interplay/Black Isle and Bioware, and not of a single developer taking their work and running with it. I guess I take the opposite view. Creative collaboration between parties in which I have good confidence is in most circumstances my ideal.

On the other hand, haven't most of the finest combinations of good game design with good engine design been a consequence of collaboration rather than internal development by a single party? Carmack has created some great FPS engines, but it's always been the third parties who made the most of them. Valve did great things with Half-Life, but they didn't have the resources to invent their own engine while simultaneously developing the game, and neither did id seem to have the creative resources to develop an immersive story-driven 3D shooter. It's situations like that where the magic happens. The success of the Infinity Engine of course was a consequence of a collaboration between Interplay/Black Isle and Bioware, and not of a single developer taking their work and running with it. I guess I take the opposite view. Creative collaboration between parties in which I have good confidence is in most circumstances my ideal.

I think you took me too literally. I don't care if it's a single company or multiple companies. I'd just like to see it happen. I said that it's too bad that Bioware has partial ownership because Bioware seems uninterested in this type of game now days. They seem to want to do their own thing now. Just the impression I've gotten. I don't think they want to jump through hoops trying to make Lucas Arts or WotC happy anymore.

the only negative I can see with complex multiple interlaced IP ownership is the logitical nightmare involved in agreeing revneues when producing a new game.

Other than that, sa long as the dev team have a long leash, I'm all for it.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Some of the Ultima games had a quotes list that appeared as an option if you watched the credits fully. I loved the quotes from the Ultima games.

Obsidian really should implement development quotes in their titles.