Which is better? PC or Xbox Kotor?

Is KOTO2 onPC better than it is on XBOX?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Is KOTO2 onPC better than it is on XBOX?

• Yes.
    • No.

I don't care whether or not I've got a PC or a Console, I consider them to be both equally good. And sportsgames on PC are just a matter of opinion, just like yours is.

It's just a question of being used to the controls on a pc, and the controller on a console

"I don't care whether or not I've got a PC or a Console, I consider them to be both equally good. And sportsgames on PC are just a matter of opinion, just like yours is."

No. Sports games on PC suck. Plain, and simple.

"It's just a question of being used to the controls on a pc, and the controller on a console"

Being used to controls is not the problem. The games being crappy on PC is.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"I don't care whether or not I've got a PC or a Console, I consider them to be both equally good. And sportsgames on PC are just a matter of opinion, just like yours is."

No. Sports games  on PC suck. Plain, and simple.

Well, Volourn, FPS in the consoles also sucks :thumbsup:

PRIUS FLAMMIS COMBUSTA QUAM ARMIS NUMANCIA VICTA

Then do elaborate...why are sportsgames crappy on a computer?

as I said

Matter of opinion.

You dislike, I like(well, not that much, I'm not much of a sportsgame fan, just NBA games, that's all)

We could keep this discussion up all night, we'd just end up with the same conclusion. That is that you think they're crappy and I don't :D

Quite pointless :D

"Well, Volourn, FPS in the consoles also sucks"

That's ok. I hate FPS anyways so that's another bonus point for consoles. :D

"We could keep this discussion up all night, we'd just end up with the same conclusion. That is that you think they're crappy and I don't"

:D

"We could keep this discussion up all night, we'd just end up with the same conclusion. That is that you think they're crappy and I don't"

:D

I'll only answer that question with my lawyer present, and she isn't here :thumbsup:

PRIUS FLAMMIS COMBUSTA QUAM ARMIS NUMANCIA VICTA

Sports games on console = awesome; sports games on PC = crapoola. This is an undisputable fact. Hate to break it you ya; but PC games aran't all that. If they were, they'd be winning the 'wars'; but they aren't. But, hey, blind yourself by pushing your head in the sand. It doens't change the facts.

Glad to see you haven't changed.

In any case, talk to the people that play Tiger Woods golf or NASCAR racing how much better these sports games are on their console. As much as I like having "powerup shots" and the ability to dynamically change the spin of the ball in the air to go on how I feel it would help me most. Not to mention the fact that if I am even just close to the hole in the console version of Tiger Woods, I have an increased tendency to sink it if I enter the "heart beat mode" of an excellent shot. I've seen my shot completely shift it's trajectory a bit so that it goes in the hole.

And the mess that is NASCAR....ugh. I don't know how anyone would rather have such a goofy arcade experience. Grudge matches and fights in the pits because of aggressive racing...WTF? The game is an insult to anyone who likes NASCAR (and even to me...since I don't care for NASCAR).

The last version of FIFA, NHL and NBA Live were also direct ports, with no difference in functionality...at least in my experience. If you can give me examples, then knock your socks off.

Afterall, at least the console doens't get stiuck with crappy games like Dungeon Seige or Pools of Radiance 2. R00fles!

They get stuck with their own sets of crap games like Crime Patrol 2: Drug Wars, or Endgame. All systems have crap games! It also doesn't change the fact that the consoles have missed out on great games like Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, The Total War series, IL-2 Sturmovik, Battlefield 1942, Half-Life 2 (still not out for console), the XCOM games (if you want to go back in time), Neverwinter Nights, the many great modules for Neverwinter Nights. It also looks like they're going to get the shaft for stuff like Dragon Age, Age of Empires III. There's many great games that are on console and not on PC, but there's many great games on PC that never make it to console.

but PC games aran't all that. If they were, they'd be winning the 'wars'; but they aren't. But, hey, blind yourself by pushing your head in the sand. It doens't change the facts

Before accusing people of being blind, check your own prescription. Consoles are (arguably) winning the "wars" because of the advantages that they have over PC, which in no way include the games. The biggest thing about consoles is that they are cheaper. It's much more appealing to buy a $300 gaming rig compared to something over $1000. Consoles are also attractive for their consistent architecture. It's much less nerve wracking to develop a game knowing full well what everyone that plays the game is going to have for hardware. APIs help the PCs somewhat, but even still manufacturers do different things with the APIs that eliminate identical usage.

It's easy to get more out of the hardware because there's no concerns for overhead from a beefy OS, and compatibility concerns are out the window. The low cost of the console also improves the demographics. Even a crappy game has a better chance of being successful since there's simply more people that buy them.

You can also look at the sociological aspects too if you want. Game consoles have long been a part of the mainstream, especially considering many people aged 25 or under have used them, and likely owned them at some point. This even excludes any Atari owners! Since it's more a part of the mainstream, it has become more socially acceptable to spend larger amounts of time playing a console, than it has to play a computer.

And this is coming from someone that hasn't owned a console since the Playstation. I'm all PC.

"Games will always be better on PC than on Xbox/PS2/GC."

False. Only someone who doesn't know what they are talking about would claim that.

Depends on the type of game. Some genres just really don't translate well onto a console. RTS games for example.

IMO the best games to play on a console are sports and fighting games.

Marble Madness never really worked as a console game. (Though, it was pretty crap as a PC convert, too.)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I'd rather the Xbox version. The controls are all to hand and you never had to fuss around with downloading new drivers and the like.

Played the PC version at a friends and it took 30 minutes of "tweaking" to get it to run. As opposed to my 30 seconds for the Xbox. The bottom line is the PC version dosnt have enough advantages over the Xbox version to make it more desirable. Even if people cobble together all sorts of new content by the time that appears I will have already moved on. Takes a very special game these days to stay in my spotlight more than a week or two.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

"Glad to see you haven't changed."

Why would I? I'm perfect.

"The last version of FIFA, NHL and NBA Live were also direct ports, with no difference in functionality...at least in my experience. If you can give me examples, then knock your socks off."

Controls are awful, horrible bugs, and simply not as smooth gameplay as the console version. PC version is way too choppy. And, no, it's not my computer or me 'not being used to the controls' either. My PC can play the most recent of games easy, and I'm as used to the keyboard as one possibly can be.

'They get stuck with their own sets of crap games like Crime Patrol 2: Drug Wars, or Endgame. All systems have crap games! It also doesn't change the fact that the consoles have missed out on great games like Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, The Total War series, IL-2 Sturmovik, Battlefield 1942, Half-Life 2 (still not out for console), the XCOM games (if you want to go back in time), Neverwinter Nights, the many great modules for Neverwinter Nights. It also looks like they're going to get the shaft for stuff like Dragon Age, Age of Empires III. There's many great games that are on console and not on PC, but there's many great games on PC that never make it to console."

And, the PC doesn't get games like Jade Empire or many of the Final Fantasy games. The PC also has to wait months to get ports like KOTOR, or Fable and by the time they get out the games are already 'passe' for the most aprt and we PC gamers are spoiled rotten.

"Before accusing people of being blind, check your own prescription. Consoles are (arguably) winning the "wars" because of the advantages that they have over PC, which in no way include the games. The biggest thing about consoles is that they are cheaper. It's much more appealing to buy a $300 gaming rig compared to something over $1000. Consoles are also attractive for their consistent architecture. It's much less nerve wracking to develop a game knowing full well what everyone that plays the game is going to have for hardware. APIs help the PCs somewhat, but even still manufacturers do different things with the APIs that eliminate identical usage.

It's easy to get more out of the hardware because there's no concerns for overhead from a beefy OS, and compatibility concerns are out the window. The low cost of the console also improves the demographics. Even a crappy game has a better chance of being successful since there's simply more people that buy them."

This proves nothin; but my point that consoles are winning. You seem to forget that the consoles are winning decide by the fact they have to comete against each other for 'games exlusives' since not everyone can afford all three.

"You can also look at the sociological aspects too if you want. Game consoles have long been a part of the mainstream, especially considering many people aged 25 or under have used them, and likely owned them at some point. This even excludes any Atari owners! Since it's more a part of the mainstream, it has become more socially acceptable to spend larger amounts of time playing a console, than it has to play a computer."

Here we go, again. Consoles are for kiddies. *Yawn* The age difference between the two types of gaming isn't that great. I know one thing - PC gamers are just as immature; if not more so than console gamers - at least the ones on the net.

"I'm curious Volourn...which sports games have you played on the PC?"

Most of the EA sports games...

"The last version of FIFA, NHL and NBA Live were also direct ports, with no difference in functionality...at least in my experience.  If you can give me examples, then knock your socks off."

Controls are awful, horrible bugs, and simply not as smooth gameplay as the console version. PC version is way too choppy. And, no, it's not my computer or me 'not being used to the controls' either. My PC can play the most recent of games easy, and I'm as used to the keyboard as one possibly can be.

Well, the controls are a matter of opinion. "Horrible bugs" Which games are you playing cause in my PC games I've rarely (if ever) noticed any bugs.

'They get stuck with their own sets of crap games like Crime Patrol 2: Drug Wars, or Endgame.  All systems have crap games!  It also doesn't change the fact that the consoles have missed out on great games like Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, The Total War series, IL-2 Sturmovik, Battlefield 1942, Half-Life 2 (still not out for console), the XCOM games (if you want to go back in time), Neverwinter Nights, the many great modules for Neverwinter Nights.  It also looks like they're going to get the shaft for stuff like Dragon Age, Age of Empires III.  There's many great games that are on console and not on PC, but there's many great games on PC that never make it to console."

And, the PC doesn't get games like Jade Empire or many of the Final Fantasy games. The PC also has to wait months to get ports like KOTOR, or Fable and by the time they get out the games are already 'passe' for the most aprt and we PC gamers are spoiled rotten.

Well, if they want those games so bad than they'll get the Xbox/PS2 and buy those games.

"Before accusing people of being blind, check your own prescription.  Consoles are (arguably) winning the "wars" because of the advantages that they have over PC, which in no way include the games.  The biggest thing about consoles is that they are cheaper.  It's much more appealing to buy a $300 gaming rig compared to something over $1000.  Consoles are also attractive for their consistent architecture.  It's much less nerve wracking to develop a game knowing full well what everyone that plays the game is going to have for hardware.  APIs help the PCs somewhat, but even still manufacturers do different things with the APIs that eliminate identical usage.

It's easy to get more out of the hardware because there's no concerns for overhead from a beefy OS, and compatibility concerns are out the window.  The low cost of the console also improves the demographics.  Even a crappy game has a better chance of being successful since there's simply more people that buy them."

This proves nothin; but my point that consoles are winning. You seem to forget that the consoles are winning decide by the fact they have to comete against each other for 'games exlusives' since not everyone can afford all three.

Or not everyone wants all three.

"You can also look at the sociological aspects too if you want.  Game consoles have long been a part of the mainstream, especially considering many people aged 25 or under have used them, and likely owned them at some point.  This even excludes any Atari owners!  Since it's more a part of the mainstream, it has become more socially acceptable to spend larger amounts of time playing a console, than it has to play a computer."

Here we go, again. Consoles are for kiddies. *Yawn* The age difference between the two types of gaming isn't that great. I know one thing - PC gamers are just as immature; if not more so than console gamers - at least the ones on the net.

I'd say by that comment you haven't played Halo2 on Live that much. (the immature part, not the kiddie part) There's tons of morons running around on Live actting like idiots. I'm not saying PC games don't have their share of morons but I've noticed more on Live than on any PC game I've played.

I personally hate most EA sports games.

"I'd say by that comment you haven't played Halo2 on Live that much. (the immature part, not the kiddie part) There's tons of morons running around on Live actting like idiots."

Actually, I don't play Halo 2, at all. :shifty:

I am hesitant to post to this thread, because it seems that, once, again, people are slinging their opinions around as fact -- and while I find that amusing it is still annoying. SW:KOTORII I have on both Xbox and PC, so I feel that (unlike some more prolific posters) I can actually voice an informed opinion on this one.

Overall, there is very little difference, obviously, or it would be two bloody different games, wouldn't it?

Console games will always have it over and above pc games in terms of simplicity of controls. The menus are easier to navigate on pc, but the actual game play is much more streamlined and requires less loss-of-immersion on Xbox. It depends on your monitor, but I liked the size of the picture on my television, but the resolution on my LCD was better far and away.

Then there is always the issue of patches: pc good, Xbox not-so-good. There are plenty of threads on whether or not this game can be patched on Xbox, and the best thread is still waiting on an answer from someone who can actually look at the Xbox code and say, with certainty, whether or not there is the industry standard open interface present in the programming. Feel free to further debate on that issue there, if you must.

I like being able to use my ergo keyboard, LCD, and trackball on pc -- about as much as I like being able to sit on my sofa and hear the game through 5.1 surround.

I would say that the biggest difference is in how one likes to play video games rather than any real difference in the game itself. Anyone else here with actual experience with the game in both formats? I know I would like to compare and contrast opinions with you.

And no, I am not addressing off-topic items such as sports games et al... You guys can have at it on that one! :) Yes, I know I sound officious, but the presentation of opinion as fact is not only facetious, it is downright dishonest (and it ticks me off).

Cloris

... SW:KOTORII I have on both Xbox and PC, so I feel that (unlike some more prolific posters) I can actually voice an informed opinion on this one. ...

Now stop clouding the issue with facts, Cloris!

Really, this thread, and all like it, are just peurile in the extreme. Different systems for different uses: there are situations where one system will have an advantage over the other, but this doesn't mean one is necessarily better than the other, because they both have advantages.

Just be happy that games have a multitude of platforms to be published too. Sheesh.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Is Cloris whining again? Too bad he shounds more arrogant than me. The fact that you own both versions just proves that you like wasting your money, and nothing else.

R00fles!

Is Cloris whining again? Too bad he shounds more arrogant than me. The fact that you own both versions just proves that you like wasting your money, and nothing else.

R00fles!

Cloris always wins because she cheats and only comments with facts. :p

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

R00fles!

Actually, the fact that you own a copy proves that you like wasting your money too. You don't need games so you waste your money whenever you buy one. Don't be a hypocrite.

"The last version of FIFA, NHL and NBA Live were also direct ports, with no difference in functionality...at least in my experience.  If you can give me examples, then knock your socks off."

The sports controls configure very nicely to my Saitek controller, and smooth gameplay? Hmmm....sounds like rubbish. Runs fine on my system, and is vertainly not choppy. My computer plays sports games better than most of the recent games. Although playing them with a keyboard is not as good as a controller.

'They get stuck with their own sets of crap games like Crime Patrol 2: Drug Wars, or Endgame.  All systems have crap games!  It also doesn't change the fact that the consoles have missed out on great games like Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, The Total War series, IL-2 Sturmovik, Battlefield 1942, Half-Life 2 (still not out for console), the XCOM games (if you want to go back in time), Neverwinter Nights, the many great modules for Neverwinter Nights.  It also looks like they're going to get the shaft for stuff like Dragon Age, Age of Empires III.  There's many great games that are on console and not on PC, but there's many great games on PC that never make it to console."

All that shows is some good games are PC only, and some are console only. As for the FF games...I'd rather play Dungeon Siege than Final Fantasy. And it's neat that the PC version of Fable is going to have roughly 50% more game (they are opening up an area that was never finished for the XBOX version), and it's equivalent to about half the game now (so there'll be 3 parts essentially). And what about the people owning a PS2? They aren't playing Jade Empire anytime soon.

"Before accusing people of being blind, check your own prescription.  Consoles are (arguably) winning the "wars" because of the advantages that they have over PC, which in no way include the games.  The biggest thing about consoles is that they are cheaper.  It's much more appealing to buy a $300 gaming rig compared to something over $1000.  Consoles are also attractive for their consistent architecture.  It's much less nerve wracking to develop a game knowing full well what everyone that plays the game is going to have for hardware.  APIs help the PCs somewhat, but even still manufacturers do different things with the APIs that eliminate identical usage.

It's easy to get more out of the hardware because there's no concerns for overhead from a beefy OS, and compatibility concerns are out the window.  The low cost of the console also improves the demographics.  Even a crappy game has a better chance of being successful since there's simply more people that buy them."

I never said that the consoles aren't winning. You said that consoles were winning because of the games (or rather, PCs were losing because they don't have as good of games), which is not the case. Consoles are winning because they have two VERY attractive advantages with their price and ease of use.

And if they can't afford all three, they certainly cannot afford a PC. Which is why the consoles are winning...not because of "better" games. There will always be great games that are PC only, and great games that are console only. (and crap games for both)

"You can also look at the sociological aspects too if you want.  Game consoles have long been a part of the mainstream, especially considering many people aged 25 or under have used them, and likely owned them at some point.  This even excludes any Atari owners!  Since it's more a part of the mainstream, it has become more socially acceptable to spend larger amounts of time playing a console, than it has to play a computer."

I never said consoles are for kiddies. I said that because of the widespread distribution of consoles in the 80s (which is why I mentioned people aged under 25), video game consoles are much more mainstream. People can play a console for hours and not face the social stigma that a PC gamer would have. This also has to do with the ease of their distribution. I was just talking about social acceptance...never about maturity.

So have I, and not since the NBA Lives in the late 90s have I seen the consoles have better games than the PC. I prefer my sports games to be more realistic, not arcadey shoot fests where hole in ones are a dime a dozen, or having fights after the race in NASCAR.

Now stop clouding the issue with facts, Cloris!

Really, this thread, and all like it, are just peurile in the extreme. Different systems for different uses: there are situations where one system will have an advantage over the other, but this doesn't mean one is necessarily better than the other, because they both have advantages.

Just be happy that games have a multitude of platforms to be published too. Sheesh.

:) Obviously I am happy with that or I wouldn't have it on both, no? Although, I admit that I would have it on pc only if I had been more familar with the difficulties and bugs. Wait, I may not have bought it at all if that were the case -- which would have robbed me of much enjoyment and many happy gaming hours.

I was hoping for more than the peurile, though -- I tend to stay away from theads that have no hope of being anything but tripe. This was a good chance that some actual conversation could be exchanged regarding the specific pros & cons on this game for different platforms, if it weren't for the presense of so much posturing and egotism.

Cloris always wins because she cheats and only comments with facts.  :p

Thanks -- and thanks for using my correct gender as well! I post opinions, but I clearly label them as such and expect them to hold no more or less weight than the opinions of others -- but "XYZ SUX" is a lot different than "I thought XYZ sucked" in my own little semantic world. The first pretends to be fact in order to accrue some false sense of self-esteem, whereas the second is well-labeled opinion.

I know, Metadigital, this is about the time I get should quit trying to cloud up people's fun with logic and the bare amount of curtosey we owe to ourselves and strangers, but it suits me, no matter how worthless it seems. :lol:

Although my spelling and syntax have suffered greatly due to memory loss in the last six months, I still do my best to communicate as clearly and efficently as possible. Folks that don't see any value in that are more than welcome to keep on scrolling. The whining "what I like is obviously the best and anyone that disagrees is STOOPID" attitude is why the general public has such a low opinion of gamers in general -- these types encourage it!

Cloris

"Actually, the fact that you own a copy proves that you like wasting your money too."

Buying a game is not a waste of money. Buying two copies of the same game is. If you cna't tell the difference between the two; I would feel pity for you if I had any feelings.

"As for the FF games...I'd rather play Dungeon Siege than Final Fantasy."

That settles your lack of taste, and your lack of knowledge. No one plays Dungeon Seige as it plays itself.

"And it's neat that the PC version of Fable is going to have roughly 50% more game (they are opening up an area that was never finished for the XBOX version), and it's equivalent to about half the game now (so there'll be 3 parts essentially)."

Nearly a year after Fable's intitial release. Anyone who buys Fable 1.5 is as gullible as they come, and deserve to lose thier money. Besides, knowing the things that didn't come true for Fable Originale; I wouldn't hold my breath for everything being said about Fable 1.5. It's probably only 25% more content which means you might get 20 total hours out of it instead of the 10-15 that Fable apparantly had. R00fles!

"I post opinions, but I clearly label them as such and expect them to hold no more or less weight than the opinions of others -- but "XYZ SUX" is a lot different than "I thought XYZ sucked" in my onw little semantic world. The first pretends to be fact in order to accrue some false sense of self-esteem, whereas the second is well-labeled opinion."

You said it. Your own little world. Most everything dealing with posting is opinion. The only thing is factual is stuff like actual content. Example. NWN allows you to play dwarves. Anything like the following: NWN allowing you to play dwarves is a good thing is an opinion. Your post, and mine are 99% opinion as it's what we think not what we know. Should I write at the beginning of evry post 'This is my opinion' to clarify for the less wise? I think not. if you cna't differntiate between opinion and fact; that's not my problem.

"The whining "what I like is obviously the best and anyone that disagrees is STOOPID" attitude is why the general public has such a low opinion of gamers in general -- these types encourage it!"

A. Hypocrite. That's exactly what you are doing.

B. The general public consist of gamers. Your logic here makes absolute no sense. You telling me that the general public has a low opinion of itself? Ok then. Though that could be true.

C. Keep sharing your opinion as that's what you've been doing. Not hsaring facts for the most part.