K3: New ship or Ebon Hawk?

Should KotORIII use a new ship or stay with the Ebon Hawk?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Should KotORIII use a new ship or stay with the Ebon Hawk?

• New Ship
    • Ebon Hawk
    • Don't Care

Hey, just read the topic about new game engine and stumbled over a discussion of whether the Ebon Hawk or a new ship should be used in K3.

What do you guys think?

Personally I think a new ship is in order, a third person using the Ebon Hawk would be a little more than coincidental...

Plus it will be cool to fly around in something new.

Ebon Hawk - no doubt about it. It's been a running theme of the KotOR series...for our beloved PC's can have no less than the fastest ship in the galaxy to escape the insurmountable havok they inevitably wreck, wherever they go. :D

Also, there's the whole mythos behind the Hawk with it's infamous curse... :ph34r:

manthing2.jpg

Ebon Hawk - no doubt about it. It's been a running theme of the KotOR series...for our beloved PC's can have no less than the fastest ship in the galaxy to escape the insurmountable havok they inevitably wreck, wherever the go. :D

Also, there's the whole mythos behind the Hawk with it's infamous curse... :ph34r:

right, let's face it, the Ebon Hawk is a character just like Revan, Exile, whoever.

I would say keep the Ebon Hawk but add true quad-laser turrets (as on the M Falcon) and a Meditation Chamber for the PC.

In the Meditation Chamber, you can focus your lightsaber crystals, summon your Padawan for training, call out to your Force Ghost mentor for direction, etc.

I would say keep the Ebon Hawk but add true quad-laser turrets (as on the M Falcon) and a Meditation Chamber for the PC.

In the Meditation Chamber, you can focus your lightsaber crystals, summon your Padawan for training, call out to your Force Ghost mentor for direction, etc.

I'm sure the crew wouldn't mind a bathroom either. :lol:

Seriously though, that's a great idea. I always wanted a meditation chamber, not to mention actual padawans. I hated you couldn't train your followers after turning them into Jedi.

sig2.gif

having a small shuttle (granted, little more than a pod) that could land a party in a different starport on the same planet would also be a nice touch...I love those multithreaded quests!

also swoop bikes that you can take over land (whether it is real-time or cutscreen-based) would be nice.

the bottom line is that the Ebon Hawk is fine, especially if they beef it up in some key areas.

Yeah, I see your points, I love the Ebon Hawk to, I just wanted to see something new. Maybe the answer is then, to make K3 so that during the game some of the mainplot quests result in a change of the Ebon Hawk, i.e. you build a Meditation Chamber in it.

I'd love to see the Ebon Hawk ending of in the same sort 'o' style as the M Falcon:

A huge piece of really cool junk, with endless modifications and updates.

(I'm not saying it should look anything like it, it should of course look almost the same as it did before, I'm just speaking about the concept of a really fast, really cool junkpile with tons of modifications :))

Just as long as it doesn't crash as much :-

having a small shuttle (granted, little more than a pod) that could land a party in a different starport on the same planet would also be a nice touch...I love those multithreaded quests!

also swoop bikes that you can take over land (whether it is real-time or cutscreen-based) would be nice.

We had a swoop bike in K1. Must have been jetisoned in a battle. As for shuttles, I don't think that's workable. It would be just as useful to have one group dropped off and another doing something else on the same planet, with a rendezvous at some predetermined future place / time ... with the inevitable rescue scenario when one group doesn't show up.

I'm sure the crew wouldn't mind a bathroom either.  :)

Yeah, and a shower cubicle! I really wonder about that Atton and his phobia of soap and water ...:-

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

We had a swoop bike in K1. Must have been jetisoned in a battle.

actually, I think we still do fluffwise. if you decide to swoop race on Telos, for instance, I believe it is your bike that supposedly gets used.

however, we have never, to the best of my recollection, had to take swoop bikes out on missions. this would add alot of ambience, IMO, even if it was just cutscreen-based.

We had a swoop bike in K1. Must have been jetisoned in a battle.

actually, I think we still do fluffwise. if you decide to swoop race on Telos, for instance, I believe it is your bike that supposedly gets used.

however, we have never, to the best of my recollection, had to take swoop bikes out on missions. this would add alot of ambience, IMO, even if it was just cutscreen-based.

I agree, the fact that we have to walk / Jedi Speed run everywhere is kinda unrealistic. Sure in a the Telos satellite system we should be zipping around the metro system, but on the planets' surfaces we should be able to roam much further. It is even feasible that it could be a mini-game in itself, sort of like the turret mini-game in K1, and there could be multiple locations to swoop to.

Even stealing a bike or something -- don't tell me only Maul had a little scooter.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I was thinking that we start in the True Sith Empire and we have to steal a ship to finish the mission.

The Opening scene is a dream of you being beaten up badly and you will hear in the background, Traitor, Murderer, Traitor, Murderer.

You will see in a first person POV another person with you getting the same treatment and her helmet gets knock off and she gets dragged into another cell.

It blacks out.

You hit your head on the top bunk and cuss out the top bunk.

Btw you are in a prison and there will be two very similar dreams like the Opening scene that involves the True Sith and your character.

You will start out as a badly injuried Revan and you must steal a ship and some armor.

Basicly As Revan you must fake your death and escape the Prison inorder to complete your mission the True Sith Empire.

Sabotage, Assasintions, and others things to Disabled the True Sith Empire before you return to the Republic and Warn both the Sith(Dark Jedi) and the Republic.

First major part of the game will be sabotage and exploring the True Sith Empire.

Second Major Part of the game will be avoiding True Sith Assasins and Warn the Sith(dark Jedi) and the Republic.

Third Major Part of the game will be gaining allies for the Three Major Battles of the Kotor 3.

The Three Battles of the Kotor 3 will have many of the major characters of the First two games dying off in brutal fashion but Heroic Ways.

BTW GOTO will die in this game IF I HAVE my way.

Honestly, I think that they should use the Ebon Hawk for the last game. Why? Because they used the Ebon Hawk in the first twi games. So, it would be stupid to use a different ship in the last game. Why use a new ship now or ever, for that matter? They used the Millenium Falcon in all three of the first movies. So, why not use the Ebon Hawk in all three of the KotOR games? It only makes sense. Why get attached to anyother ship. It might be so awesome that we'll be pissed that KotOR is all done. Those of you that want to see a new ship in KotOR 3 obviously are did not become attached to the Ebon Hawk. So, who am I to say that you'll become attached to a new ship. So, I have an idea. How about in KotOR 3, there are parts of the game that you get to fly another ship because the Ebon Hawk is getting repairs or you have to go some place where the Ebon Hawk would be immediately recognized, or your party has to split in two, or you need a ship with special capabilites. Something like that...

Well, i say bring back the Ebon Hawk, but a new ship would be better, but a bigger ship would be more cooler, you know like a Republic Warship or a Sith Warship, depending on your alliegence. :-

The Sith Warship would have better weaponry, but weaker shields, while the Republic Warship would have better shields, but weaker weaponry.

Your PC starts in a different location, depending what allegence you picked, but you can still sway to the other side as you play the game. :)

You would be able to travel from planet to planet, upgrading your warship as you go through the game, there would be like 25+ planets each with their own side quests and each one with different major factions and you pick a side. (LS or DS)

People say it would take too long for this to be done and so what if it does, i know this won't be done because look how long the Kotor II patch is taking. lol

All i ask is that you NEVER have a Kreia type character in your group, if you do, make it possible to kill them.....PLEASE!!!

It makes more sense that the Millenium Falcon is in the original 3 movies....the guy that owns it (Han Solo) is in all three. It'd be stupid for them to NOT have the Millenium Falcon, since Solo loves it so much.

Having one ship bounce around many different owners is much more "dumb" in my opinion.

right, let's face it, the Ebon Hawk is a character just like Revan, Exile, whoever.

Also: The Meditation Chamber should double up as the "Love Shack". :D

manthing2.jpg

Sure use the Ebon Hawk. The way I looked at it was that TM-34 bought the ship to find the Exile.

In the next game who knows what the storyline is, you could find it drifting in space damaged, decide to salvage or repair it at the nearest planet. You could actually be sent to look for the crew from the previous game and find the ship or similar.

I think something that is needed is a Swoop bike of your very own, you seem to spend a lot of time in both games racing the things so why not get your own that you can mod up.

And yes to the Meditation chamber, it would be a great way to train the npc's and gain influence similar to how you talk/fight Handmaiden in the cargo bay.

The Ebon Hawk is excellent, as long as it gets an overhaul. That ship needs some upgrading.

One of the biggest drags about the Ebon Hawk (other than the constant beatings it gets) is it's one semi-automatic dual-turret with such a slow rate of fire. Sure the lasers are powerful, but the pansy Ebon Hawk's turrets look like a peashooter compared to the Millenium Falcon's two quad-turrets which are fully automatic and have a high rate of fire. My advice: Make the Ebon Hawk's dual-turret fully automatic with an increased rate of fire. It would make the Ebon Hawk look a bit better in the eyes of many players. It it makes space battles too easy, then raise the difficulty of the enemy ships. Maybe even have the Ebon Hawk tackly a capital ship? Just give the turrets an overhaul. It's surface defense cannon which was used to kill the Sith troopers while leaving the Paragus statijon was a nice touch, but maybe have that surface defense cannon be controlled by Ebon Hawk AI or another party member so that if you're fighting bad guys right outside the Ebon Hawk, the surface defense cannon can help you out?

And lastly for the Ebon Hawk, I suggest giving it an AI. Kinda like Cortana and Master Cheif in Halo. Just to give the Ebon Hawk a life of it's own. Give it a female voice and a personality of your choosing? The AI could have always been in the Ebon Hawk, but just hiding. Or it was never activated until you activate it by some controls. Or it could be brought in from the outside as a friendly computer virus type? Also this is to ensure that there are no lack of female precense in the ship. Just my 3 cents.