no image after academy on telos

after leaving from telos, i see the movie where the ebon hawk flies away, then atris says to the other handmaidens that the last of the handmaidens has left with me, after which a loading screen follows. when the game is done loading, all i see is the cursor. the game responds to keyboard shortcuts, so i can choose my party, equipment, access the options, but i just can't see.

what is causing this? my system:

amd athlon 3500+

asus a8n sli deluxe (i haven't updated my bios ever since installing it, does that matter?)

ati x800xt pci-e

2 x 512 mb ram pc3200 twinmos dual channel

i'm NOT using a copy of the game or anything. game version is v2.10

I have the exact same problem. When I press ESC on the black screen I can save the game. When I restart and try to load the saved game I can see the party standing in the main room of the Ebon Hawk (in the thumb nail in the load game dialog) - but the game hangs when actually loading the saved game half way.

I also have the ASUS SLI deluxe mobo with an XP4000+ but I use a GeForce 6800GT.

Any suggestions?

Before I entered the Ebon Hawk I did the fighting with the white sisters. I noticed that after the fight my two party members didn't follow back to the ship (they stayed in the arena). Maybe part of the problem?

ok...i've managed to work around the bug. i loaded the autosave from when i first entered the jedi training area and worked through the area without going to fight the sisters. they can probably be fought if you don't haveyour party back yet, but i didn't try it so its not for sure.

good luck getting through this. i assure you that the game is worth it.