1.0b doesn't like my CD any more...

1.0 (and 1.0a) have both run mostly well for me, but as of 1.0b it doesn't seem to like my game CD any more.

I've searched the net and found that the copy protection system was changed in the 1.0b version (to Securom 7?), which I assume is the reason for my problem.

Has anyone else here encountered the same problem? If so, did you find any way around the problem?

Where should I direct my complaints? LucasArts?

1.0 (and 1.0a) have both run mostly well for me, but as of 1.0b it doesn't seem to like my game CD any more.

I've searched the net and found that the copy protection system was changed in the 1.0b version (to Securom 7?), which I assume is the reason for my problem.

Has anyone else here encountered the same problem? If so, did you find any way around the problem?

Where should I direct my complaints? LucasArts?

I had this problem too. It would ask me to put the cd in another disk drive, and when I did that it just looped over and over stating the same thing.

I did a reformat and could play only ONCE. After that it wouldn't let me play agian.

I did try different Gfx card drivers and it would do the same thing.

This game was crap. And I know it wasn't the devolopers fault.

Oh and did anyone else get a Neilson survey on Kotor 2?

I received a mail linking to a survey. I obviously said them all the good (plot) and bad (game rushed) I think of the game.

For the CD protection, it is said that some CD emulation program such as Daemon Tools are not liked by Securom or other kind of copy protection. Some CD/DVD players could also be the cause of your problem. Anyway, complaining to LucasArts for fixing this is a good idea. If it don't work, well, there is still the nocd patch solution.

This game was crap. And I know it wasn't the devolopers fault.

Personally I didn't think the game was crap.

I played through the game (1.0a), with only a few small problems and had a good time with the game.

Sure, the ending was on the weak side, but I think that the way there is more important.

I was thinking of playing through the game again, but noticed that I can't... (Unless I reinstall and don't install the patch, obviously.)

What bothers me is that I was thinking of maybe waiting with playing through the game again until the improved music/movies patch is out, but I assume that it'll have the same problems... So I guess I can forget about that.

Well, well...