I pray for a DS patch

There are several reasons for the game being a whole lot better for LS play.

1. You ussually get 4 LS dialog options and one DS which ussually is "I'll kill you, then I'll kill your family and everyone of your friends though all you wanted is to know what time it is."

2. Donno how many of you noticed but the DS way of playing has many amateur-like made things in it and many inconsistencies (donno if there's a word like that but I hope you know what I mean :) ).

When playing LS you get outassed by Mira to her poison room -> ok so the exile's dumb but in DS -> oh come on! you get shot with a dart and you can't even dodge it!??! What kind of a jedi are you anyway?

Then comes another thing in DS play on Nar Shaddaa -> you get to level up Mira -> for what?? If all you do with her is go to Visquis in the damn space suit!

Next comes the scene where either Hanharr or Mira meets Visquis - ok at LS she meets him, tells him that the exile's been owned by Goto

but at DS? -> You see Hanharr getting pushed by Zezo (note that this happens at the entrance to the Jek-Jek-Tarr(sp?) tunnel and after that we get another demonstration of Kreia's power (oh yes! we never get tired of that one! :) )

the weird thing is -> how the hell did Hanharr get dumped to the middle of the pit again? Hmm...

"Yeah we don't have time to do the DS version and it's late 2004! What are we gonna do!? Oh I know! Let's just modify the LS so we don't have to do all that much!"

Those little things proving the above are seen also at Dantooine -> Mercenaries just glare at you :), all Dopak sez is "I got nothing more to say to you" but ok I ain't mad about this one.

The DS ending is just like the LS one -> your party doesn't change a bit, you go to Malachor, get the same lines as if you were a Jedi, you talk with Carth Onasi even if you're 100%DS!! You answer his damn questions though you really don't have time for that rubbish.

When you get owned yet again by someone (we never get tired of this too (w00t) ) this time Kreia -> she doesn't tell you as much as when you play LS. You acctually don't find out too much about your special ability.

So it is just me or the DS is so damn incomplete in this game??

It could be the fact that the Exile won't be a LS/DS variable in K3 so maybe that's why they didn't put much work into DS :/

PS I miss K1's neutral dialog options :p

I played both and I must say that LS -> ok it's been cut but DS -> "but to loose so much?"  :wub:

Yeah I have to agree about the DS being cut.

The game is really set so your character is meant to be a jedi (even though I hate the whole Kreia killing master thing).

Lets see

-Cool robes

-Every party member is influence with good acts (that can become a jedi)

-You get better mastery bonuses

-The Prestigse classes are way superior (e.g. Watchmen has more reflex than Assainan) (Weaponmaster gets deflect and weapon reduction). Also the Sith prestigse have broken skills like fury.

-So much diolouge

When playing K2 I ususally end up playing the LS, than the DS. Though in KOTOR I usually ended up playing the DS side more. hmmm

Another thing - the faces !!!! How did they come up with this scaled monstrocity ??? I'd take KOTOR1 "heroin junkie" dark side face any time. I actually made my character wearing mask for half of the game even though I had better headgear, just because I couldn't bear his looks. I fealt like clicking on medpack button continuosly until he gets cured of his skin cancer or whatever it is.

The first time I played this game I played DS and I can't make myself to play it again because of how dissapointed I felt about the ending, and how disgusted I felt with their looks.

-Cool robes

Cool robes is really a matter of opinion. There are just as many people out there who prefer the Dark Jedi robes to the Jedi ones. As for your claim that "every party member is influenced with good acts", Atton is just as easily influenced with Dark Side acts, so it's not entirely true.

And Xacharia, the Dark Side corrupts. It corrupts your soul, and your living flesh. I found the K2 Dark Side transitions to be a vast improvement on those in K1, they more closely resembled Sidious from the films. Were you expecting to look like a beauty queen/king? You can't tread so deep in the Dark Side and not have the exterior match the evil within.

The only character in the films that looks nearly as hidious is the emperor. Even Darth Vader without his mask looks much better than my character in KOTOR2. Count Duka actually looks normal, he isn't a particularly handsome man but he hasn't a SKIN SICKNESS.

The game gives you choice between dark and light side of the force, so both should be equally rewarding for the player depending on his or her personal preference. And if I play DS I feel SORRY for they guy!!! Like "oh come on man, don't die now, just drag on till the end of the game and than go to the hospital and get cured" <---- thats how I felt.

EDIT: And it might seem weird to you but I actually restarted the game when I saw the DS "Jesus" face, so I changed it. DS Jesus just looks completely obscene with his usual expression of "joyful surprise" :shifty:

Another thing - the faces !!!! How did they come up with this scaled monstrocity ??? I'd take KOTOR1 "heroin junkie" dark side face any time. I actually made my character wearing mask for half of the game even though I had better headgear, just because I couldn't bear his looks. I fealt like clicking on medpack button continuosly until he gets cured of his skin cancer or whatever it is.

The first time I played this game I played DS and I can't make myself to play it again because of how dissapointed I felt about the ending, and how disgusted I felt with their looks.

The ending I will agree is bad, but the looks added to the DS side of the game IMO, continually using the dark side corrupts your body as well as your soul.

And to me it is a little gentle light relief from real life were evil wears a normal face, and blends in much more insidiously than Palp ever could.

Some of the dark side faces were pretty bad. I choose that blad chinese with the goatee and I never EVEN develop one vein. I just got very very pale.

-Cool robes

Cool robes is really a matter of opinion. There are just as many people out there who prefer the Dark Jedi robes to the Jedi ones. As for your claim that "every party member is influenced with good acts", Atton is just as easily influenced with Dark Side acts, so it's not entirely true.

I don't think he meant as in looks. The lightside robes tended to have better stats.

I personally play a character that gets LSM but I like wearing the Dark Jedi robes because they look better.

Also I made a DS game eariler this week though I stopped playing as I hadn't even found one padawan robe on Datoonie.. grr.

Aside from Datoonie, it's pretty hard to find jedi stuff.

Maybe it had to do with me choosing that Raven saved the jedi order.

I agree about the lack of dialogue options.

The game lacks subtlety........

Not everything is black or white :geek:

"I tried the most potent Noise Amplification spell once upon a time. Mavellous spell. I could hear the birds speaking to one another in trees over the horizon, I could hear the rustlings as the clouds rubbed against each other in the sky. I could hear the sound a rainbow makes as it arches it's back over the world. Then a dog barked behind me and I burst my left eardrum."

:geek: yep although K2's strong point was supposed to be no more of the 'only light or dark' but more gray.

Failed completely to do that though and it was more 'only light or dark' than K1.

EDIT:

K1:

1. I'll do it for you.

2. What's in it for me?

3. You better come up with sth good to make it worth my while.

4. Sorry not interested.

K2:

1. I'll do it for you and then become your slave.

2. Yes I'll do it but after that you'll become my slave and your family will die by my hand.

Incorrect. There were more subtleties in K2, simply not enough. If you fail to realize this, you must have missed them.

I'm talking about subtleties which I can perform. Not Kreia. Subtleties, cool quotes, manipulation, ass kicking zap powers are all reserved to Kreia in K2. No one else can do any of the mentioned. That's the whole problem.

Incorrect. There were more subtleties in K2, simply not enough. If you fail to realize this, you must have missed them.

I'm talking about subtleties which I can perform. Not Kreia. Subtleties, cool quotes, manipulation, ass kicking zap powers are all reserved to Kreia in K2. No one else can do any of the mentioned. That's the whole problem.

Yeah, I agree. The darkside is manipulation to gain power rather than streight out fighting.

"To defeat your enemies without landing a blow is far more satisfying"

"I tried the most potent Noise Amplification spell once upon a time. Mavellous spell. I could hear the birds speaking to one another in trees over the horizon, I could hear the rustlings as the clouds rubbed against each other in the sky. I could hear the sound a rainbow makes as it arches it's back over the world. Then a dog barked behind me and I burst my left eardrum."

While I do agree more manipulation is needed, I felt both games lacked equally in this department. But then again, what can we expect from Bioware and their idea of evil? I did, however, expect more from Obsidian.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Well in K1 you could:

- force Manaan authorities to let you stay on their planet doing everything you want even though you poisoned their water and god knows how many fishies died because of that.

- make Uthar and/or Yuthura believe you were allied with them (note: you can poison both and make your fight against both -> now that's sth kickass you can do!)

- make big Z kill Mission :(

If someone ever pissed you off -> you could make him/her pay dearly.

In K2 you get kicked far too many times and can't do nothing about it.

I would disagree.

I liked the idea of when I helped a guy, Kreia started going off about how I didn't help that man, and it shows a guy getting jealous and mugging him. Truly my "lightside" ideals didn't make things better for that person.