Contest

I like fun contests that you dont have to take so seriously. I have absolutely no winner instinct, and its always annoying to see those "must win" types ruin the fun.

The only "contest" I remember is a month ago when we got the old 1337 crew together for a match of Q3. When it was over I was so jacked up that it was like Id had a whole pot of coffee. It was great :D

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I'm a sucker for every time McDonalds has the Monopoly contest. LOL! I've never won anything besides a Big Mac or fries, though. :ermm:

Other than that I usually stay away from contests that require you to give up information. Like winning a Car if you fill out this form type of junk.

In person contests? We had one to vote for the name of a software product of ours at work. My choices didn't win, but it was kinda fun.

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

I once entered this stupid slogan contest when I ate at a swedish fast-food restaurant called Max. You were supposed to answer the question, "Why did you decide to eat at Max's today?", and I answered, "Because Frasses [my favourite fast-food restaurant] was closed." and some other sarcastic crap like that. A month (or so) later I went to Max again during my lunch break, and while standing in line I saw this paper on the wall. It was a list of the winners of the slogan contest, and the very last name on that list was mine!

It was a very bizarre feeling to actually go and claim the prize after writing all the mean things I wrote. Apparently they thought I was funny..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I like fun contests that you dont have to take so seriously. I have absolutely no winner instinct, and its always annoying to see those "must win" types ruin the fun.

I totally agree.

The only 'contest' I felt I had to win was a drinking contest with my friend (Although we had already been drinking mildly and were simply goaded into it by our 'sober' dare I say it friend.)

After 5 double Jack Daniels I was about to be sick, but as I rushed to the toilet (and Conceded ) all the cubicles and what not were being used, and the strangest thing occurred......It went as quick as it had come, and I felt ready to carry on. :lol:"

After another 5 doubles, I was nearly catatonic but I indeed won as I was not asleep in the pub (My friend was)

Its also the strangest drink - whiskey - You are on your third glass before the first one hits and then.....<WHACK !!> It all clobbers you like a hammer.

Need I say "NEVER AGAIN!" LoL :shifty: