Theory of Evolution

WITHTEETH

Evolution.

1. biology theory of development from earlier forms: the theoretical process by which all species develop from earlier forms of life.

On this theory, natural variation in the genetic material of a population favors reproduction by some individuals more than others, so that over the generations all members of the population come to possess the favorable traits.

2. biology developmental process: the natural or artificially induced process by which new and different organisms develop as a result of changes in genetic material

3. gradual development: the gradual development of something into a more complex or better form

I'm hoping that this thread will spread facts about evolution so i and others have a chance to learn more about this subject.

A good scientist would say evolution is the best science has so far. my questiuonbs are -

1: what doesn't evolution explain, does it explain WHY things evolve in the first place besides to survive and procreate.

2: If evolution is about making things like like plankton to humans then where is a proven incident of it happeinging. where is a mutation increase of information. like human growing wings, or when we evolved a frontal lobe. does anybody know of a example of this that is observable by chance, or just plainy obvious? this seems to be the big christians defense against evolution.

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Well I'm a man of faith, not science. I believe that God created all of us.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

Evolution is more then a belief because through the study of genes, fossiles and limited experiments.

Yes its hard to study evolution over a long time because most changes take millions of years and humans only been around only 10'000 years. However people smarted to me that understand how to measure changes in DNA and genes have ways to study how much change has happen.

variation has been proven and a need for species to survive. Thats way one person will get sick and the other person doesn't.

Its foolish to claim how god made the world because evolution might be the way she wanted his world to grow.

I find insane that people are still questionning what is bloody obvious...

next...what is gonna be?..."you say the earth is round?prove it"..

point is there are many books,facts,studies on evolution with detailed explanation.not accepting it is being blind and dogmatic...

The idea that a deity created us does not conflict with Evolution. The Theory of Evolution only explains how life developed once it existed. What it doesn't explain is how life first popped into existence. There's nothing to say that the process which caused life to come about in the first place was not performed by some superbeing, nor is it inconcieveable that said superbeing guided Evolution to produce mankind.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Of course it is just as likely this superbeing (if there was one) is an alien possessed of powerful technology as that he/she is a spiritual presence possessed of unlimited might. And this discussion obviously leads to: well, who created the creator? The answer is a more powerful being. Yet if our creator is omnipotent, how can there be someone more powerful? The short answer is there cannot. Thus, we have a paradox.

But at the base level, you are correct.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Of course it is just as likely this superbeing (if there was one) is an alien possessed of powerful technology as that he/she is a spiritual presence possessed of unlimited might. And this discussion obviously leads to: well, who created the creator? The answer is a more powerful being. Yet if our creator is omnipotent, how can there be someone more powerful? The short answer is there cannot. Thus, we have a paradox.

But at the base level, you are correct.

Why would a more powerful being have to have created the creator? I don't think my mother is more powerful than I am. Why would the Deity's creator be more powerful than it is?

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

2: If evolution is about making things like like plankton to humans then where is a proven incident of it happeinging. where is a mutation increase of information. like human growing wings, or when we evolved a frontal lobe. does anybody know of a example of this that is observable by chance, or just plainy obvious? this seems to be the big christians defense against evolution.

Myspace Website!

My rig

Well I'm a man of faith, not science. I believe that God created all of us.

Thats great! but this is my belief, we can still be friends though :lol:

We sure can :lol:

I believe in evolution of life. It's just common sense to know that it exists. But I don't believe the scientific theories that say how life started. If you think about it, how could the solar sytem, let alone the whole universe just appear? And then life just appeared as well? We were created by God. But that's just my belief.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

because it's a process that take thousands/millions of years and require mutation...it's not like you're gonna grow a wing after eating a nice dinner....

From my point of view, religion is a paradox. Similar in nature to the virus, neither alive nor inanimate, religion provides some of the world's greatest good and most of its greatest evil. Its only public agenda is acquisition and maintenance of power, political, cultural, and numerical. It views itself as the only proper way of existence and basically spits upon other views, despite the rampant corruption within its own order. Any who oppose it are supposedly destined to damnation of one sort of another and only through it can peace apparently be found. :lol:

God is even more a fictional construct. He serves little purpose but to give people justification for their actions and forgiveness for their perceived sins. Yet most of these sins are never admitted to be such because "God commanded it."

I do not deny that a few can use religion in the pursuit of truth, justice, and overall good, yet I find these to be few and far between. More common are those such as Hitler and the militants of most religions who use their beliefs as reason to exterminate others.

I find it kind of sad

I know this vader, but can you help me with an example of this? even in bacteria or virus? i know virus's change and become immune but that is ust a change, not a mutasion with an increase in information.

What came to my mind was when the 1st dinosars evolved wings and learned to fly, but there is no proof good enough in a deabate. can abody help me? :lol:

Myspace Website!

My rig

I've always hated that question. The answer is so obvious and yet everyone acts as if it is impossible to answer.

Its the egg, of course. While the original parent may have resembled the chicken, it would not have been strictly such due to random mutation.

I find it kind of sad

From my point of view, religion is a paradox. Similar in nature to the virus, neither alive nor inanimate, religion provides some of the world's greatest good and most of its greatest evil. Its only public agenda is acquisition and maintenance of power, political, cultural, and numerical. It views itself as the only proper way of existence and basically spits upon other views, despite the rampant corruption within its own order. Any who oppose it are supposedly destined to damnation of one sort of another and only through it can peace apparently be found.  :-

God is even more a fictional construct. He serves little purpose but to give people justification for their actions and forgiveness for their perceived sins. Yet most of these sins are never admitted to be such because "God commanded it."

I do not deny that a few can use religion in the pursuit of truth, justice, and overall good, yet I find these to be few and far between. More common are those such as Hitler and the militants of most religions who use their beliefs as reason to exterminate others.

So I take it you're an atheist :p

I do agree with you that religion can be used for evil. Just look at the Muslim terrorists for example. But you can't rule religion as evil just because some people use it to justify acts of evil. Not all Muslims are terrorists.

Now, for what you said about religion and politics. I think that you have that mixed up with the church. I'll admit that the church is very corrupt, which is why I do not go anymore. But they seem to be the ones who take on public agendas, not the religion itself.

--John Stewart Mill--

--Black Hawk Down--

I know this vader, but can you help me with an example of this? even in bacteria or virus? i know virus's change and become immune but that is ust a change, not a mutasion with an increase in information.

What came to my mind was when the 1st dinosars evolved wings and learned to fly, but there is no proof good enough in a deabate. can abody help me? :-

By selecting only the fastest horses to breed you get fastest horses:race horses...

that's just a modern example...

Evolution is a long process and needs loads of new generations to develop in a new specie...it's not something sudden...

There is a paradox to life no matter what.  If we made by a superbeing  then where did she come from? So life and/or god and everything had to start from nothing.

You know what I think. I think that our minds are too primitive to handle that kind of knowledge.

--John Stewart Mill--

--Black Hawk Down--

From my point of view, religion is a paradox. Similar in nature to the virus, neither alive nor inanimate, religion provides some of the world's greatest good and most of its greatest evil. Its only public agenda is acquisition and maintenance of power, political, cultural, and numerical. It views itself as the only proper way of existence and basically spits upon other views, despite the rampant corruption within its own order. Any who oppose it are supposedly destined to damnation of one sort of another and only through it can peace apparently be found.  :-

So I take it you're an atheist :p

I do agree with you that religion can be used for evil. Just look at the Muslim terrorists for example. But you can't rule religion as evil just because some people use it to justify acts of evil. Not all Muslims are terrorists.

Now, for what you said about religion and politics. I think that you have that mixed up with the church. I'll admit that the church is very corrupt, which is why I do not go anymore. But they seem to be the ones who take on public agendas, not the religion itself.

Agnostic, actually.

Ah, but without religion, would we have half the problems we do today? I suggest not.

And I equate religion with the church because it is the modern face of such institution. While there are religious people who do not attend church, their ideas of religion have been formulated at one time or another by the church (whichever one it may be).

I find it kind of sad

I think you are taking the traits of some religions and applying it to all religions. This strikes me as rather like taking Stalinism and applying it to all political beliefs. True, many of the major organised religions are like this, but it is not fair to take the actions of, say, some Christians and apply that to all other religions, or even to all Christians.

Is this the fault of Religion, that some people use it as an excuse? If we were living at the turn of the last century, our security concerns would be over Anarchist terrorists, rather than Islamic ones. Would it have been fair then to blame Atheism for the Anarchist Militants? Can we blame Stalin on Atheism? To blame such killings on the ideology the killer claims to profess is, in my opinion, tantamount to accepting his excuse. To say "Person X killed a thousand people for his religion" is to ignore the all too much more likely statement that "Person X killed a thousand people because he was an evil person." Do you believe that minus religion, people wouldn't have found some other reason to mass murder other people? Hitler wasn't Religion's fault, it was Hitler's fault. Similarly, Stalin wasn't Atheism's fault, it was Stalin's fault.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!