Revan and Exile in K3

I took this from another thread that I posted it in. I thought it would be a good discussion topic.

If you wanted to include Revan and the Exile in K3, it would be nice if you could play as either one you wanted to. You could even choose the back story for them like you can pick Revan's back story in K2.

If you pick Revan, the story picks up directly after K1 and progesses through years to the point where eventually you would meet the Exile who would become an uber ally and you finish the story out.

If you choose the Exile, then the story picks up directly after K2 and you go in search of Revan, after you find him he becomes an uber ally and you finish the story out.

In either case, both characters start at level 20 and can progress up to level 50 and the backstory you chose would affect the starting allignment of your character. Whichever you choose, Hero or Villian, makes you start with a definative LS or DS allignment. Not all the way to mastery, but a little over half way between neutral and mastery.

Or maybe instead of the unplayed character always joining you, maybe you could choose the back story for both Revan and the Exile and when you meet up, if both were of the same allignment you join forces, but if you chose different allignments, then you will most likely have to kill the unchosen character. Only a very high charisma/persuade character would be able to convince the unchosen character to switch allignments and join up.

Your idea seems to me, like it would be extremely hard, and take an extremely long time to impliment.

Although I would love to see alot more options and endings in the game, what you are effectively asking for is 5 or more seperate games in one.

1) Exile, male/female

2) Revan, male/female

3) Exile, DS/LS

4) Revan, DS/LS

5) Option to play as Revan/Exile, in different timeframes.

Not feasable IMO.

Your idea seems to me, like it would be extremely hard, and take an extremely long time to impliment.

Although I would love to see alot more options and endings in the game, what you are effectively asking for is 5 or more seperate games in one.

1) Exile, male/female

2) Revan, male/female

3) Exile, DS/LS

4) Revan, DS/LS

Not feasable IMO.

Your categories are not mutually exclusive, and in fact are options that are mutually inclusive; e.g. PC must be either male / female and DS / LS and Revan / Exile.

Then again, OE weren't even able to deliver a game with an identical narrative for DS / LS and male / female for K2, without making erroneous references to Revan as he and she in the scripts, so anything except a hurculean reading exercise is probably beyond the scope of a sequel.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Part of the fun I find is becoming a Jedi that is growing stronger with the force.

Playing an Uber level 50 Jedi would be rather bland as I have 70 or so Force Powers to choose from, and a BAB so high that nothing can resist. Unless I'm fighting godly beings, which loses it's lustre because you can only fight so many godly beings before it just gets old. It's also harder to relate when you are fighting nothing but superpowered baddies for the entire game.

Part of the fun I find is becoming a Jedi that is growing stronger with the force.

Playing an Uber level 50 Jedi would be rather bland as I have 70 or so Force Powers to choose from, and a BAB so high that nothing can resist.  Unless I'm fighting godly beings, which loses it's lustre because you can only fight so many godly beings before it just gets old.  It's also harder to relate when you are fighting nothing but superpowered baddies for the entire game.

:- This guy has got it :thumbsup:

Playing an Uber level 50 Jedi would be rather bland as I have 70 or so Force Powers to choose from, and a BAB so high that nothing can resist.  Unless I'm fighting godly beings, which loses it's lustre because you can only fight so many godly beings before it just gets old.  It's also harder to relate when you are fighting nothing but superpowered baddies for the entire game.

Well, they could give some lame excuse as to why Revan or the Exile's power decreased so that we could play them again. But I do see us playing as a "special" padawan sort of how Jaden Korr was.

1) Exile, male/female

2) Revan, male/female

3) Exile, DS/LS

4) Revan, DS/LS

Not feasable IMO.

Your categories are not mutually exclusive, and in fact are options that are mutually inclusive; e.g. PC must be either male / female and DS / LS and Revan / Exile.

Then again, OE weren't even able to deliver a game with an identical narrative for DS / LS and male / female for K2, without making erroneous references to Revan as he and she in the scripts, so anything except a hurculean reading exercise is probably beyond the scope of a sequel.

Seperate was a strong word to use for all options, I really meant that for option 5, but as you say, if we can't get M/F done correctly, what chance do we think we have? :p"

In any case however nice the idea would be to have, I still find it unrealistic to expect such things. Possible....But highly unlikely IMO.

Well if they were fighting the "true" sith, I imagine that the true sith would be a lot stronger than the sith of known space. That was my thinking behind the "start at level 20" thing.

Still, I think it would be hard to conceive a game where you beat up on these uber-powerful "True Sith" for an entire game is silly.

It's difficult to relate to. I mean, if we as level 20 Jedi can absolutely decimate other Jedi and virtually any other creature that we've seen so far, how much do we need to stretch things beyond our reason so that we fight powerful creatures. Also, if there are so many of these insanely powerful True Sith, why did we have to go hunting for them. If one Revan or one Exile is so powerful in the current galaxy, I don't think the True Sith (that would be even more powerful) would just be sitting back waiting and building up an army or whatever. One of them could probably take on whole worlds, even ten of them would probably be too much for the galaxy to handle. Yet we have these uber-Jedi ala Revan and the Exile that are suddenly even more powerful than we originally thought. It's like looking at Yoda, and realizing he's only a fraction of the power of Revan or the Exile, and then people just start saying "yeah right" and suspension of disbelief goes away.

Eventually you turn into Superman. You create a being that becomes so powerful that virtually nothing can destroy him.