Strange Messages in the game

Well hello there :ph34r:

Does anyone know what the "bad strref" refers to? And has anyone here ever gotten "strange" attributes attached to their lightsaber abilities through different lightsaber crystal combinations? I.e. I got on one of mine,

"On Hit: Sleep 25% Chance, 6 sec, DC 10."

But then again, I was a sith lord using both my black crystal & a solari crystal. My lightsaber stats were as follows:

Damage: Energy, 48-66

Bludgeoning: +6-48 vs. Dark Side

Damage Bonus: +20 Dark Side, +7-70 Cold, +1-6 Physical, +12-72 Fire

Critical Threat: 17-20,x2 +10-100

On Hit: Knockdown DC 18

Attack Modifier: +32

Defence Bonus: 2

Blaster Bolt Deflection: +3

Restricted to Dark Side

Restricted to Light Side

And this was my WEAKEST lightsaber constructs. Plus, of course, the misc. neccessary crystals like kaibur & quixoni. --> Anyone with any ideas??

Yeah, but do you know which crystal specifically or is there a "crystal combo?"

It's a specific crystal/emitter, I think the 'bondan' (sp?) crystal allows stun, and anyway, Darth333 is replying and s/he? has an intricate knowlege of the file stats of TSL's :-

Crystal combos will give all seperate effects, e.g. A crystal with 'stun' and a different crystal with 'keen' will produce a lightsaber with, 'stun' and 'keen' in it's capabilities, not just a mish-mash. ;)

I didn't use a bondar crystal in my lightsaber. I used, my dark crystal, solari, the barab orb ingot, pontite, kaibur, quixoni and phond and none of those use a "stun" attribute. Since I'm a sith lord, i'm also using an ossus dueling lense and my emitter and power fixture also don't utilize a "stun" attribute, so i'm still puzzled ;)

By the way, does anyone out there know what the "bad strref" stands for??

Thanks

I didn't use a bondar crystal in my lightsaber. I used, my dark crystal, solari, the barab orb ingot, pontite, kaibur, quixoni and phond and none of those use a "stun" attribute. Since I'm a sith lord, i'm also using an ossus dueling lense and my emitter and power fixture also don't utilize a "stun" attribute, so i'm still puzzled  ;)

Thanks

Go to a work bench and check out what you can create on the lightsaber option, it tells you all the stats for the things you can create, even if you can't create them, although it is more informative, and with newer better options if you have high skills.

I did check out EVERYTHING and still nothing would give this to me. And as for my skill level, all of my skills are above 90 so I don't have any trouble in constructing anything.

If there's anyone out there that can still answer my question as to what the "bad strref" means - I've encountered this too in Kotor I as well as a "bad push," I'd be very happy.

Thanks again

"Bad String Reference"... the game looked for a sentence, dialogue line, or other such descriptive thingie, and could not find it, either because it does not exist or it's looking in the wrong place (ie corrupted save/executable).

<>< <>< Fishy Fishy ><> ><>

Well hello there :ph34r:

Does anyone know what the "bad strref" refers to? And has anyone here ever gotten "strange" attributes attached to their lightsaber abilities through different lightsaber crystal combinations? I.e. I got on one of mine,

"On Hit: Sleep 25% Chance, 6 sec, DC 10."

But then again, I was a sith lord using both my black crystal & a solari crystal. My lightsaber stats were as follows:

Damage: Energy, 48-66

Bludgeoning: +6-48 vs. Dark Side

Damage Bonus: +20 Dark Side, +7-70 Cold, +1-6 Physical, +12-72 Fire

Critical Threat: 17-20,x2 +10-100

On Hit: Knockdown DC 18

Attack Modifier: +32

Defence Bonus: 2

Blaster Bolt Deflection: +3

Restricted to Dark Side

Restricted to Light Side

And this was my WEAKEST lightsaber constructs. Plus, of course, the misc. neccessary crystals like kaibur & quixoni. --> Anyone with any ideas??

I'm guessing your savegame file became corrupted. Once I was playing around with my savegames and I ran out of swap space or something and when next I loaded my game, I had all sorts of goofy attributes on my lightsaber, like yours.

Were you playing with the infamous lightsaber color change exploit?

I didn't use a bondar crystal in my lightsaber. I used, my dark crystal, solari, the barab orb ingot, pontite, kaibur, quixoni and phond ....

Wait, you used all these in the same lightsaber at the same time?

How did you accomplish this?

I've heard of a glitch that allows you to put many of the same crystal into one saber, but not to put 7 different power crystals into a saber meant to hold two. Was it the same glitch?

I didn't use a bondar crystal in my lightsaber. I used, my dark crystal, solari, the barab orb ingot, pontite, kaibur, quixoni and phond ....

Wait, you used all these in the same lightsaber at the same time?

How did you accomplish this?

I've heard of a glitch that allows you to put many of the same crystal into one saber, but not to put 7 different power crystals into a saber meant to hold two. Was it the same glitch?

... That would explain the "bad string reference" error if the stack has been crammed with more variables than it has been dimensioned for ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT