NPC Information that is hard to discover

Reading another topic -- about an ingame Kreia movie that was a surprise to some and old news to others -- got me wondering, what is not generally "known" to all, because it requires characters with unusual stats or LS/DS alignment or actions to discover?

I'll give a few examples which I don't think are novel, but someone who played a low-intelligence character or did Nar Shadaa last might not have picked up on; they're the kind of things I'm curious about with respect to other NPCs, which those who have discovered things about other characters might share (I like high-intelligence characters, 18 preferred, for skill and roleplaying reasons). Possible errors below of course, this is off the top of my head from memory.

GO-TO droid -- this droid IS GOTO -- it was the droid that was supposed to be delivered to the Ithorians on Telos that disappeared. It received impossible contradictory instructions (to save the Republic without violating its laws) and "broke" by saving the Republic, but without the constraint of abiding by the law. It used a hologram and pretended to be relaying messages because, hey, who'd take droid seriously? Getting this needs a character with influence and who discovered things about various droids on Nar Shadaa (which itself requires a character with good repair/computer/awareness skills). Bith scientist, droid racer, droid pazaak player, some other stuff gives you enough "evidence" to explain to GOTO what you discovered about "him".

HK-47 -- he was used by Revan to assassinate Jedi; Revan also used humans (description of type of humans used and their mental technique of avoiding detection is, of course, a description of people like Atton who hide their thoughts). Gives insights into methods and techniques for killing jedi (this is both interesting from a story point of view, and gives your character +1 CON and WIS and force point bonus). Revan pitied the Exile because of the effect the death of those serving him would have, etc. All this needs good influence. Also, having already found out all this stuff about how to kill Jedi, after encountering a certain unkillable Sith Lord on Korriban, you can then ask HK for advice on how to kill unkillable Sith Lords.

Mira, Atton, Bao-Dur, Handmaid -- assuming you turn each of them into jedi I think you discover everything so I won't summarize it.

Kreia -- she was Revan's master (when she and he were Jedi) and again, later, when they were Sith. She thinks he may have acted as he did, not out of attraction to evil, but because it was necessary for him to become Sith to save the galaxy against a greater threat, and he was willing to sacrifice himself to that purpose (so that the Revan "altered" by the Jedi in KOTOR 1, assuming LS, was not actually changed to LS by their interference, but was actually still acting in the interests of the galaxy both before and after they captured him, that was his basic nature which was unchanged). All this stuff needs good influence.

T3-M4 -- "he" erased his own memory of where Revan had been (and locked navcomputer, unless it was Revan?) to avoid betraying where Ebon Hawk came from (i.e. where Revan was). He sought out the Exile because Revan had asked him to seek help if necessary and he needed someone capable of countering the threat posed by the Sith. This info comes up after seeing a secret message recorded in T3 from Bastila (probably different if prior dialogue set Revan as female etc.) and requires computer skill and high intelligence (boosted okay). You can also upgrade T3 with computer skill and repair skill, but that improves him rather than giving you additional story info.

Nope. Kreia wasn't Revan's Sith Master. She just told him the same thing that Palpy told Anakin: "Not from a Jedi..."

AKA, she was teaching him that the Jedi are far too biased(sp?). But, she was a loony bird named Harold the whole time, so who cares? :)

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

hey i just found that stuff out about G0T0 today!! he's actually nowhere near as boring as i thought!!

other than that... i already new all that

hey what about Mical? he was gonna become your padawan once you became a jedi knight, but you left for the mandalorian wars....

btw, i was kinda wondering about HK47. if you get enough influence with him, he mentions being created at the beginning of the jedi civil war. but, in KOTOR1, he tells you he got sent on a mission to kill Mandalore (the one before canderous). how can he be sent on an assassination mission before he was even created?!?!

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Nope. Kreia wasn't Revan's Sith Master. She just told him the same thing that Palpy told Anakin: "Not from a Jedi..."

AKA, she was teaching him that the Jedi are far too biased(sp?). But, she was a loony bird named Harold the whole time, so who cares? :wub:

Granted, the character could be lying, but given that Kreia's statements seem true (just incomplete sometimes), she was Revan's teacher. In the conversation thread where you ask her about Revan, and then ask if she taught him, she says he was her Padawan (before being taught by others e.g. Zhar, can't recall other names). She specifically says he was her Padawan. She also says something about her having taught him first and last. Granted, this thread requires high influence with her (otherwise she refuses to answer).

And separately, the Disciple character mentions how Revan it is believed returned to his first master when he left the Jedi order. Since Kreia says she taught Revan first and last, and he was her Padawan, Disciple's comment fits right into that. Maybe a female character (who got Disciple as an NPC) would learn more?

That's all from memory, maybe there's other stuff. Now, feel free to disagree with my interpretation. But maybe if you actually could mention dialogue or reasons why you disagree it would be more persuasive.

On an unrelated point, I liked part of your signature, indeed, I liked it enough I shall quote it again. '"No offense man, but I'm always right, and you're an idiot."

-Some TV show my sibling was watching, I think...' :)

She also says something about her having taught him first and last.

What occurred to me was when he was a Sith, he had NO master, in fact HE was the master.

I may be wrong though, not slating you, it's simply what first struck me. ;)

No Master that we know of.

I do think there was at least A grounds Keeper at Malachor 5 that kept the School decent for all potential student thru out the centuries.

Trayus Academy is several thousands of years old. Many Holocrons also therefore there must be a teacher also like a resident Dark Jedi Master or a Sith Lord.

No Master that we know of.

I do think there was at least A grounds Keeper at Malachor 5 that kept the School decent for all potential student thru out the centuries.

Trayus Academy is several thousands of years old. Many Holocrons also therefore there must be a teacher also like a resident Dark Jedi Master or a Sith Lord.

They probably have a droid groundskeeper.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

GO-TO droid -- this droid IS GOTO -- it was the droid that was supposed to be delivered to the Ithorians on Telos that disappeared.

Whoa! I had no idea!

The first time I played through I didn't put much into int or awareness because I wanted the points for more physical things, but after discovering a few extras bits the second time through have realised that what I thought were lame stats are actually more important.

I spent 59 hours playing through the first time and STILL didn't see everything, flaw as it may be, I love this game (and the first one).

Maybe Revan returned to Malachor V in search of answers from his former life and Kriea guided him through the process and maybe through the sith archieves. That would be like a Master and Apprentice relationship. Then Revan either corrupted Kriea or after Revan left in search of the True Sith Kriea stayed and was corrupted by the dark taint of the planet.

I said that Kreia wasn't his SITH master, but she was his JEDI master. He also went back to her to find out how to leave the order, but had no master (that we know of; The Ancient Spirit of Malachor the Dark Lord, anybody? :o ).

:ph34r:

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."