KOTOR 3 for Ps3?

User Name

Hi guys... i think kotor 3 would be better on ps3... since xbox 360 needs a special tv and all that extra junk just to to run the dang thing.. so i hope obsidian well consider a ps3 exclusive. of KOTOR 3. game play would pry be better.. because ps3 has the cell :blink::blink: so yeah... i hope someone with obsidian read dis thread.. thank alot for listening. :o

N

Hmmm... I think if it changes systems at all... It should go to the PC. I'm tired of getting a crappy port from a console game. lol. We need to see how good a Star Wars RPG can REALLY be made and everyone know's that consoles don't have near the potential that PC's do. (w00t)

You obviously havent been following the next generation consoles...

Yes I have. Consoles will never out perform the leading edge computers systems. Atleast not anytime soon. Soon we'll have a 64-bit OS to run our 64-bit systems on. My 512mb multi-gpu graphics will smoke a console. In my opinion anyways. :D Of course you probably won't have almost 3 grand wrapped up in your console either.

Btw, I shouldn't have said "crappy port". KOTOR was a very good console game. It just doesn't have the depth that a computer game can have.

Well how about making it cross-platform, this entire xbox/PS/PC exclusive crap is so stupid. It should be designed for the platform with the most potential and then be downgraded for anything that can't keep up.

CAPITALISM SUCKS! :ermm:

But, the problem is that I think they pretty much have to develop it on the system with the "least" potential and then port it to the others. I may be wrong though.

Oh, and capitalism doesn't so much suck. Just mainly Microsoft. (w00t)

Hi guys... i think kotor 3 would be better on ps3... since xbox 360 needs a special tv and all that extra junk just to to run the dang thing.. so i hope obsidian well consider a ps3 exclusive. of KOTOR 3. game play would pry be better.. because ps3 has the cell  :rolleyes:  :-  so yeah... i hope someone with obsidian read dis thread.. thank alot for listening.  :p

Thats what you get for listening to Sony...lies.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I am strongly in favour of...umm, well, whichever's the cheapest.

PS3...XBOX 360...Revolution...they'll all be powerful enough to do the job.

The 360 will be out first, which is an advantage for it in a number of respects. It'll also probably be cheaper, which is another advantage.

I don't care about the console. I just want my KotOR 3, presuming it's made by a quality developer such as Obsidian, and LA doesn't find a way to futz it up.

I don't care about the console.  I just want my KotOR 3, presuming it's made by a quality developer such as Obsidian, and LA doesn't find a way to futz it up.

I hear you. And I really hope they say *something* about K3 within the next 90 days. They can't pull a cliffhanger like that and not give us *something*!

I really hope they say *something* about K3 within the next 90 days.  They can't pull a cliffhanger like that and not give us *something*!

Micro$oft announce products and targets within the Quarterly cycle (e.g. "End of Q3, 2006").

You obviously havent been following the next generation consoles...

Yes I have. Consoles will never out perform the leading edge computers systems. Atleast not anytime soon. Soon we'll have a 64-bit OS to run our 64-bit systems on. My 512mb multi-gpu graphics will smoke a console. In my opinion anyways. :D Of course you probably won't have almost 3 grand wrapped up in your console either.

Btw, I shouldn't have said "crappy port". KOTOR was a very good console game. It just doesn't have the depth that a computer game can have.

The next generation consoles will have better performance than what is readily and affordably available for PC hardware for a short time, however (maybe six months or so); in any case KotOR games are ported from the console. What would be good is doing the Half-Life 2 idea of porting the game from the PC, though I am sure Micro$oft will not reliquish a major marketing aid for its new Xbox 360, like a new KotOR game, just be taken by a competitor (Sony) or delayed by non-primacy development schedule, after the PC. After all, "aquiesce" is not in the Micro$oft dictionary ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Micro$oft announce products and targets within the Quarterly cycle (e.g. "End of Q3, 2006").

I guess you're thinking it's going to be X360 then? I think so too. I suspect we will have a K3 if, for no other reason than, MS needs as many high-profile RPGs as they can get.

Even if LA decides they don't want to do it, MS will try to convince otherwise, I believe.

consoles are technologically better than pcs at the beginning of their life cycle. This has been the case since the mid 90's.

The guy who said xbox 360 can only be played on a new tv - i think he meant hi-def. I dunno if it even supports hi def tv, what kind of discs will the games be on? I know for sure the ps3 has an hdmi output as well as regular ones.

Microsoft said they are making/have made a dev kit which makes it a lot easier to port games ffrom xbox to pc and/or vice versa.

They never said that you needed a hi-def tv to play the x-box 360 on, only that they required the devs of games to support hi-def no matter what. it just diesn't look as good when playing on a regular tv.

This is what happens when you can't repair HK-47: [Failure] ...aahhhh! What are you doing?! Remove the arc wrench, remove the arc wrench! Medic!

zerodark9.png

consoles are technologically better than pcs at the beginning of their life cycle. This has been the case since the mid 90's.

No, indeed it hasn't. While "technologically better" is a pretty vapid distinction, it's absolutely not the case that the majority of consoles since the mid nineties have outpaced PCs at their respective releases, and I would argue that not a single one of the consoles released since 1995 has managed to outpace competing PC hardware at its release date. I'd say the PS3 has the first reasonable chance of achieving this since the N64, but we won't really know until all is said and done.

The best competitors for the claim to being a console possessing "better technology" than anything else available at release (and let's be clear that when we say this, we really mean rendering technology), even surpassing that available to the computing market as a whole, would seem to be the N64 at its release and the Xbox at its release. Despite possessing the best hardware of its generation of consoles, however, the Xbox is fairly easy to write off the list of consoles which might have challenged competing PC hardware, as it was after all just PC hardware with less system memory than was available to competing PCs and a much slower CPU, having only slightly better memory bandwidth as an advantage, with a slower graphics chip, older CPU and substantially less RAM as big disadvantages in competition against contemporaneous PC parts. It might have managed equivalency to competing PC parts just barely were it not for ATI having a spontaneous and somewhat unexpected burst of R&D magnificence with their Radeon line at the time, but for whatever reason, ATI shot well ahead of Nvidia for a while there, and the Xbox's GF3 was well outpaced during its introduction phase by computing hardware.

As for the Playstation 2, I really didn't hear any post-release claims to its supremacy among graphics technologies once reality had settled in and the dregs of Sony's nonsense hype had washed away. Maybe there are still some Playstation 2 pre-release era fanboys heralding the PS2 as a computing revolution which will best everything and everyone, but I somehow doubt even Sony fanboys have that kind of dedication to self-imposed distancing from reality. And just to cover all the bases, the Dreamcast was a terrific little console, and I think the package it put together was fantastic, but similarly, for what it was, it wasn't really a leap forward and, unlike the PS2, it and its fans largely didn't claim it was, either. The 3DO, Playstation and Saturn were all somewhat backwards-looking in their technologies, with fairly limited 3D rendering capabilities which I don't think can in any of their cases be considered to have prompted anything like a technological revolution which pushed past computing technologies (though the Saturn gets an award for being even more architecturally obtuse and confusing than any computing technology of its day).

The N64 seems to me to have the most believable claim to genuinely pushing forward technologies not available to even the computing market, as when the machine was still in the design stages, it was indeed something we hadn't seen yet, anywhere, in both feature set and (as we eventually learned) in real world performance. It might well have successfully outpaced in features and speed everything else of its time too, had not Rendition introduced all the features which it bragged on the Verite and, subsequently, had not 3DFX added to that features list superior performance with the Voodoo months prior to the N64's hitting the market. If the N64 had come out months prior to, rather than months subsequent to the Voodoo revolution (although its arguable ATI and Rendition would have made it happen on there own if 3DFX didn't come along as the Rage II and Verite possessed everything but the Voodoo's speed), it would have been in reality what the PS3 claims to be in Sony's current hype. That is to say, a gaming machine that is better than everything in its rendering capabilities. As it is, the PS3 (or conceivably the Xbox 360, but this seems more doubtful) has the opportunity to be the first, but we'll just have to watch and see.

I think one thing the consoles have going for them is the fact that they don't seem to require a lot of RAM and such to perform well. But, the computer industry is constantly improving. The computer industry now has SLI (which I think will help some even if it isn't exactly a new concept) and will soon have a 64-bit OS. I think that performance in computer systems is going to make somewhat of a leap here pretty soon.

The best thing about computers is the fact that, when a new grapics card is released, you can buy it and slap it in your system. That way you don't have to buy a new system every couple of years. You can just upgrade one component every year or so to keep up with technology. I can also hand my old components down to my daughter so that she has her own computer and is just a step behind me, technology wise. Then her old components go towards my dedicated server. :thumbsup: