Personal Character Crystal

You'll find a complete list of available "upgrades" for the personal crystal with stats here: http://www.starwarsknights.com/itempages/c...crystal_1_0.uti

(look for the "<FullName> Crystal" ). All the descriptions and stats have been extracted directly from the game.

When you talk to Kreia, your old crystal is taken from your inventory and a new one is added. the crystal comes in five "colors" that follow your alignment: black, dark, grey, light and white and 9 levels. The crystal can be upgraded every 3 levels (This can be seen in the k_inc_q_crystal.nss file)

Okay, during my last game, I talked with Kreia every time I could so that she could upgrade my crystal 8 times. Has anyone successfully done this? I only got 5 upgrades from her before she "disappeared".

The one and only time I used the cheat on Korriban to get to an outrageous level (40, I think), when I offered my crystal to Kreia she seemed to upgrade it to its maximum strength all in one go. After she had it, it was shining blindingly or something, and gave very high attribute boosts. So maybe you don't actually need to upgrade it eight times before you reach full power?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

There are 9 levels available for the crystal. I used KSE to give myself 9.4, so I had a fully upgraded LS-aligned crystal to plop into my lightsaber.

So, if Kreia will only upgrade the crystal every 3 level-ups, it will take 24 level-ups from the time you receive the crystal until you can get a "full-strength" crystal. Or is it from the start of the game?

Actually, she will tune your crystal for you as soon as you get it, so you only have to get 21 level-ups before it's fully upgraded. Which means I'm going to have to find a way to get a lot more experience before being forced to go to Dantooine the final time. Oh, and Kreia won't talk to you during that time that you have to go to Dantooine, so you need to have her upgrade your crystal before the final confrontation on Onderon. :)

What does the whole 'Keen' thing mean?

When you "roll" an attack die for a weapon to hit the opponent, each weapon has a "critical strike" score.

For example, a lightsabre might have a critical score of 20. If you add an element that adds the "keen" property to the lightsabre, then the critical strike range doubles, so that a roll of either 19 or 20 will possibly score a critical strike. (The 20 sided die is "rolled" again and if the second score is a hit, then the blow is regarded as a critical strike, and subsequently the bonus damage is added.)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

It doesn't really matter at what level you will obtain your crystal. You will achieve the "The crystal radiates an immense amount of light, almost blinding anyone who looks at it" at level 33. It is not possible to get to this level by doing only all the quests and kill all enemies. You should do the mining trick or kill a lot of Hssiss's until you are on that level and off course ensure that you haven't found all masters at that point (including Vash) since then Kreia will not be talking to you anymore to upgrade your crystal.

Master Vandar lives!

What is the mining and/or hssiss trick? I've only played through twice, so I am not that familar with the "exploits" of the game.

The mining thing I don't know, I'm afraid.

The Hsiss thing is on Korriban, in the temple where you have all the visions of Malak, Revan and so on. There's a Jedi corpse somewhere that, when you click to 'open' it, automatically spawns two Hsiss monsters, which you can then kill. You can repeat this as many times as you like, resulting in massive experience gains, especially if you spawn 30 at the same time and dispatch them all with a couple of blasts of Force Lightning.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I assume people mentioning the mining trick are referring to the exercise of placing mines in one area, then moving to a different area, then going back to pick up the mines again, earning XP for it (which you wouldn't do if you only placed a mine and picked it right back up again).

Hi All!!

I was able to upgrade my crystal all the way to the last permutation. I'ts much easier to do if you're playing the dark side as you gain unlimited XP in the sith tomb on korriban so you can go up to a level 18 (or higher) sith lord/maurader/assassin and after which you can go to kreia and speak with her. She will "focus" on the crystal and it will be at its highest potential.

Heh, I recently found the Hanharr exploit by accident. I did it a few times and his Intelligence dropped till it reached 3 (I think). It stayed at 3 even though I 'broke' him a couple of more times. Then suddenly, the last time I did it, his Intelligence became 254 (again, I think that was the number)!

(I also noticed it's a good idea to talk to Kreia after breaking Hanharr, since she can then give your character a bonus to Strength and Constitution as well, although you may need a high Wisdom to get the required convo options.)

I assume people mentioning the mining trick are referring to the exercise of placing mines in one area, then moving to a different area, then going back to pick up the mines again, earning XP for it (which you wouldn't do if you only placed a mine and picked it right back up again).

That's exactly what I am talking about. If you have a low demolition skill (4 for example), have 15 Minor mines in your inventory.

Place 15 mines (on top of each other takes the least time) in one area. Then move to another area. Head back to the mines and disarm them. If you have Kreia in your party it will go quicker because of the Xp bonus.

You can go to level 50 on Peragus if you want.

Master Vandar lives!

Ah, thanks! I actually have a rather high DEM skill (20+) for when I want to do this trick. Will this affect my experience?

The highest I got "officially" in the game was Level 29 (15/14 Sentinel/Watchman). The last three levels were where Kreia was unavailable for upgrading. She didn't seem too interested in allowing me to upgrade my crystal when I met her in the Core! :D

I actually have a rather high DEM skill (20+) for when I want to do this trick. Will this affect my experience?

Yes, set alot of mines, deadly or devastating give more exp. Leave the area and then return, then 'recover' the mines like any enemy ones and exp. will be given accordingly. Do this as many times as desired, but take my word for it, getting to the level you want is uber BORING so I hope you have alot of patience :)