Rumor

Sorry if you already know this

Ok not shure if this is lucas's doing but I went to starwars knights.com and found out that the URL www.kotor3.com is already been reserved

again this is unconfirmed rumor

ya, I think someone else posted that somewhere in these forums. but thnxs for the reminder :blink:..but how come its Uh Oh? and not like WEEE or YEEEHAAW! or something excited?

The next kotor is going to be amazing. Graphic wize, hopefully the story as well.

The domain name has been registered to Mr. Francisco Arias from Bogata, Colombia.  His email is: FranciscoJavierArias@yahoo.com

Should I be worried that you can find that out :rolleyes:

The sad part is that Francisco Arias has become somewhat of a celebrity of these boards...

...who is that person? :"> I dont think I have came across that name. Well, at least from what I can remember.

The domain name has been registered to Mr. Francisco Arias from Bogata, Colombia.  His email is: FranciscoJavierArias@yahoo.com

Not at all, it's public knowledge. Anyone can look up who the domain is registered to. It even lists the guys phone number. Unless you were being sarcastic, in which case you should be worried. :)

Not at all, it's public knowledge. Anyone can look up who the domain is registered to. It even lists the guys phone number. Unless you were being sarcastic, in which case you should be worried. :)

A litte of both. Hmm, I didnt realize you could do that. Its just my lack of knowledge I guess

There's ways around that (the registry info being easily public viewable), but it usually means paying more for a 'middle-man' whois service. :rolleyes:"

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The site's a scam, likely that guy trying to cash out should LA try to make a Kotor III... :)

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

I'll be tempted to call him up and laugh at him if LA decides not to make a Kotor III... right after crying like a two year old girl with a boo-boo... :ph34r:

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

Agreed.  I think he's hoping for Lucasarts to approach him and buy off the site name for big bucks.  There were several such cases before.

i thought "domain camping" was illegal.

Well, maybe not stricly "illegal", but certainly the indiviual will have no leg to stand on in court, and will probably have to forfeit the domain for free (and maybe pay costs); unless a person can prove they had the domain for years and it is not an obvious use of a famous trademark or IP in the first place (and this usually has meant an acronym, like microsoft had no way of getting ms.com from MorganStanley).

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Yes, well if www.kotor3.com is bought and this Francisco is waiting for Lucasarts to buy the domain then he might as well buy:

www.doom4.com

www.quake4.com

www.unreal3.com

www.halo3.com

www.battlefield3.com

To name a few. Succeeding the companies to buy the domains for large sums of money however, he never will.

Master Vandar lives!

You had to do it, didnt you? You just had to.  :- :-

'

The guy is simply trying to cash in. It's like the website http://mikerosoft.com

Plus Kotor 3 website will be hosted on lucasarts. At most it may have a shortcut link like www.kotor3.com but they're not going to spend 5000 dollars for a said url

Actually, my comment referred to the guy who chose Darth Vader as his sn. Why, I say?! Why?! :blink:

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Well, maybe not stricly "illegal", but certainly the indiviual will have no leg to stand on in court, and will probably have to forfeit the domain for free (and maybe pay costs); unless a person can prove they had the domain for years and it is not an obvious use of a famous trademark or IP in the first place (and this usually has meant an acronym, like microsoft had no way of getting ms.com from MorganStanley).

Then again maybe.....just maybe..... Its a deliberate attempt to fool the fanbase of a game thats already in development.....That it isn't :)"

Possible people, unlikely - Probably, dishonest - Definitly, but certainly possible, to say it isn't is foolish.

And before people overwhelm me with facts to the contrary, I'm just wishful thinking. :wub:

Then again maybe.....just maybe..... Its a deliberate attempt to fool the fanbase of a game thats already in development.....That it isn't :)"

Possible people, unlikely - Probably, dishonest - Definitly, but certainly possible, to say it isn't is foolish.

And before people overwhelm me with facts to the contrary, I'm just wishful thinking. :wub:

I like this point of view. I agree with you.