Knights of the Old Republic

Ok, I haven't been at these boards for awhile now, I just started coming back again, and I had a question.

Has there been any new information on K3? Not ideas for how people think the game should be, but actual hardcore facts...like are they going to make it? And whose they, whose making the game?..if it's going to be made at all?

Ok, I haven't been at these boards for awhile now, I just started coming back again, and I had a question.

Has there been any new information on K3? 

No.

Not ideas for how people think the game should be, but actual hardcore facts...like are they going to make it?

Don't know.

And whose they, whose making the game?

Don't know.

..if it's going to be made at all?

Don't know.

I love to cut and paste quotes, it's just the best fun ever.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Yes,SteveThaiBinh has proved to be that helpful in the past. But here's what I know.

1.KOTOR3 will probably be realesed later this year, maybe as a Xbox 360 launch game.

2.Rumour has it there will a PS2 or PS3 version of the game.

3. An anonymous LucasArts executive has reportedly said the game will NOT star Revan or Exile, but a new main PC. But he might be lying, like when Shiguru Myamato (creator of Mario and Zelda) said the new Zelda will star a cartoon Link.

Hope that helps, and if any news comes, i'll post it somehere here.

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

It would be stupid for LA not to make a third one, because:

1) The movies are divided in 2 sets of trilogies,and most of the games have followed the same path. E.g. Jedi outcast 1, 2 and 3

2) SWKotOR I and II have been extremely succesful, even considering the huge ammount of criticism TSL received.

3) I am pretty sure the XBOX people are pressuring LA to get the third game on Xbox360, why wouldnt they, it sold tons of copies and xbox's weak point is a limited number of rpgs

4) Obviously the ending of Kotor2 has left a lot of room for a sequel, in fact the ending is so open anything could easily fit as a sequel.

5) Fans want it,fans would buy it regardless of whatever is being said in these forums. Episode I and II probably received even more criticism but that did not stop LA.

6) To them its a very sure shot way of milking the starwars cash cow without having any ties to the actual movie plots and hence being able to use a lot of creativity.

I think a lot of things can be changed for a possible KotOR 3, but the biggest, IMO, would be:

1) beta testing

2) more replay value, with the game not necessarily having to end once u kill the final boss...how about starting a jedi academy?

3) hoods! and the option to have the cape or not on the robes...customizable body would be cool as well....hilts! maybe a pet....choice of ships...coruscant,hoth,uncharted territory, NO korriban, NO dantooine, NO tatooine...

4) More ways to make use of the huge party of whom most of the time you just select two,and the rest only see action when you want to gain influence

5) More fate changing events during the game...more important people dying...choice of party..

6)new engine, i beg you!

7) actually balancing the use of 1 lightsaber against 2 or staff....more combat animations,some specific and exclusive to the jedi...

8)lightsaber combat-dex,dex,dex. No str involved in a weightless weapon that only needs to touch to cut in half. Maybe the new engine would fix the whole "hi, im arnold schwarzenegger,the jedi. yoda is 3 meter tall and doesnt have a single muscle on his arm,yet in this game i must be strong to wield a lightsaber". And no, weapon finesse wont cut it, its the principle. lightsaber by definition alone is pure finesse.

9)If new force powers,make them useful, and more worthwhile of getting...

10) as its fashionable,and we want it,make everything as customizable as possible,down to whether u want ur char to have facil hair or makeup or not.

You know the funny thing is, is that I remember while I was watching some developer interviews for KotOR2 that a few of the designers were talking about how they ahd been already working on KIII and had to stop to finish KII. YEs I know that sound's strange, and I thought so too. It was one of the vids on Gamespot.com so I'm gonna try and find it again, be back later.

I think a lot of things can be changed for a possible KotOR 3, but the biggest, IMO, would be:

1) beta testing

2) more replay value, with the game not necessarily having to end once u kill the final boss...how about starting a jedi academy?

3) hoods! and the option to have the cape or not on the robes...customizable body would be cool as well....hilts! maybe a pet....choice of ships...coruscant,hoth,uncharted territory, NO korriban, NO dantooine, NO tatooine...

4) More ways to make use of the huge party of whom most of the time you just select two,and the rest only see action when you want to gain influence

5) More fate changing events during the game...more important people dying...choice of party..

6)new engine, i beg you!

7) actually balancing the use of 1 lightsaber against 2 or staff....more combat animations,some specific and exclusive to the jedi...

8)lightsaber combat-dex,dex,dex. No str involved in a weightless weapon that only needs to touch to cut in half. Maybe the new engine would fix the whole "hi, im arnold schwarzenegger,the jedi. yoda is 3 meter tall and doesnt have a single muscle on his arm,yet in this game i must be strong to wield a lightsaber". And no, weapon finesse wont cut it, its the principle. lightsaber by definition alone is pure finesse.

10) as its fashionable,and we want it,make everything as customizable as possible,down to whether u want ur char to have facil hair or makeup or not.

All excellent ideas. I would like to add to that though.

A) If influence is included, make it so that not only does turning your allies to the dark side change their appearence, it also changes their personality. For example, it pissed me off to no end that I could have the Handmaiden on DS mastery and she would still get mad at me if I killed someone in cold blood. <_<

It would be stupid for LA not to make a third one, because:

1) The movies are divided in 2 sets of trilogies,and most of the games have followed the same path. E.g. Jedi outcast 1, 2 and 3

2) SWKotOR I and II have been extremely succesful, even considering the huge ammount of criticism TSL received.

3) I am pretty sure the XBOX people are pressuring LA to get the third game on Xbox360, why wouldnt they, it sold tons of copies and xbox's weak point is a limited number of rpgs

4) Obviously the ending of Kotor2 has left a lot of room for a sequel, in fact the ending is so open anything could easily fit as a sequel.

5) Fans want it,fans would buy it regardless of whatever is being said in these forums. Episode I and II probably received even more criticism but that did not stop LA.

6) To them its a very sure shot way of milking the starwars cash cow without having any ties to the actual movie plots and hence being able to use a lot of creativity.

1) beta testing

6)new engine, i beg you!

I agree completly with his ideas to make the new game better. You could start a sith academy somewhere and take your pupils into war etc perhaps generate some money, start training more and more, conquer the galaxy lol turn it into a Strategy

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BETTER MASKS AND FULL BODY CLOAKS MY EXILE IS UGLY AND HIS FACE NEEDS HIDDEN SO HE DOESN'T SCARE SMALL CHILDREN

Yes,SteveThaiBinh has proved to be that helpful in the past. But here's what I know.

1.KOTOR3 will probably be realesed later this year, maybe as a Xbox 360 launch game.

2.Rumour has it there will a PS2 or PS3 version of the game.

3. An anonymous LucasArts executive has reportedly said the game will NOT star Revan or Exile, but a new main PC. But he might be lying, like when Shiguru Myamato (creator of Mario and Zelda) said the new Zelda will star a cartoon Link.

Hope that helps, and if any news comes, i'll post it somehere here.

Later THIS year? WOW, that's... Ambitious... For a CRPG. It will come out to PC to surely? Else, I buying myself something heavy, with lots of bullets, and then I'm taking a trip down to LA...

Has anyone seen Episode three yet? If you have remember Anakin walking into that room with the Viceroy with the hood and ****. Oh man that looked ****ing cool. Awesome as hell. Almost as good (if not cooler) than Revan's robes!!!

I saw that, but I don't think anything can surpass Revan's robes in terms of coolness except Palpatine's black robe. Ebert and Roeper gave it two thumbs up. Great movie!

Just read today from Gamespot that Bioware is working on two Xbox360 titles and neither one of them is Dragon Age, and both are going to be released after the Xbox360 launch window.

Here's hoping that one of them is KoTOR3.

It is possible that K3 might be released on the Xbox rather than the 360. But either way it does not bother me.

I just hope it will come out for PC to.

I have a fealing what will happen..........K3 will be one of the games that is going to be released only on the Xbox360 in order to make more people buy the new Xbox....I really hope this doesn't happen :lol: