Star Wars

Lord Satasn

I don't know if this has been thrown out there before, if so, sorry, but an idea has come to me. With the news of the Star Wars tv series that will be coming out, that deals with Darth Vader and what happens between episode 3 and 4....I thought that might be an even more interesting video game.

Either do it like the Jedi Knight games, or maybe even an RPG like KOTOR...

You play as Darth Vader and your party could be a mix of bounty hunters, Storm Troopers, or something more creative that I dont feel like going into.

But either way, that would be a cool idea, you play as Vader, and wipe out the rest of the jedi and etc. and take part in the jedi Purge...and maybe even report to palpatine after some missions are completed, and he can give you further knowledge....?

What do you guys think?

If they can actually manage to get the saber action right, I'm all for a JK-style game. Just imagine Vader growing tired of running after that puny Jedi and drawing his concussion cannon... :p"

But at any rate, the saber mechanics are, to me, the most important part of such a game. I don't want them to turn it into another bunny jumping, air-slashing, rollfest. That was fun, but it's got old.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Gee, thanks Jags. The one thing I needed right now was you reminding me how great is a game I'll probably never play. :p

Stop rubbing my nose, you!

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I disagree with the saber mechanics being made similar to those of the Jedi Knight Games.

It should be totally revamped to portray Vader's heavier style of fighting. In the current Jedi Knight games everyone jumps and rolls and spins around like mad. It doesn't become the dark menacing figure of Vader.

Not that I think this game will be made or anything.. :p

I disagree with the saber mechanics being made similar to those of the Jedi Knight Games.

It should be totally revamped to portray Vader's heavier style of fighting. In the current Jedi Knight games everyone jumps and rolls and spins around like mad. It doesn't become the dark menacing figure of Vader.

Read my post again! ;))

Read my post again! :ermm:)

heh, sorry, I totally breezed past the meat of your post.

Concussion blasts it is then! That and a more...engaging lightsaber combat.

I guess the reasons aren't so obvious but whatever...

I think they should handle the saber mechanics in the star wars video games from now on, using the fight night full control analog style...that would be awesome.

Dodging attacks by ducking and strafing and weaving, and then parrying the attacks and blocking, counterattacks, combos, power attacks, lowblows and illegal shots (like punching and kicking) would work fine, it's all there!

They should totally do that!

Well, that sounds like it could work (never tried that game, though), but I can see how forcing people to purchase a gamepad only to play a particular game could hurt sales.

yeah that's what people complained baout fight night at first...but if u actually play the game u get used to it and it's ALOT easier....

and it makes for a great game, and good visuals...and most of all, realistic control....

if people would complain about that system...then they need to stop complaining about hack and slash games because thats the other direction lol