Should there be a physics engine in the next Kotor  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a physics engine in the next Kotor

• Yes.
    • Only if it doesn't interfer with the game play and time permits.
    • No.

I for one am getting tired of watching my enimies cruple to the ground in the same exact way every time I kill one. A physics engine would allow for unique deaths and allow interaction with the environment. That would mean when you pick someone up and through them they hit the wall or other people. It also opens up the possibility for dismemberment. ;) Just imagine being able to go through a crowd of enemies and just watching the limbs go flying left and right. :lol: <tear comes to eye>

It also opens up the possibility for dismemberment. :thumbsup:  Just imagine being able to go through a crowd of enemies and just watching the limbs go flying left and right. :shifty:  <tear comes to eye>

I really think I could live without this. Plus, I don't think it fits with Star Wars, which is nice and cuddly and has remarkably little in the way of dismemberment given that the principle Jedi weapon seems ideal for the task.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Nice idea, but I don't think it fits with the RPG style.

"I tried the most potent Noise Amplification spell once upon a time. Mavellous spell. I could hear the birds speaking to one another in trees over the horizon, I could hear the rustlings as the clouds rubbed against each other in the sky. I could hear the sound a rainbow makes as it arches it's back over the world. Then a dog barked behind me and I burst my left eardrum."

Physics = destructable environments. Woohoo! I think it would be great if you unleashed Force Lightning in say, an office-type environment, and all the light fixtures exploded. Or if objects were knocked back along with NPCs when you use Force Push...

Cloris

I for one am getting tired of watching my enimies cruple to the ground in the same exact way every time I kill one. A physics engine would allow for unique deaths and allow interaction with the environment. That would mean when you pick someone up and through them they hit the wall or other people. It also opens up the possibility for dismemberment. :blink:  Just imagine being able to go through a crowd of enemies and just watching the limbs go flying left and right. :p  <tear comes to eye>

Enter a true Force storm / Telekenisis ;)

I for one am getting tired of watching my enimies cruple to the ground in the same exact way every time I kill one.

Does it even matter? They disappear few second after that anyway.

'real' force push sounds more like source of trouble than enhancement of gameplay... last thing i want is some guy i push become stuck in place where the game can't figure out what to do with them. :blink:

It also opens up the possibility for dismemberment. >_<  Just imagine being able to go through a crowd of enemies and just watching the limbs go flying left and right. :blink:  <tear comes to eye>

I really think I could live without this. Plus, I don't think it fits with Star Wars, which is nice and cuddly and has remarkably little in the way of dismemberment given that the principle Jedi weapon seems ideal for the task.

Have you watched Star Wars?! There's a whole lotta limb loss going on! ;):lol::lol:

Episode One: Darth Maul get cleaved in half

Episode Two: Anakin loses a hand, Jango Fett gets decapitated

Episode Four: The alien in the cantina loses his arm

Episode Five: Luke loses a hand

Episode Six: Vader loses a hand. Again.

Episode Three: *spoilers*

Anakin loses both legs and his remaining arm; Mace loses his saber hand; Count Dooku loses his hands *spoliers*

Have you watched Star Wars?!

Not for a long time, no.

There's a whole lotta limb loss going on! >_<  :blink:  ;)

Episode One: Darth Maul get cleaved in half

Episode Two: Anakin loses a hand, Jango Fett gets decapitated

Episode Four: The alien in the cantina loses his arm

Episode Five: Luke loses a hand

Episode Six: Vader loses a hand.  Again.

Episode Three: *spoilers* 

Well, OK, but relatively speaking, that's not so much, and it's only major characters in plot-important dismemberments(?). It's not the day-in day-out carnage that the original poster seemed to me to be suggesting.

that'de be awsome just using the force to hold a guy infront of you while a bad guy empties a clip into him.

And not a single DS point to be had. When you say awesome, I'm sure you mean terrible and disturbing. Wouldn't it be great if Kotor 3 could recognise whether you fought honorably, and reward you for it? And allowed you to spare your opponents more often!

And not a single DS point to be had.  When you say awesome, I'm sure you mean terrible and disturbing.  Wouldn't it be great if Kotor 3 could recognise whether you fought honorably, and reward you for it?  And allowed you to spare your opponents more often!

I'm still sort of in favor of you gaining DS points (even miniscule amounts) for using DS powers if you are a LSer. Not enough to go from Luke Skywalker to the Emperor if you use Force Lightning once or twice, but enough that it actually portrays the whole "must be able to use powers wisely" motto the Jedi employ.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I think a ragdoll physics engine and destroyable environments would add to the game in a similar way to how updating the graphics themselves would. That said, I would love to see both new graphics and the introduction of ragdoll physics, however fully destroyable environments is something I think isn't worth the development time it would take to impliment.

A proper physics engine can add a lot to a game in subtle ways, and I definitely think it would be worth it.

- Dan

Maybe what happens is determined by your alignment. If your dark side you dismember and decapitate to your hearts content. But if you are light side you prehaps just cut the blaster in half.

I don't think the shield idea would work because imagine how much energy and consentration it would take to hold and menuver the body to block blaster bolts.

Nice idea, but I don't think it fits with the RPG style.

Why?