My thoughts

I recently bought these games to replace my recently deceased SWG and i have to say that both KOTOR and KOTOR2 are really good games that look good, play well and generally have provided a grieving player with some comfort.

My only slight dissapointment was how linear they both were, I would have liked something much bigger and far less linear, more side quests and such, maybe bit like morrowmind, maybe still missing Galaxies a bit. But have to say bang up job to both bioware and ob ent. Well done and thanks guys!!

While I do enjoy large games with multiple paths and a multitude of sidequests, the problem with a game like Morrowind is that you could potentially lose yourself in the world and never feel compelled to even attempt the main quest.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

I personally hardly ever used the workbenches other than for lightsaber customisation...

In my eyes they could of sacrificed a few of the new additions for maybe another planet, which wasnt tied to the main plot?

I personally hardly ever used the workbenches other than for lightsaber customisation...

While I, on the other hand, used them frequently...

In my eyes they could of sacrificed a few of the new additions for maybe another planet, which wasnt tied to the main plot?

I don't think anything has to be sacrificed (except due to time limits) if enough effort is put into the development phase...

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

While I, on the other hand, used them frequently...

I don't think anything has to be sacrificed (except due to time limits) if enough effort is put into the development phase...

I'm not one that generally likes cut game content, however we all know the current game system is being tested to its physical limits, and it shows (lock-ups and framerate drops).

But i would rather a deeper story or to be more immersive all in all...

Opinion, not popular belief but there we go :ermm:

*hint to dev's* more planets / workbench options :blink:

KotOR 2 would have been better if OE just took the existing engine and added more planets and threaded them together with a robust narrative with plenty of off-the-beaten-track dalliances for further game play.

(To be fair, OE tried this with the Influence system, but I feel the good idea never translated into its full potential and seemed less effective than the side-quest mechanism in the first game.)

I didn't think the extra bangs-and-whistles added to the sequel's engine were worth the effort; certainly if I didn't know they existed I wouldn't have missed them.

I did like the narrative of the sequel. I liked the shades of grey in the plot. I liked the excellence shown in the scripts where it was not always as clear to decide if a response was lilly-white or pitch-black. However, I didn't think it was completed; there were more holes than just the dangling plots of obvious cliff-hangers that beg the additional sequel question; certainly I would have liked more flesh on the bones of the main story. It was almost like there was a standing order to say as little as possible about the significant and mundane aspects of the narartive; the result was a paucity of minuti

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Obsidian did have to work under difficult circumstances though. I think they tried to encompass so many possibilities and outcomes from KOTOR that they actually compromised the plot slightly.

I do love the overall story arch of the series though, two contrasting characters, war veterans, shaped by the horrors of their shared past (the mandalorian wars i.e Vietnam in space) both separated, but bound by the force and their converging fates.

As for all this true sith business, that's all way over my fabulously maintained head, I'm afraid.