Why are we....

We have we been limited to the outer rim in the Kotor series. It is always outer rim this or outer rim that. What are they just to lazy to do the core worlds or are they afraid of something. Has LA put a ban on the core worlds. I for one demand core worlds in the next game.

I sure hope we can go to Coruscant in KOTOR III. I would like to explore the Jedi temple, especially the room of One Thousand Fountains (or something like that). You should start out as a Jedi in training (I like earning my way to the class of Jedi like in KOTOR I), and then you get sent out to find Revan.

BTW, would anyone like to see a master/padawan type of thing in KOTOR III?

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

Core worlds are lame (except for Coruscant).

All the good stuff (Tatoo, Hoth, Kessel, Y'toub systems etc), are on the Outer Rim or Hutt space.

Exactly. Even the movies, the main planets that we see action take place on (aside from Coruscant) are mainly Outer Rim, or atleast not necessarily Core worlds.

Bespin, Hoth, Endor, Naboo, Geonosis, etc. are not within the Core.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I have a creeping feeling that if they do make a third game and you do start out as a PAdawan you'll be on Dantooine not Coruscant.

I don't think so. Of course, you could be right, but I think the reappearance of Dantooine in Kotor 2 is more to do with saving effort to meet a tight deadline than anything else. Kotor 3 will have a new engine, and hopefully entirely new locations too. As for precisely where, it depends what kind of shape the Republic is in by that time. If the whole thing really does collapse, maybe the Core worlds will be interestingly chaotic after all.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I wish we could go to Corellia, where is that ? in the core ? I heard it's a system with 5 habitable planets that have been moved in the inner orbit. Alot of the ships in SW, namely the falcon and the imperial cruisers are corellian designs. Han Solo is a corellian, and he dosen't really care about the conflict because Corellia is powerful enough not to care about it.

Core worlds are lame (except for Coruscant).

All the good stuff (Tatoo, Hoth, Kessel, Y'toub systems etc), are on the Outer Rim or Hutt space.

Ah, yes, but the core worlds could easily be intravenously infused with fun/interest, but with what you say?

In the position of being a core world, there is an unmistakeable chance that it a swarming glalactic marketplace. So, say you're running an organized crime syndicate, like some of you probably are, a great investment oppurtunity would present itself in the form of vast reward from the benefits of the increased movement of people/goods/ideas.

So, something "bad" would definitely be under something "good", and some history has proven this. And the chaos you demand will overrule the tranquil one you have tired of. However, the one thing not wanted with this is, my opinion of course, another underworld, like in KotOR. I would also not like another Davik, just maybe another Go-To. But I don't know.

P.S. Hopefully that makes sense.

I have a creeping feeling that if they do make a third game and you do start out as a PAdawan you'll be on Dantooine not Coruscant.

I'm beginning to hate that place...

Haha, amen to that.

How can it start there, there's nothing left of that place.

They can always rebuild it. (The tree in the middle of the conclave seemed more than symbolic, I think it might be an integral part of the Jedi consciousness, so they'd have to incorporate it into the next Jedi conclave. And maybe the tree is ancient and impossible to move. And maybe it is huge, multi-dimensional being, with only a fraction of this dimensional bit visible above the surface of the planet ...)

its just a creeping feeling kind of like when you know you shouldn't do something but you do it anyway.

Like say when your girl friend says its either me or Star Wars and you say Star Wars.

Don't worry, it is patently obvious you never liked her anyway. :thumbsup:

Ah, yes, but the core worlds could easily be intravenously infused with fun/interest, but with what you say?

In the position of being a core world, there is an unmistakeable chance that it a swarming glalactic marketplace. So, say you're running an organized crime syndicate, like some of you probably are, a great investment oppurtunity would present itself in the form of vast reward from the benefits of the increased movement of people/goods/ideas.

So, something "bad" would definitely be under something "good", and some history has proven this. And the chaos you demand will overrule the tranquil one you have tired of. However, the one thing not wanted with this is, my opinion of course, another underworld, like in KotOR. I would also not like another Davik, just maybe another Go-To. But I don't know.

P.S. Hopefully that makes sense.

You make a valid point. There is opportunity to have a grey/black culture amongst/beneath the visible one that people are overtly aware of; in such an environment there is scope for all the moral dilemmas required for stocking a good story. (Don't tell me the bit of Coruscant that Obi-Wan and Anakin chase the assassin through in AotC is a nice middle-class suburb!)

The main obstacle that I see is a practical one; the engine has not been robust enough to have more than a dozen NPCs on the screen at once and a market place on the Core worlds would be teeming with lifeforms. That said, I'm sure the Jedi conclave on Coruscant would be self-contained enough to have a section of the narrative located there: it would be similar to the Taris bases.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

You make a valid point. There is opportunity to have a grey/black culture amongst/beneath the visible one that people are overtly aware of; in such an environment there is scope for all the moral dilemmas required for stocking a good story. (Don't tell me the bit of Coruscant that Obi-Wan and Anakin chase the assassin through in AotC is a nice middle-class suburb!)

The main obstacle that I see is a practical one; the engine has not been robust enough to have more than a dozen NPCs on the screen at once and a market place on the Core worlds would be teeming with lifeforms. That said, I'm sure the Jedi conclave on Coruscant would be self-contained enough to have a section of the narrative located there: it would be similar to the Taris bases.

Of course not, it was more of a gated community.

The engine could, and probably will, be replaced with one for the next gen consoles, or at least I hope so, for time is of no meaning to me.