Scene Anatomies of Star Wars Saga

Volourn

Just reading one of my usual haunts, and the fellow has a short series of articles discussing a scene each from Episodes 1, 2, 4, 5, and 6. Good stuff espicially on the E2 scene after Anakin slaughters the Tuskan Raiders between him and Padme. Makes one see the dialogue there in a new light..

Here they are:

A New Hope: http://www.411mania.com/movies/columns/art...columns_id=3899

The Phantom Menace: http://www.411mania.com/movies/columns/art...columns_id=3865

Attack of the Clones: http://www.411mania.com/movies/columns/art...columns_id=3883

Empire Strikes Back: http://www.411mania.com/movies/columns/art...columns_id=2972

Return of the Jedi: http://www.411mania.com/movies/columns/art...columns_id=3393

Good stuff. :-

Check it out if you want. :-

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

:o

You there, fanboy!

:D

Who was Volourn? That old guy who was also in Priscilla, Queen of the Desert?

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Thanks Volourn :o

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Thanks Volourn.......you where right, the best thing there is the explanation on the ep2 scene between Anakin and Padme after Anakin slaughters the Tuskan Raiders.....shows a totaly new perspective on the scene and on the love issue between Padme and Anakin...

Thanks again.... :o

Bollocks. You can come up with as many profound interpretations of SW as you like, but its all just as meaningles as trying to polish a turd.

With Lucas, what you see is all there is.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

"Bollocks. You can come up with as many profound interpretations of SW as you like, but its all just as meaningles as trying to polish a turd."

I hope those blinder you wear are worth it... And, oh, how many times have you seen E3 so far? 1? 3? 5? Hahaha.

Everyone Else: :o

Well, Im sure I can come up with a devastatingly deep and ambitious intepretation of Rambo III from a geopolitical perspective, but in the end.. its just a dumb action film and nothing more. If the writer/director doesnt intend a film to have a deeper meaning, its folly to try and find one.

And Ive only seen RotS once, and I wont be seeing it again on the big screen.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Sometimes it's good that the 'deeper meaning'sn't forced down the viewer's throat. That way one can see the film has just entertianment or if they want soemthing meaningful. Hey, I used to not be a big fna of thats cene; but reading said article does put another spin on what Lucas waspossibly trying to accomplish with that scene. Good stuff. :)

Your hate for a man that you willing throw your money at is hilarious.

LONG LIVE LUCAS!

"If the writer/director doesnt intend a film to have a deeper meaning"

You have no way of knowing what a writer/director truly intends. One can only watch the scene and detemrine it. Remember, most movies often take multiple vieiwngs to get the overall menaing as you see it from different angles. Since I only tend to watch these films once, or twice at max; I don't always get the big stuff. This article shows that scene's awesomeness and a very plausible purpose.

I dont hate Lucas, Im just saying that Star Wars isnt exactly "The 400 blows"

..and I have good reason to be against this "turning a film up and down to find a deeper meaning that isnt there" stuff. I wrote a paper in Uni about Bergmans "Persona"(1962) doing a deep analysis of the intro sequence. Then a month later I read an interview with Bergman in which he says it was just some damn random phootage he threw together to make it more artsy, he didnt mean squat with it :D In fact he partially did it to "give those damn brainless film critics something to fuss about"

... and I have good reason to be against this "turning a film up and down to find a deeper meaning that isnt there" stuff. I wrote a paper in Uni about Bergmans "Persona"(1962) doing a deep analysis of the intro sequence. Then a month later I read an interview with Bergman in which he says it was just some damn random phootage he threw together to make it more artsy, he didnt mean squat with it :D In fact he partially did it to "give those damn brainless film critics something to fuss about"

:))

LOL True. Sometimes, you never. Perhaps, subconciously, he was trying to say something deep and meaningful. (w00t)

That is a very Jungian concept, and one I happen to feel mirrors a lot of experiences in my life ... I dunno about this Force malarky in SW, but I have seen my partner's intuition working ... looks more and more like Luke's vision in ESB every day ... :cool:

And I'd be lying if I said that I fully understood every nuance of my work upon release; yet somehow all the nuances are in keeping with the themes.

As to the nature of this phenomenon, I would sooner believe there is some subconscious overseer working than, well, super-sensory "group supra-consciousness", but as of yet I haven't been able to decide either way ...

(... or it could be delusional narcisistic hubris ...)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

(... or it could be delusional narcisistic hubris ...)

It's a realization like that which gives speculation it's value, in my opinion. Acknowledging the potential uselessness of such thoughts is what makes them useful.

The Tao that can be described is not the true Tao.

Or something,

Cloris