Hidden Kreia fall movie (ala Emperor/ROTJ style)

Referring to this movie here:

SWKotOR2\Movies\MalMov10.bik

Anyone know how that movie gets played within the game?

Near as I can tell it was meant to be another way that Kreia could be killed.

Poking through the dialog files, it seems that the NPC's were meant to be able to kill Kreia without the help of the Exile, or perhaps the Exile is captured/incapacitated. There's a dialog with them talking about rushing her and knocking her off the platform, which does seem to correlate to that particular movie.

NB: I've never completed the game playing DS, so I could just be missing out on this movie for that reason.

Yeah that's a video for the Dark Siders. I've only done it once, and enjoyed watching that video.  :-

Cheers for that. Was getting ahead of myself doing the dialogue file poking around thing.

I never saw the movie when playing the game, then when I saw the various NPC's discussion about doing the same sort of thing, I had wondered if it was just another victim of cut content.

On a side note - I cannot bring myself to play the game though as DS. I got as far as Telos (Peragus not having any real NPC contact) but all the killing of innocents just didn't sit well with me. Yes. I know it's only a game and they're not real people, but I just find it in myself to enjoy role-playing an evil character.

Being evil is great.

What can I say. I'm an idealist and I don't agree.

This may help to explain the reasons for my point of view:

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?sh...ndpost&p=355675

Whether you are an idealist or not, being evil is -- from a certain point of view -- a lot of fun. You get to be totally self-indugent. Think of Bill Murray's Christopher Cross (Scrooge) character in Scrooged: he had a ball saying everything he felt like saying to people without having to be politically correct. Or Jim Carey's lawyer in Liar Liar (the Board Room scene) :)) ...

Even though I prefer not to be evil, there is a case to answer: the society would be Hobbesian, (i.e. according to the thought experiment propounded in Leviathan -- bellum omnium contra omnes -- life would be "solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short"); but if you were the strongest, life would be very good -- while you remained so. (Very unfair, but then life is not that fair even though we try hard to make it so ...)

Being evil is a moral choice, not (necessarily) an ignorant one. That was one of the conclusions to George Orwell's 1984. For a sociopath there is no downside: they have no empathy for the weaker members of the society and therefore don't identify with their suffering.

Don't get me wrong, the Hobbesian society is one that I would not like to live in, even if I were strongest; an indifferent society is a very lonely one. And that doesn't encompass the postive (emotional/spiritual) growth engendered in a positive feedback loop in a warm, supportive environment.

But, what would be worse is thinking one lives in a fair society when everyone else is working with the doctrine of "Modern Natural Right" ... <_<

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Actually being evil is quite difficult, in K2 anyway... I want high influence with all my henchmen (I wish to drag them down to my level) and so I've had to take quite a few LS hits when talking to people like Disciple and T3, and doing good deeds in order to convert Bao-Dur etc to the Dark Side.

I normally play a saint, and so in evil games I usually find the first couple of hours quite difficult - not really because of the reasons outlined in the above posts, more because it's against my own natural alignment and not 'what I would do'. Sadly, after those couple of hours I usually get right into it, and depending on the game in question (Arcanum, Fallout etc) have been known to slaughter entire towns, cackling nastily as I do it. On some level I think I should find this disturbing...

So, is this movie unlockable at all? I really wish I'd bought the PC version, you know....

Yeah that's a video for the Dark Siders. I've only done it once, and enjoyed watching that video.  :devil:

Hmmm... I've played DS once, but got the same last-hour-or-two as a LSer. How did you get it?

did you kill the Jedi Masters? Did Kreia give you the "you are a failure" speech?

Well, how about did you get Force Crush?

Master Vandar lives!

I normally play a saint, and so in evil games I usually find the first couple of hours quite difficult - not really because of the reasons outlined in the above posts, more because it's against my own natural alignment and not 'what I would do'.

Oh, I do play "good" as is my "natural" alignment too. I just also have real life experiences that re-inforces that my point of view is correct that the "dark side" is ultimately weaker. I feel quite justified in never walking the "dark path".

I simply could not stand it. Every time I conversed or interacted with anyone while as DS, it was like forcing myself to do or say the opposite of what I would normally do, and it really grated, and I just could never get into enjoying it, even at a "guilty joy" level.

Bah. Maybe I'm just emotionally stunted when it comes to that sort of thing. Dunno. Still enjoyed movies like Pulp Fiction though. Go figure.