Help, Handmaiden won't talk to me!

OK, so I am playing a Darkside Male, the first go-round I was a light side male, and I got the 'romance' with Visas.

this time I wanted the romance with Handmaiden, and to see what she looks like when she is fully darkside.

After Telos, I went to Dantooine, and did everything EXCEPT find Mast Vrook(gonna go back later).

Next I went to Nar Shadaa, because I want to make Atton a Jedi. but I go back to the ship in the middle of my questing on Nar Shadaa, and I get a cutscene of Handmaiden and Visas arguing. and now Handmaiden won't talk to me.

well, she will, but she yells at me, and every single conversation path that comes from this ends with her refusing to talk to me anymore.

is there any way out of this? By the way, I am fully darkside, just shy of DS Mastery at this point.

or am I screwed?

You have more influence with Visa probably. It is way to easy to get influence with her...

probably true.

but now I can't raise influence with Handmaiden because she's angry and won't talk to me. I don't even get the "Can you Teach me more Fighting Moves" option when I talk to her now. all I get is yelled at.

This happened because at a certain point, you had significantly more influence with Visas than with Handmaiden. Once it's done, it's done, there's no way out (as far as I know) unless you restore an earlier game. Don't look at it as a mistake, but rather as one way the game can play out. Next time through, take care to keep your influence with Handmaiden higher, and you'll have a different experience.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

This happened because at a certain point, you had significantly more influence with Visas than with Handmaiden.  Once it's done, it's done, there's no way out (as far as I know) unless you restore an earlier game.  Don't look at it as a mistake, but rather as one way the game can play out.  Next time through, take care to keep your influence with Handmaiden higher, and you'll have a different experience.

if I DON'T talk to Handmaiden, and go out and lose a good amount of influence from Visas, will handmaiden talk to me then? or is it that once I've reached that threshold (of significantly more influence with Visas) then handmaiden stops talking, no matter what I do?

As far as I know, once you've upset her and triggered the 'not talking to you' response, there's no going back. If you restore a game before that and do something to improve your influence before you return to the Ebon Hawk, that should work.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Your going to have to be mean and brutal to Visa. Treat her as a slave. Or just use the save game editor.

what does the save game editor do. I suppose since I beat the game already (dissapointed with the LS ending though, was too fast), It wouldn't go against my conscience to look into it.

ok I must have really screwed up.

I used the savegame editor to set Handmaiden's influence as MUCH higher than Visas.....

and Handmaiden STILL won't talk to me.

grrrrr.

*edit* set Handmaiden's Influence at 100, Visas at ZERO.

handmaiden's appearance changed, but I still get the same stupid dialogue options. all of which end in "This is the end for us." or "Stay with her then."

grrrrr.

can I kill Handmaiden at some point in the game?

I used the savegame editor to set Handmaiden's influence as MUCH higher than Visas.....

grrrrr.

*edit*  set Handmaiden's Influence at 100, Visas at ZERO.

handmaiden's appearance changed, but I still get the same stupid dialogue options.  all of which end in "This is the end for us." or "Stay with her then."

grrrrr.

Nope. You can get INF gains with her, but she'll never forgive you. The game pretty much plays out the same--maybe even more logically--but she was certainly a lot less interesting. Meh. I played the game four times before and never knew about that little 'problem' until the last one, when I was concentrating on making Atton and Bao-Dur jedi in record time, thinking I could always finish up with HM. Coulda knocked me right over.

grrrrr.

handmaiden's appearance changed, but I still get the same stupid dialogue options.  all of which end in "This is the end for us." or "Stay with her then."

grrrrr.

Nope. You can get INF gains with her, but she'll never forgive you. The game pretty much plays out the same--maybe even more logically--but she was certainly a lot less interesting. Meh. I played the game four times before and never knew about that little 'problem' until the last one, when I was concentrating on making Atton and Bao-Dur jedi in record time, thinking I could always finish up with HM. Coulda knocked me right over.

oh well. guess I'll just ignore her then, and worry about making Atton/Bao-Dur Jedi, and getting my HK-47 back online.

have to reset her and Visas influence though.

oh well, was worth a shot.

grrrrr.

grrrrr.

In the savegame editor, do not play with Visa's or Handmaiden's influence. You rather have to set the global numeric variable "000_Women_Trouble" to "0". That will solve it.

OK, so I am playing a Darkside Male, the first go-round I was a light side male, and I got the 'romance' with Visas.

this time I wanted the romance with Handmaiden, and to see what she looks like when she is fully darkside.

After Telos, I went to Dantooine, and did everything EXCEPT find Mast Vrook(gonna go back later).

Next I went to Nar Shadaa, because I want to make Atton a Jedi.  but I go back to the ship in the middle of my questing on Nar Shadaa, and I get a cutscene of Handmaiden and Visas arguing.  and now Handmaiden won't talk to me.

well, she will, but she yells at me, and every single conversation path that comes from this ends with her refusing to talk to me anymore.

is there any way out of this? By the way, I am fully darkside, just shy of DS Mastery at this point.

or am I screwed?

What's the cutscene like?

manthing2.jpg

grrrrr.

grrrrr.

In the savegame editor, do not play with Visa's or Handmaiden's influence. You rather have to set the global numeric variable "000_Women_Trouble" to "0". That will solve it.

the variable was already set at "0".

guess I'm just stuck with it then.

• 3 weeks later...

I found the solution to the Handmaiden problem, when she gets angry at you and there is nothing you can do to solve it.

My solution was to use the kotor savegame editor (KSE) and modify the saved game in the -globals-numeric.

Basically I think I changed all the parameters related to the handmaiden to 0 and the hand_love to 1. I also changed the influence in the character section to 100.

I've tweaked with it several times until I found the right combination of parameters, but I was able to recover the handmaiden.

Now she is a mean jedi fighting machine!!!

After talking to the HM she was admiring my body and stuff. Then I spoke to kreia and she told me that HM could become a jedi. Then I went back to talk to HM and turn her into a jedi, and kreia was pissed.

Next I went to Nar Shadaa, because I want to make Atton a Jedi.  but I go back to the ship in the middle of my questing on Nar Shadaa, and I get a cutscene of Handmaiden and Visas arguing.  and now Handmaiden won't talk to me.

or am I screwed?

It's almost similar to the Atton/Disciple scene... Handmaiden gets all pissy, but Visas disarms her by being reasonable.

If you trigger this one (by having more INF with Visas, you can also see the Mira/Handmaiden scene (which is the same as the Mira/female PC dialog about men).

Also, if you have much more INF with Visas than Handmaiden, you can trigger two cutscenes between Handmaiden/Kreia, where Kreia basically says she didn't try hard enough to keep the PC from the darkside/being corrupted by Visas.

or am I screwed?

It's almost similar to the Atton/Disciple scene... Handmaiden gets all pissy, but Visas disarms her by being reasonable.

If you trigger this one (by having more INF with Visas, you can also see the Mira/Handmaiden scene (which is the same as the Mira/female PC dialog about men).

Also, if you have much more INF with Visas than Handmaiden, you can trigger two cutscenes between Handmaiden/Kreia, where Kreia basically says she didn't try hard enough to keep the PC from the darkside/being corrupted by Visas.

just a question out of curiosity, if I have full influence with all 3 ladies, would I not get the cat fight cut scenes? the closest thing I've got to a team member being jealous was when Atton talked to the Handmaiden and told her to stay away from my LS PC (and something like "if I know the first tier of your moves, I would know your rituals").

just a question out of curiosity, if I have full influence with all 3 ladies, would I not get the cat fight cut scenes? the closest thing I've got to a team member being jealous was when Atton talked to the Handmaiden and told her to stay away from my LS PC (and something like "if I know the first tier of your moves, I would know your rituals").

Probably not. I read somewhere that you need at least 15 points (on scale of 100) more influence with Visas than Handmaiden. Use the Kotor savegame editor to check your influence (and alter it :( if you don't want to replay).

Probably not. I read somewhere that you need at least 15 points (on scale of 100) more influence with Visas than Handmaiden. Use the Kotor savegame editor to check your influence (and alter it  :wub: if you don't want to replay).

lol, looks like i'll have to replay, cos I've got the game on XB. :)

• 18 years later...

This is an old thread but it's the best one online. Besides clearing the triggers the normal 000_hand triggers and setting an influence gap, I found I also had to reset:

000_hand_finale [1 to 0]
003EBO_visas_hand [was 3, to 0]

I also cleared the CUT_ scenes between handmaiden and Kreia just to be safe. Clearing hand_finale resets the "I have nothing to say to you dialogue, but it did not clear the dialogue tree that leads to it when HM is upset. Resetting visas_hand finally did it for me.

• 2 weeks later...