Handmaiden vs. Visas

Who did you pick as a frequent travelling companion and love interest?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Who did you pick as a frequent travelling companion and love interest?

• Visas Marr
    • Handmaiden(what was her real name again?)

Interestingly we all seem pretty obsessed with both Handmaiden and Visas. However I seem to only be able to pick Visas as a love interest (played that game 3 times - didnt make a difference). What are you supposed to do to get handmaiden instead.

I'd like to have Handmaiden as a love interest.

Sadly, she became peeved and refused to talk to my character for the rest of the game. But it wasn't my fault... :p

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

I suppose I'd prefer to travel with Visas, as I could help build up her confidence and independence. I'm such a useless traveller, constantly getting lost or missing buses and planes, she'd get completely exasperated. I don't think 'My life for yours' would last very long, thank goodness.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Thats an interesting line of thought, Steve. I think that the every day occupation thing would be the hardest thing about living with Visas. She cant watch TV, read or fiddle with the PC, what would you do then after the days battles are done? There's always charging up her loading ramp, but doing that for several hours each evening would leave both of us quite sore.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I reckon Handmaiden was better than Visas, although they were both pretty good. Handmaiden tops it for me not just because of the whole underware fighting thing (although that was a major factor) but i became more immersed in her storyline and the way she "betrays" Atris ect.

"I tried the most potent Noise Amplification spell once upon a time. Mavellous spell. I could hear the birds speaking to one another in trees over the horizon, I could hear the rustlings as the clouds rubbed against each other in the sky. I could hear the sound a rainbow makes as it arches it's back over the world. Then a dog barked behind me and I burst my left eardrum."

Well, since I wasnt turned on by the whole 'fighting in underwear' thing with the Handmaiden, I think I'm completely unbiased when I say that I preferred Visas.

She just came across as less two-dimensional and far more interesting... not to mention that they chose the right voice actress for the job.

Plus, she had really pretty lips... :thumbsup:

DL

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

she had really pretty lips...  :o

:shifty:

-Isnt it difficult to know which lipstick color to choose when you can only see through the force?

-No, on Miraluka, all cosmetic products are marked with special force-braille.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I go with Visas... all that naked fighting with the Handmaiden will be dangerous after a bit.. specially when you get trough the 8 or 10 tier of learning.. Imagine.. by then you will be fighting with chains as underwear.. and using the lightsabers to spank each other in the * A$$ *... :o

Im just sad that noone seems to have gotten my excellent braille joke :)

..it took me at least a minute to prepare and post, you know.

Blind people can watch TV and use PCs. Amazingly enough they can divert and entertain themselves just as well as the sighted people around them, ime.

I like Visas better. Handmaiden had all the personality of a stone, to me. She was rigid and seemed to have little concept of any kind of grey area in anything. It was like conversing with an arrogant preteen in the body of a nearly-naked woman.

Well, since I wasnt turned on by the whole 'fighting in underwear' thing with the Handmaiden, I think I'm completely unbiased when I say that I preferred Visas.

She just came across as less two-dimensional and far more interesting... not to mention that they chose the right voice actress for the job.

Plus, she had really pretty lips...  :p

I thought the Handmaiden backstory was better done: I found the whole Visas betrayal of her former Master very similar to the numerous previous attempts, with Bastila etc.

Also, Visas reminded me too much of Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction ...

Im just sad that noone seems to have gotten my excellent braille joke :(

I didn't think they had cosmetics or even female-suitable clothing in that galaxy so far, far away. GL didn't permit Carrie Fisher to wear a brasier, and I would have to assume that is because of his artistic integrity ... :)"

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Blind people can watch TV and use PCs.  Amazingly enough they can divert and entertain themselves just as well as the sighted people around them, ime.

I like Visas better.  Handmaiden had all the personality of a stone, to me.  She was rigid and seemed to have little concept of any kind of grey area in anything. 

"Was I any different, when you taught me?" a certain Obi-Wan Kenobi in ESB. She was limited, but that gave her character places to grow, which (if you reach the Brianna conclusion) she certainly does do. Just compare her to her sisters; even at first she was curious and didn't take your opinion without question.

It was like conversing with an arrogant preteen in the body of a nearly-naked woman.

"... Only now, young Skywalker, do you understand ... "

... the true demographic that she was trying to capture ... :D

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

yuO are correct.

..and how do blind people watch TV?

My guess would be just to listen to the dialogue, but as television is a audio-visual medium, so much would be missed without one or the other as to render it almost unintelligible (not really, but you get my point). I actually once did an experiment where I watched a show three times: once with just the picture, once with just the sound, and finally with both. The first time I could tell their mood but missed the narrative. In the second, I got the gist of the tale but missed the subtleties captured in body language, etc. Only in the third with both aspects does it come together and give you the full experience.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

My guess would be just to listen to the dialogue, but as television is a visual medium (thus the vision in the name), so much would be missed as to render it almost unintelligible. I actually once listened to a show without the picture and then really watched it. The first time I got the gist of the tale but missed the subtleties captured in body language, etc. shown in the second viewing.

That is actually a good exercise to practise reading body language: watch the tv with no sound. (90%-ish of communication is non-verbal for us people creatures.)

Naturally, people who are signt impaired listen to an augmented broadcast with the stage directions vocalized. Or plug in their trusty braille-socket to their tv.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

XD

The wonders of technology! metadigital is exactly right. If you're curious, do a search for adaptive technology for the blind. Adaptive technology is amazing.

Or, the low tech version, they snuggle up with a good friend and watch. And certain kinds of shows (discussion, for example) lend themselves better to non-sighted watching.

Those one might consider to be impaired at a cursory glance are likely not as impaired as one might believe, especially in a technological age.

Also since Visas Marr was in fact a Miraluka, surely the human exile is genetically different.

Does anyone know if it's socially acceptable to have a relationship with someone from a different species in the Star Wars Galaxy?

As far as i know it never happens in the films anyway.

On that point is Handmaiden a different species, being echani?

Surely a puzzling concept indeed........ <_<

"I tried the most potent Noise Amplification spell once upon a time. Mavellous spell. I could hear the birds speaking to one another in trees over the horizon, I could hear the rustlings as the clouds rubbed against each other in the sky. I could hear the sound a rainbow makes as it arches it's back over the world. Then a dog barked behind me and I burst my left eardrum."

I believe that most humanoids (the ones without different colored skin, etc,) are subsets of one specie. While there would be genetic drift, they should be able to mate in most cases. Whether Miraluka are considered a human subspecies is unknown to me.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had