Baldurs Gate TUTU

roshan

This is a program that converts the Baldurs Gate 1 content to the Baldurs gate 2 engine...

So it has the art, music, dialogue, story, plot etc of baldurs gate 1, with all the advanced features of baldurs gate 2 including kits, half orcs, barbarians, higher resolution etc.

There are also a lot of good mods for tutu including an npc project that adds bg2 style banters and quests to the bg npcs.

Play this now!!!!! Its icredible.

Its a shame that you have to use the BG2 art, because the BG armor and such is so much better.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

This actually sounds kinda good. I always had certain disgust for BG, because of the lack of choices during character creation. Not to mention the lack of bantering. Booyah!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Tutu has been around for a long time, but afaik as the versions have gone by its become a lot more stable and bug free.

There is a mod for tutu that restores the paperdolls back to the bg1 ones, and those have been updated to show things such as dual wielding and others. The only problem is that the character avatars use the ridiculous looking shields of bg2/how/iwd2. Another mod restores combat sounds and spell castings sounds back to those of bg.

I wanted to play an elf archer, but i wasnt sure whether to use the archer ranger kit or a fighter archer kit that this mod added, in the end i went with the ranger version as its cool to be a ranger in the forests of baldurs gate 1. Im planning to get npcs like faldorn, jaheira and kivan and make a wilderness party.

I just returned to candlekeep after gorion was killed, and talked to the keeper of the portal, and imoen interjected! The dialogue was quite good. It definitely adds a lot to the experience.

I didn't have enough memory (or whatever it's called) to do a full install of BG1. :thumbsup: I was so looking forward to being able to play BG1 (my third favourite game) with higher resolution and faster walking speed.

I actually said I would never play BG1 again after the last time I ran through the game a couple of years ago. I played it for 2 years straight when it was released, and that was enough. But I have to admit Tutu does sound enticing, and I agree with Roshan I

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

I think its definitely worth it... tutu really improves the bg1 experience and the new mods add a lot.

One of the reasons why I didnt play tutu before was because it would be the same experience in a different engine, however now that there are good mods for it i thought ill give it a try.

yea adding banter packs and the other work that's been done on it is impressive. I feel a download coming on

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

There is a mod for tutu that restores the paperdolls back to the bg1 ones, and those have been updated to show things such as dual wielding and others. The only problem is that the character avatars use the ridiculous looking shields of bg2/how/iwd2. Another mod restores combat sounds and spell castings sounds back to those of bg.

I wanted to play an elf archer, but i wasnt sure whether to use the archer ranger kit or a fighter archer kit that this mod added, in the end i went with the ranger version as its cool to be a ranger in the forests of baldurs gate 1. Im planning to get npcs like faldorn, jaheira and kivan and make a wilderness party.

I just returned to candlekeep after gorion was killed, and talked to the keeper of the portal, and imoen interjected! The dialogue was quite good. It definitely adds a lot to the experience.

Is this all standard on the latest version of TUTU? If not, got link?

No, its not, although IMO it should be.

tutusound  - http://www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index.php...d=143&Itemid=98

1 pixel productions - http://forums.forgottenwars.net/index.php?showforum=159

AFAIK these mods should also work on bg2.

the following is a complete modlist for tutu: http://modlist.pocketplane.net/index.php?ax=list&cat_id=98

I may just try these, especially if they're supposed to work with SoA!

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Did you install tutu into the bg2 directory? the setup - tutu file should be in your bg2 directory in the main folder with the baldurs gate 2 exe file.

Also, you need full installs of both games.

And, did you install both games on the default directories? If not then you need to change one of the tutu files and put the path you installed it in.

Another thing is that the games need to be the patched versions. The official patch is required and baldurdash is recommended.

Yes, actually I did all you said, twice.

2 things though.

* You were not supposed to patch Bg1 if you had Bg1 - The Original Saga (whatever that is). I have the original Bg1 on a DVD. Is that the Original Saga?

* You were supposed to download a small file and put it in the bg1tutu/bg1-override folder if you didn't have TotsC installed. I downloaded this file, but it was saved as a .txt file. There was a direct link to it, but I don't know if it was supposed to be a .txt. file. This is the link to the file: http://home.arcor.de/varana/RNDEQUIP.2DA.

It still just blinks, maybe it's one of the 2 things above I did wrong.

N.

Ok,, I finally got the bg1tutu.exe to run properly, however, when I get to the language-section, and choose American, I get this Microsoft error-window, Report/ Don't Report, and the cmd-window shows:

SET_STRING 73247 out of range 0 -- 62169

SET_STRING 73245 out of range 0 -- 62169

Backing up override, dialog.tlk and chitin.key...

Then it just closes.

Any ideas?

N.