am i the only one that loved that ending?

the ending just wasnt coherent, and you didnt really get any choice in ur doings after dantooine, it was just defend telos-what if dont want too? and kill nihilus-didnt even get anything good out of it, even in K1 when i killed that pansy bandon i got a lightsaber and armor

I agree 100% with the last part of that, I wanted some cool stuff....nihilus mask would have been awesome to wear...why would they give you that and not have the option to wear it if you were a darksider by then....

they should give you greater rewards nexttime....all we got this time around was a lecture by kreia b4 she threw herself into the unknown...

A trick to like te ending:

LISTEN TO WHAT THE JEDI MASTERS HAVE TO SAY ON LS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not only the sad music makes soothes but the thing with kreia interupting is great... I wish the game had more moments like this...

Jedi master:"You were broken"

Kreia: " you were hole"

And so on.

Will...stop bumping old treads!

I don't know how can one even judge such incoherent ending. We arrive at Malachor V, we're alone and we don't know why. There is some story arc with Remote and Goto and Mira which just let us wonder what the f*ck are this doing there unresolved. The Ebon Hawk falls and seems to be destroyed and is almost shiny when finishing the game on LS.

The story is great until meeting the Jedi Council on Dantooine. Then it become poor, obviously rushed and unpolished and totally unworthy of an Obsidian/BIS game. It could have been far far worse, but the fact is here : the game is NOT finished.

Is this a clumsy effort to push down that Ultimate Cheat thread, Jodo? If so, it is in very poor taste, and I shall see to it that it is bumped first thing in the morning.

:thumbsup: , i'm just saying its annoying that he keeps bumping 7 month old threads :-

I'm... actually with Jodo on this one. :blink: It's getting on my last nerve personally. It clutters up the board with old threads full of question from members who are long gone and will never recieve his answer anyway.

sig2.gif

Is this a clumsy effort to push down that Ultimate Cheat thread, Jodo? If so, it is in very poor taste, and I shall see to it that it is bumped first thing in the morning.

:p , i'm just saying its annoying that he keeps bumping 7 month old threads :wub:

I'm... actually with Jodo on this one. :( It's getting on my last nerve personally. It clutters up the board with old threads full of question from members who are long gone and will never recieve his answer anyway.

What's to say others won't find the thread interesting?v Isn't it better than to start up a completely new thread, which is an option so preached against?

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

Well, I was disappointed by the ending, although not so much as others have seemed to be.

My problem didn't lie with what was there so much as what wasn't there, such as particularly the awkward disappearance of most of the other party members. I geniunely enjoyed what was done with the final confrontation with Kreia and I thought the atmosphere of Malachor V and the Trayus Academy was great, but it certainly felt like more should have happened. Not in a forced "there should have been an epic battle there" sense (as I actually loved the darker and "quieter" approach), but simply in the sense of bringing the other party members into the picture and...just...allowing more events to occur.

I suppose that outlook of mine would apply to the climax as a whole, from the reunion of the Jedi Masters on Dantooine onward, rather than only Malachor V, actually. Still, as I said, my problem was not with what was there. It simply felt like there should have been more to it, like there was a rush from event to event, even though I truly enjoyed what events there were.

The "cliffhanger" aspect of the ending didn't bother me much at all, though. Sure, I can't guarantee that there'll be a Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic III, but the ending was obviously crafted assuming there would be (and there's no guarantee that there won't be at this point either) and I didn't mind that. It did remind me of Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back and I felt it was an interesting and reasonable point at which to bring the game to a close, for leading in to the potential sequel.

the ending was obviously crafted assuming there would be ...

Stop right there!

It was "crafted" (if being left half finished is in fact worthy of the description) in such a way as to leave as little damage to any future development, whilst keeping with the only consistency provided by the game, that being a total lack of any substance.

The central conceit, that of the Exile being the protagonist rather than Revan, was a simply mechanism to start the second game with a new character that could grow through the levels, without makeing a total mockery of the game engine (as is apparent when playing with an epic level character). There was no sequel planned at the time. There was no denouement, apart from a couple of paragraphs of "Where are they now" dialogue, which still missed a few characters!

It was poorly completed.

EOF

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Stop right there!

It was "crafted" (if being left half finished is in fact worthy of the description) in such a way as to leave as little damage to any future development, whilst keeping with the only consistency provided by the game, that being a total lack of any substance.

The central conceit, that of the Exile being the protagonist rather than Revan, was a simply mechanism to start the second game with a new character that could grow through the levels, without makeing a total mockery of the game engine (as is apparent when playing with an epic level character). There was no sequel planned at the time. There was no denouement, apart from a couple of paragraphs of "Where are they now" dialogue, which still missed a few characters!

It was poorly completed.

EOF

I don't quite see how you can say the ending wasn't written under the assumption that there was going to be another sequel "someday". In relation to the fates of the other characters, sure, one could chalk it up to poor writing or cut content, whichever of the two, but I'm referring to the "Into the Unknown Regions, the Exile goes" aspect of the ending. Given that it was the end of the Exile's personal journey and the apparent dawn of a "whole new adventure", it seemed pretty clear that it was there as a cliffhanger to lead in to a following installment, not simply a poorly-written conclusion (let me finish) somehow intended to bring an end to the entire series as a whole.

Forgive me if I don't fully share your pessimism on the subject, though.

I think you are ascribing more intent than can be comfortably granted to the writing of this game. At no point does the denouement lift itself out of the shadow of quality; it is nothing more than generic plot devices drowning in their own sea of clich

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Now you are putting words into my posts.

I never even suggested the merest possiblity that the thought had begun to cross my mind to make the point that the game was "entirely devoid of any substance throughout."

Kreia was a magnificent improvement on the one-dimensional caricatures of the first game (and all the films); she had some genuine light and shade, and it was such a pity that the potential was never really built upon in a meaningful way. So, too, the the eponymous "Sith Lords", who ended up being one-and-a-half hack'n'slash confrontations.

The influence system was a good idea, too. It just didn't go anywhere, and didn't make sense in the format that was delivered.

I would never try to "convert"

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I never even suggested the merest possiblity that the thought had begun to cross my mind to make the point that the game was "entirely devoid of any substance throughout."

Did I just misunderstand the context of this*, then?

*whilst keeping with the only consistency provided by the game, that being a total lack of any substance.

I'm curious, though; how would you say the game "advanced and built upon Revan's character"?

Why should the character have to appear in person to be "advanced and built upon"? Revan was mentioned frequently in dialogue throughout the game (particularly in dialogue with the other party members). A lot of that dialogue shed new light, offered new perspectives and insight, on various aspects of the character (the circumstances of Revan's original fall to the Dark Side of the Force, Revan's intentions with the Jedi Civil War, and so on) and it conveyed a sense that Revan's actions and legacy were enough to leave their mark on the galaxy five years later. On top of that, Revan was a significant aspect of the Exile's backstory and character development. It certainly didn't seem to me that the writers "dropped" Revan's character just because the character never appeared in person. Revan's "presence" in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords was actually something that's stuck with me most about the game.

Did I just misunderstand the context of this*, then?

*whilst keeping with the only consistency provided by the game, that being a total lack of any substance.

Yes.

I'm curious, though; how would you say the game "advanced and built upon Revan's character"?

Why should the character have to appear in person to be "advanced and built upon"? Revan was mentioned frequently in dialogue throughout the game (particularly in dialogue with the other party members). A lot of that dialogue shed new light, offered new perspectives and insight, on various aspects of the character (the circumstances of Revan's original fall to the Dark Side of the Force, Revan's intentions with the Jedi Civil War, and so on) and it conveyed a sense that Revan's actions and legacy were enough to leave their mark on the galaxy five years later. On top of that, Revan was a significant aspect of the Exile's backstory and character development. It certainly didn't seem to me that the writers "dropped" Revan's character just because the character never appeared in person. Revan's "presence" in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords was actually something that's stuck with me most about the game.

There was about two lines of dialogue spoken by Kreia in the last conversation before she pops her clogs, but if you think that's masterful storytelling, then sic erat in fatis. I don't.

I think the writers either decided, or were told, to avoid all meaningful references to the first game, and

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

There was about two lines of dialogue spoken by Kreia in the last conversation before she pops her clogs, but if you think that's masterful storytelling, then sic erat in fatis. I don't.

That wasn't entirely what I was referring to. Did you bother to converse with the other party members at all? Kreia had several things to say about Revan long before the final exchange, as did Atton Rand, Bao-Dur, Disciple, Mandalore, HK-47, T3-M4 (sort of, through its hologram messages), and even G0-T0. The Jedi Masters (including Master Atris) may have had some words to offer about the character as well, but I don't recall in their case. Even the Exile's dialogue options at various points throughout the game mentioned -- and offered insight on -- Revan's character.

Are you ignoring that in an attempt to emphasize your point and undermine mine or did you truly miss it all?

I think the writers either decided, or were told, to avoid all meaningful references to the first game, and