am i the only one that loved that ending?

there is certainly alot of very justified complaints about this game but the ending seems to in particular take the most flak. i loved it though, certainly better then kotor1. i would even go so far as to say its among the best rpg endings ive seen(and i've played alot between pc and the half dozen consoles ive owned).

from the ravager to the credits was more enjoyable i though they any other part of kotor 1 or 2.

How did you like the ending of kotOR2 the ending? had no meaning because:

1) It was short

2) There is no idea behined it

and3) Obsidian rushed through it.

I have played both LS and DS and both of the endings sucked.

In LS the Ebon Hawk fell into the lava, yet the exile seems to remarkably use it to escape in the knick of time???

It left the player clueless. It was like:

"Uh...what just happened?"

Since there was no explanation on how the Ebon Hawk rose again, and where your party members were.

I agree. All you see is that little Mira and Hanharr struggle. Then Mira goes her merry way, but where?

I mean, that's the unsatisfying part according to me.

Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion and if you were happy with it, even better :D

Greetings,

Saraya

there is certainly alot of very justified complaints about this game but the ending seems to in particular take the most flak.  i loved it though, certainly better then kotor1.  i would even go so far as to say its among the best rpg endings ive seen(and i've played alot between pc and the half dozen consoles ive owned).

from the ravager to the credits was more enjoyable i though they any other part of kotor 1 or 2.

Looks as though you're saying you loved the gameplay of the ending. That's not so unusual, as hacking through lots of monsters to face the final boss is standard in RPGs, it seems. The objections on this forum to the ending are more to do with the story, and how your NPCs' stories aren't brought to any kind of conclusion.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Well, I was afraid to say anything before, but if others like it...

Yeah, I sort of liked the ending. I mean, the concept was to be mysterious and keep you guessing until KotOR 3 (which somebody had better make, preferably Obsidian). However, I'm not denying they screwed it up. While I don't mind a good cliffhanger, it was a little too open. Leaving things open for K3 is one thing, but there were a lot of loose ends that likely won't find their way into K3, and thus will be left unknown forever. But given the timeframe Obsidian had to work with, it could have been a lot worse. It fit, and it left room for a sequal. Disappointing, but not deserving of such a negative response.

sig2.gif

LA/OE are stating that the ending was as they intended, and was not rushed. I say if that is the case, then the production values are woefully less than I am prepared to accept.

There were numerous obvious shortcomings, like the map elements that were visible but not reachable (stand up and be counted, prison cells!) and the total shambles that was the Remote / G0-T0 / HK-47 and Hanharr / Mira subplots: WTF? What happened toBao-Dur, and why was it not important enough for us to see? What happened with the Remote and G0-T0? What happened to Mira? It was not just a cliff-hanger, it was an unfinished plot, with no ellipses. I am still waiting for the other shoe to drop ...

And any talk of a third game is very premature, certainly there can be no idea what the over-arching plot for the trilogy is, and that means that the ending was more a logistical device than a dramatic one. Which sucks.

That said, I did like Kreia's character, I did like the muddied morality and aversion to paint the plot in black and white; none of that occurred in the conclusion. If, as has been mooted here,

Atris was meant to be Darth Traya

if your PC was LS, and if the ending reflected some of the choices made during the game, then I would have a totally different view. But I don't.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

there is certainly alot of very justified complaints about this game but the ending seems to in particular take the most flak.  i loved it though, certainly better then kotor1.  i would even go so far as to say its among the best rpg endings ive seen(and i've played alot between pc and the half dozen consoles ive owned).

Well, I'm going to assume you meant you liked how the game ended, not the genocide you inflict as you mop up your enemies...

Personally I thought it was rather fitting, regardless of whether there will be a third game or not. Unlike most RPGs, this one is not about fighting a prominent war, where there will be a glorious ending. KOTOR II was more of a secret war within the Sith than an obvious galactic war as was seen in KOTOR I. Instead of creating the boiling froth of war between the Jedi and the Sith, KOTOR II reveals how it spilled over and affected everything else. Then, as one progresses through the game, it reveals of how the survivors begin to deal with the situation after the Jedi Civil War. Again, it's not the galactic scale war RPG standards have made us grow acustom to; instead, it's more subtle.

I agree that the game threw a lot of people- myself included- because it was unlike anything we expected. While its not an ending I was particuarly enamored with, it does have its aesthetic value, intentional or not. The game is much more abstract then its predecessor, which I think creates a lot of the confusion. I do question whether all of the product was intentionally mysterious and subtle rather then the standard, prosaic RPG, but in the end it does create a unique game.

I hated the ending myself BUT

if Part 3 comes out picking up where part 2 left off I will publicaly appoligize here to Obsidian as it will then make more sence.

Right now Im assuming Part 2 ending was just like a TV show or Movie saying "to be continued".

As for the "how did the Hawk get repaired and all that", thats just were suspension of disbelief comes in. Take it with a grain of salt and smile :- That part didnt bother me at all. What got me was the ending was anti climatic. Just didnt have a feel of completion. As I said, if part 3 picks up where part 2 ended Ill be a happy camper and have no issues at all with ending!

Heck, if they let me blow up GoTo at the start of part 3 ill say part two ending was the greatest thing since sliced bread :p heh

I don't think it was a ending at all, Lucasarts probably got bored of funding it and told them to just finish it like that.

But you would think, since thye made so much cash with that Episode III movie, you would think they would spend some cash on finishing Kotor II like they should have done from the very beginning instead of either rushing it to make a quick buck during Xmas holidays or stopping it from competing with Republic Commando, which majorly sucked big time since it is a complete once and shelf it type of game.

But Companies now-a-days are getting money first customer support very later.

The ending was OBVIOUSLY rushed. Numerous losse ends and meaningless cutscenes, not to mention a lack for explanation for a variety of occurences. The GO-TO/Remote scene conclusion tied into the HK-50 factory subquest, which was cut. If you are DS, GO-TO prevents the remote from destroying Malachor, if you're LS HK-47 and several HK-51s (advanced versions of HK-50s that HK-47 manufactured after assaulting the HK factory) attack GO-TO. GO-TO futiley attempts to order the HK-51s to attack HK-47 (GO-TO manufactured the HK-50s), but to no avail. GO-TO is detsroyed, and shortly afterwards is Malachor. Also, I believe Atris would be Darth Traya if you where DS, not LS>

I liked the ending because it kind of left room for a third game, one thing would have made in a lot better though. Having the Exile's companions in a strange room with young children teaching them about the force. (I'm talking LS I don't care for DS very much)

Why did you especially want young children to teach the Exile's companions about the Force? :thumbsup:"

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Yes.

---

i loved it though, certainly better then kotor1.  i would even go so far as to say its among the best rpg endings ive seen

Then you obviously haven't played very many high quality cRPG's.

---

Now you've lost all credibility. Post return-to-Dantooine was the part worst executed in the game. The pacing was smooth right up until that point. The story gets rushed from then on as the game degenerated into a poorly written dungeon crawl.

manthing2.jpg

Yes.

Your not alone.

I didn't hate the end of the game.

In fact, I enjoyed it more then Kotor1s. Because atleast, in TSL they don't force your character to become something he/she wasn't. I hated Kotor1 for making me Revan in the end.

And KotOR II didn't force you to play the Exile the entire game? :ninja:

The ending that we were given was rushed. The entire game was buggy. Too many cutscenes, especially at the end, forcing the storyline, which until the last 45 minutes or so was far superior to KotOR I, to be sub-standard.

OE has admitted they knew the deadline. They produced the game. LA published it. Hopefully, if they ever produce KotOR III, both parties will have learned from their mistakes and at least make sure everything makes sense.

How did you like the ending of kotOR2 the ending? had no meaning because:

1) It was short

2) There is no idea behined it

and3) Obsidian rushed through it.

I have played both LS and DS and both of the endings sucked.

In LS the Ebon Hawk fell into the lava, yet the exile seems to remarkably use it to escape in the knick of time???

If you ever watched DragonBall Z you would know where they got that nick of the time idea from. :)

• 1 month later...

A trick to like te ending:

LISTEN TO WHAT THE JEDI MASTERS HAVE TO SAY ON LS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not only the sad music makes soothes but the thing with kreia interupting is great... I wish the game had more moments like this...

Jedi master:"You were broken"

Kreia: " you were hole"

And so on.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Guest MacleodCorp

How many games do you know have an incomplete ending? or- How many have an ending that it is imperitive for a sequal? or- How many game endings have actually made people mad?

I liked the ending because it kind of left room for a third game, one thing would have made in a lot better though. Having the Exile's companions in a strange room with young children teaching them about the force. (I'm talking LS I don't care for DS very much)

The ending was open?!? <_<

It was 20 miles wide

In part 3 then Lucasarts will have to rewrite the endgame and turn it into something someone can understand

Yeah I didnt hate the ending after a few plays thru, but, thats as long as its the second game of the series and not the last....if theres a K3...then no big deal...stuff will get explained.

As for the most enjoyable part of k1 and k2.....u've got to be kidding me....

for me...I thought the best part was on the star forge in K1....being able ot convert bastilla back to the lightside..after having a relationship with her,or just killing her...all the options were great...it was so epic and it was the first time a party member fell away and you had the (sucussful option) of turning her back.....also this goes together with the temple rooftop if you were darkside....reclaiming urself as darklord and joining bastilla after u beat her, then killing the other two jedi...was great....especially coming back to the ship and making hanhar get rid of mission.

The ending was open?!? <_<

It was 20 miles wide

In part 3 then Lucasarts will have to rewrite the endgame and turn it into something someone can understand

Your definatly right there, IMO if Lucasarts did leave the ending at that and not produce a 3rd game, that would be a bad finish to what couldve been a great story, but if they are to make a 3rd game, they sure are going to have their work cut out for them, what with tying up all the loose ends of K2 and making a 3rd story to finish the trilogy off.