Do you actually miss the Nos monster?

Nur Ab Sal

Do you actually miss the Nos monster that was cut from the final version?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you actually miss the Nos monster that was cut from the final version?

• Yes
    • No

After seeing ROTS I'm sure that Lucas is a moron! He deleted dozens of interesting scenes from the movie that could make story more monumental and similar to OT. One of those scenes was with Nos monster on Utapau, that could match famous rancor. Very OT in style, poor Nos monster didn't make it to final version just like several crucial characters (Mon Mothma, Fang Zar, padawan Bene, Cin Drallig, Bana Breemu) so ROTS remained as unfinished as unfamous KOTOR 2. And there's no new Aurora on the horizon...

So. Let's mourn poor Nos and all potential fun he could cause. 8)

post-1577-1116620671_thumb.jpg

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

The monster looks gay, Im glad he skipped it. Some bugeye with an overly long neck is not as scary as a good old rancor. The new films just doesnt have any good monsters.

Sarlacc = sweet

Rancor = awesome

vs.

Geonosians = gay!

Tiger-rodent = gay

Praying mantis ripoff = gay

Threehorned dinosaur = almost ok

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Scene with awaken Space Slug in TESB wasn't key either but added more star wars climate. With Nos monster is the same case.

The key lies in details. Less details=less fun movie

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

But in esb with out the space slug it would have been the falcon into a cave and then flying out of the cave - the slug adds a neat and slighly humourous little twist.

With the nos, the main point of the scene is obi wan escaping the troopers and teh surveillance droids. The nos isnt really needed and would complicate the scene. We already had giant fish monsters in phantom menace and they wre pretty lame and ultimately the nos looks pretty lame - like a monster out of the old Doctor Who series. :lol:

Extra details does not always make for a better scene. My example would be the opening secene where almost too much is going in the background and the result is that it is sometimes difficult to make out exactly what the viewer is supposed to be looking at.

I think Lucas should have made a 3.5h long film with all the monsters and all the stuff in it. I mean, we're not exaclty watching it for the tight storytelling and the exquisite cinematical narrative.

monsters, space battles and lightsabers = good

anything involving anakin or padme = gay

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Calling Anarkin gay is offencive to gay people, really. I mean, how could this uber cool black clad dude with the deep mofo voice from the old films end up having been so... whiny?

I wish there was a cry emote to display how whiny I think he is. :lol:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Isn't Qui-Gon's spirit supposed to be in the DVD edition?

Now that's something I really missed in the theatrical release. I mean, simple exposition on Yoda's part doesn't cut it...it just makes it feel tacked on.

Also: Cutting Cin Drallig (who incidently was an absolute *GOD* in the video game), and Paddy Bene I can understand (though I'm somewhat dissapointed), as they're secondary characters who've yet to be introduced. However, how the hell can you cut Shaak-Ti, Luminara Unduli and Bariss Offee?

Furthermore: Was it just me, or were all the duels a tad bit on the *short* side? Meh - perhaps it's due to the fact they weren't properly choreographed duels like in Phantom Menace, but mainly "talking heads" and speed blurs.

manthing2.jpg

no, you must watch it!!

I felt the duels were a little short too but maybe that was because they were super fast.

More like super rushed...and not just the duels for that matter, but everything else.

Anakin's fall anyone? You can blame it on that fool Portman, but still - it took like 15 seconds for Anakin to go from staunch Jedi Knight to scourge of the freakin' galaxy.

manthing2.jpg

Calling Anarkin gay is offencive to gay people, really. I mean, how could this uber cool black clad dude with the deep mofo voice from the old films end up having been so... whiny?

I wish there was a cry emote to display how whiny I think he is.  :thumbsup:

While what you say is true, to his credit Hayden did step it up a level in Revenge. Portman on the other hand remained woeful - in fact, I'd go so far as to say she was the worst performer in Episode III. <_<

manthing2.jpg

To be honest I haven't seen it yet, I'm looking foward to it though. But in all fairness to Hayden, I actually do think Portman was worse than him in AoTC, so I have no doubt that you're correct. :thumbsup:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.