Disc emulator problem

i'm having problems with runnig the game; every time i click the icon for the game a window pops up with the information about a "Conflict with the disc emulator"

please help how to solve this problem...

i'm using a pc 4 1.6 GHz, 768 RAM, Asus ATI A9550 Ge 128 Mb...

If you have a CD copying program on your system that's where your conflict is stemming from. So if you have "Clone CD" or "Nero" (some of the later versions)...That very well could be your problem.

(Dual-Boot)Windows XP Pro (32 - Bit) SP3 & Windows Vista Ultimate (SP 1) 64 Bit | Intel Dual Core 2 Quad 6600 @ 2.4 Ghz | 8 GB Corsair DDR 3 Ram 1600 mhz | GeForce 9600 GT 512 MB PCI Express X 3 SLI enabled | NVidia Forceware Drivers 181.22| EVGA nForce 790I-SLI Ultra MOBO | Thermalake 850 Watt PWR |

its weird, by law you are allowed to have 1 single copy for backup purposes and they do this, its kinda taking away our rights for a backup.

I have had to buy 5 copies of this game because i can't make a backup and the original gets ****ed very quickly, i think Obsidian or Lucasarts got REALLY cheap when it came to burning them on CDs.

its weird, by law you are allowed to have 1 single copy for backup purposes and they do this, its kinda taking away our rights for a backup.

I have had to buy 5 copies of this game because i can't make a backup and the original gets ****ed very quickly, i think Obsidian or Lucasarts got REALLY cheap when it came to burning them on CDs.

But you know what? The companies don't care if we are legally entitled to or not... they will make it as impossible to do so as they can in order to beat "piracy" which isn't as big a problem as they say it is... they just use it in order to rationalize their protection.