I'm going postal

Musopticon?

I'll try to keep this as civil as possible. No matter how hard it is. My long-time childhood friend is a rather popular internet flash "artist". He's quite new to the whole scene, but managed to get his share of pride by making a series of short killing animations featuring a rather homicidal rabbit. The content isn't supposed to be thoughtful, deep or skillful: they're mainly long pipes of gored rabbits. Three clips are out now and we've(I make some writing and brainstorming) nothing short conquered the most well-known flash sites. Juuso, my friend, even got a sponsor for his works, who did pay him, surprisingly enough. For an internet nerd, 500 dollars is a rather nice sum, for doing something he really loves.

Here's a straight link to the newest one. No, it's not very tasteful:

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/238015

Still, that's just backround info, this is the zits:

http://www.doggybagstudios.co.uk/bunnykillsite/

I'll give you some juicy morsels of the wrongness that is that site:

"Yesterday the Silver Psycho Designs Director Zoheb Raja, announced that there will be a bunnykill game coming soon to our pc screens"

Why have I not heard of this? Yesterday, I sat next to Juuso's comp, and we were cheerful of the success of BK 3. Not making a game. Not even thinking of making one. We don't even know where to begin asking for developing tools, for godsakes. No to mention finding someone to use them.

"All of the Bunnykill

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Wait, I don't understand. Do you mean someone stole the movies and is claiming them as his own? Or that your friend Jusso has become completely self-delusional and is imagining that he can make a game and calling his bedroom a studio?

It's not really clear.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

"Wait, I don't understand. Do you mean someone stole the movies and is claiming them as his own?"

Oh yes.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Someone stole your bunnnies? :p

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

"Wait, I don't understand. Do you mean someone stole the movies and is claiming them as his own?"

Oh yes.

Have you contacted this person? Give him a piece of your mind. Unless you can find his adress, then you can give him a piece of a blunt object.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

2nd link doesn't work.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'm not having any luck with the linkies. Don't give in to the man, Musopticon. As much as I despise everything they represent, perhaps you and your friends should seek legal counsel... :p

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Yeah, that's the one. Straight text copy-pasting doesn't link correctly, it seems.

kirottu said:

I'd rather not prowl through tons of drivel to get an answer there.

That means many blunt objects.

kirottu said:

So did he sign anything to get that 500 bucks?

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'd rather not prowl through tons of drivel to get an answer there.

That means many blunt objects.

Well, they say the deadliest blunt object is a lawyer... :p"

Okay, they don't say that, I just made that up, but my point still stands: Whack em long and hard with legal threats and action.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

The thing is: I don't know. It was all done by email and checks. Still, it's not the sponsor who made that site and those claims.

kirottu said:

The thing is: I don't know. It was all done by email and checks. Still, it's not the sponsor who made that site and those claims.

Ok, well theres nothing official if its done through email then I believe. So yeah, threaten legal action. Make your own website, etc.

Devastatorsig.jpg

If you're lucky, this will turn into a massive legal battle, with insane free publicity, and your friend will be extremely rich when it's all finished (about 2020, I imagine).

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

That's mean >_<

kirottu said:

Cashing a cheque is a legal acceptance of a contract. Binding for both parties. Your friend has a case. Take legal advice, quickly. 8)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Cashing a cheque is a legal acceptance of a contract. Binding for both parties. Your friend has a case. Take legal advice, quickly. :thumbsup:

I thought I said it clearly; different sponsor. We didn't get paid by Silver Psycho designs. The paying one was this site: http://www:gamesofgondor.com/

Still, thanks for the advice guys. We are getting further on this issue, as the guy who originally asked for the rights to make that site; says that the case is out of his hands. The webmaster and studios should have taken that thing out about a month ago.

Heads will roll. Thanks for support folks, I owe ya.

kirottu said: