I Saw Episode 3

Bokishi

But I would still like to see the Qui-Gon/Yoda conversation on screen though... Ahh Qui-Gon/Yoda. :-

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

But I would still like to see the Qui-Gon/Yoda conversation on screen though... Ahh Qui-Gon/Yoda.  :(

Me too, but I would also have liked to see Obi-Wan finish Skywalker off.

"I tried the most potent Noise Amplification spell once upon a time. Mavellous spell. I could hear the birds speaking to one another in trees over the horizon, I could hear the rustlings as the clouds rubbed against each other in the sky. I could hear the sound a rainbow makes as it arches it's back over the world. Then a dog barked behind me and I burst my left eardrum."

Of course, you are joking arent you?

(when you say "finish skywalker off" i assume you mean kill him and not... something else)

Yeah totally :("

"I tried the most potent Noise Amplification spell once upon a time. Mavellous spell. I could hear the birds speaking to one another in trees over the horizon, I could hear the rustlings as the clouds rubbed against each other in the sky. I could hear the sound a rainbow makes as it arches it's back over the world. Then a dog barked behind me and I burst my left eardrum."

Of course, you are joking arent you?

(when you say "finish skywalker off" i assume you mean kill him and not... something else)

Riiiigt. :(

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

There are few things as enjoyable as a good political row on a forum.

Why is it enjoyable? Most of the time everyone comes out of a political debate hating everyone else because of their differing views.

Ive found the only ones who hate those who disagree with them probably already hated those people. And if not, were eventually bound to do so. Anyway, politics is an interesting subject and when discussed intellectually instead of emotionally can be both entertaining and informative.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

There are few things as enjoyable as a good political row on a forum.

Why is it enjoyable? Most of the time everyone comes out of a political debate hating everyone else because of their differing views.

Ive found the only ones who hate those who disagree with them probably already hated those people. And if not, were eventually bound to do so. Anyway, politics is an interesting subject and when discussed intellectually instead of emotionally can be both entertaining and informative.

Really. Cause I liked Darth Vader BEFORE that evolution thread. Then, after reading his arrogant post (see first page of that thread) I hated him. I thought "What an arrogant prick." People like WHITETEETH however seem much nicer. You know the kind of person that can say " You believe that and I respect it however I don't believe that." Those kinds of people I like, even when they believe something I don't.

Assuming that you can see beyond the veil of lies that usually covers politics.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

And asuming you know who the trolls are :D

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

You're so cruel... :shifty: [sometimes]

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

I'm sick of Star Wars. It's everywhere , you cant find a cereal box without a picture of Darth Vader on it these days. And my favourite cereal had a mini lightsaber in it...

However I've seen the film twice in two different countries and overall it wasnt bad. It's the closest in feel to the OT when it comes to the look.

Movie seemed rushed like it was trying to tell a 4 hour story in two hours. Hectic action sequences with badly acted and scripted interludes.Overall Clone Wars felt more on the money when it came to grevious and the Jedi. In the film Grevious was seriously nuted. Although he served his purpose as Darth Vader prototype I suppose.

The big climax didnt work for me. Obi Wan turning his back on his fataly wounded former freind ,rather than doing the decent (and sensible thing) of putting him out of his misery just felt wrong. Obviously it had to be that way or you couldnt have Darth Vader, but a longer drop where Obi Wan didnt have a front row seat would have worked better. The whole seeing Vader being put together also detracts from the orginals. One of the great mysteries was what was behind the mask, Vaders character loses mystique which is going to be a shame for anyone watching 1-6 in order.

The Yoda/Emporer fight in the council chambers was a nice alagory on the fall of democracy. Although Yoda really didnt seem to be putting as much effort into it and his whole speil about size matters not, must have been something Qui Gon clued him in on later because he had a hard time throwing those frisbies around.

Overall it wasnt a bad film the CGI stole the show though. Still nowhere near as good as ESB but better than any of the other prequels.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Paladin - I agree.

Myself, I don't like the CGI yoda at all, for some reason. Just doesn't seem like a real character to me.

GL was trying to fit two movies into one. Anakin's fall didn't... feel right. The romance still doesn't fit, either. It's no wonder Darth Vader kills Obi-Wan without remorse later on, when his "old friend" leaves him to die like that. It would've made more sense if Obi-Wan had at least TRIED to end his misery, somehow... I mean, heck, that could've added more drama. "Anakin is dead," he tells Padme. They go off, it seems like the movie's about to end, it turns out anakin still lives when the emperor shows up. Sort of a, "when is dead, dead?" moment.

Paladin - I agree.

Myself, I don't like the CGI yoda at all, for some reason.  Just doesn't seem like a real character to me.

GL was trying to fit two movies into one.  Anakin's fall didn't... feel right.  The romance still doesn't fit, either.  It's no wonder Darth Vader kills Obi-Wan without remorse later on, when his "old friend" leaves him to die like that.  It would've made more sense if Obi-Wan had at least TRIED to end his misery, somehow... I mean, heck, that could've added more drama.  "Anakin is dead," he tells Padme.  They go off, it seems like the movie's about to end, it turns out anakin still lives when the emperor shows up.  Sort of a, "when is dead, dead?" moment.

Dont mind Yoda , he's sort of fun. But that in itself probably isnt the intent with the character :D

In the version I read a long time ago, think it was a WEG product of the SW at 20 book. Anakin and Obi end up fighting above the lava and Obi Wan wounds him and he falls. At that point Obi Wan loses sight of him, but he falls onto something and then burns up. If you take the EPIII stuff about manipulating mediclorianes then thats the technique he uses to survive. The difference there is that Obi Wan cant really do anything about it. It just seemed totally cold for Obi to stand there while Anakins doing a briquette impression. And given that even at the end he warned him not to jump and expose himself to attack it's not likely that he would actually enjoy watching him go crispy and just stand around.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

this film was awesome! The fuuniest parts were the battle droids, dialogue tone and the part when yoda force pushes the red guard at palps office. i got a version of the film, if yu wannit people, but the start is in russian, i think (only opening titles). i dont think it would be wise to upload it to this forum.

S-TJ

i got a version of the film, if yu wannit people, but the start is in russian, i think (only opening titles). i dont think it would be wise to upload it to this forum.

No, I think it'll be a great idea. Say, why don't we post it in its very own topic in the Developers Corner sub-fora. Heck while we're at it, let's post a hyperlink to that thread at starwars.com. I'm sure they'll think it's a hoot!

manthing2.jpg

I sorta liked that Obi just left Ani to go crispy, after all, this punk had just murdered the younglings and had become a pawn of nasty Palpsie... A fitting punishment if you ask me. ^_^

DENMARK!

I would have kicked him into the lava river :)"

-I hate you!

-Phh, is that all you have to say, you whiny little ****? Well, Im not exactly crazy about you either.

*kick*

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I would have kicked him into the lava river :)"

-I hate you!

-Phh, is that all you have to say, you whiny little ****? Well, Im not exactly crazy about you either.

*kick*

&

When I left I was a limbless charcoal brickette now I am the master devil.gif

GOLD. :)

DENMARK!

You are a a cruel and callous bunch.... has none amongst you a heart?

well I'd put him out of his misery like Obi Wan should have. Do I have a heart for GL's cheesey story ? Not in the slightest. Darth even had the same injuries as steve except for the mask doing the job of the bionic eye.

478327[/snapback]

If I'm cruel for wanting him to suffer for what he did, then so be it. But I agree, he should have just sabered the punk and be done with it. :devil:

PS Shadow, didn't they also use that line in Dogma, when talking about how God could improve someone? :lol:

DENMARK!