I Saw Episode 3

Bokishi

Yeah...about the SpaceBalls movie:

In a Q&A with Playbill magazine, Mel Brooks says that he's currently working on a Spaceballs sequel. Here's the clip from the interview which starts off by talking about the big screen adaptation of The Producers.

Playbill: Will you have a role in it?

MB: It's doubtful, but I'm writing myself back into the Spaceballs sequel that I'm now writing, so you haven't seen the last of my face. Why another Spaceballs? It wouldn't feel right have anyone else play Yoghurt and the first one was the best experience I've had making a movie since Blazing Saddles.

Playbill: When can we expect that?

MB: Best case scenario: a week before the new Star Wars opens. Worst Case Scenario: a year after the new star wars opens.

I can't waite :thumbsup:

* The whole switch to the dark side seemed to sudden for me - perhaps if Lucas hadn't wasted an entire movie with Jar Jar and baby Anakin we could have seen Anakin secretly training under Sideous rather than the quick reversal from holding a lightsaber to his throat to kneeling before him.

I find dark side seduction from Jedi Academy more interesting - when Kyp secretly takes lessons from Exar Kun on alchemy, sith magic and lightsaber under the very nose of Luke, and finally we have a fight of these two.

is that the pc game??

must have missed that bit

* The whole switch to the dark side seemed to sudden for me - perhaps if Lucas hadn't wasted an entire movie with Jar Jar and baby Anakin we could have seen Anakin secretly training under Sideous rather than the quick reversal from holding a lightsaber to his throat to kneeling before him.

I find dark side seduction from Jedi Academy more interesting - when Kyp secretly takes lessons from Exar Kun on alchemy, sith magic and lightsaber under the very nose of Luke, and finally we have a fight of these two.

is that the pc game??

must have missed that bit

No, the novel.

manthing2.jpg

I wouldnt trust Nurbs opinions since he has on multiple occasions said that he thinks Exar Kuns fall in the comics was a good one.

What happens is that Kun is lured into a tomb on Korriban by a sith ghost and the ghost collapses the cave and forces Kun to go over to the dark side like it was something done by the flick of a switch. After he has agreed to go over to the darkside, his lightside powers dont work anymore. Silly. The dialouge goes very much like this:

-Go over to the darkside or you will die trapped in this cave. Will you join me?

-Yes.

-Youre not being honest, say it and mean it.

-YES.

-Alrightie then.

*instant darkside*

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I saw it tonight. My verdict:

- It was the first of the prequels that i want to see again.

- Yoda rocked.

- Obi-Wan did aswell.

- The seven goths sitting next to me sucked, whining f*cking maggots

- Hayden went from bad, to float between avarage/good, yikes!

- The "NoooOOOoooOOOOOooOOOoOOOOOOOOOOOOoOoO" didn't bother me, maybe i was already prepared after reading this thread.

- The Emperor was more chaotic evil than i expected.

- After the screening, i went straight ahead and bought the original trilogy on DVD.

8.5/10

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I saw it tonight. My verdict:

- It was the first of the prequels that i want to see again.

- Yoda rocked.

- Obi-Wan did aswell.

- The seven goths sitting next to me sucked, whining f*cking maggots

- Hayden went from bad, to float between avarage/good, yikes!

- The "NoooOOOoooOOOOOooOOOoOOOOOOOOOOOOoOoO" didn't bother me, maybe i was already prepared after reading this thread.

- The Emperor was more chaotic evil than i expected.

- After the screening, i went straight ahead and bought the original trilogy on DVD.

8.5/10

:cool:

(Except for those Goth maggots - let them burn in Hell; wait...isn't that what they want? Nevermind.)

manthing2.jpg

(Except for those Goth maggots - let them burn in Hell; wait...isn't that what they want? Nevermind.)

One could almost sink that low in order to grant them that wish, believe me <_< *DS points earned*

Oh, and Mace rocked aswell, but that was so obvious that i forgot to add it to the list.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Incidently, one of the most emotive scenes was Anakin's turmoil in the Council chambers after Mace and Co. went to arrest Palps. John Williams got the music just right - in fact when Anakin shed a tear, the music sounded like somethng from Troy or Gladiator. :cool:

manthing2.jpg

Yes, i have to agree with that. The music is half the movie, you wouldn't otherwise understand Anakin's feelings without William's score :rolleyes:

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Oh, and Mace rocked aswell, but that was so obvious that i forgot to add it to the list.

Meh, i thought Mace was no better than Vrook; always bitchin', self-righteous hypocrite and half the reason for the main character to embrace the dark side... :rolleyes:"

Meh, i thought Mace was no better than Vrook; always bitchin', self-righteous hypocrite and half the reason for the main character to embrace the dark side... :rolleyes:"

But Vrook ain't no Bad Ass Motherf***ker!

manthing2.jpg

btw has anyone watched A New Hope asap after watching ep 3? IMO it added a lot more gravitas to some of the scenes knowing the back story. I definitely enjoyed watching it again and for me that is saying something as it is my joint least favourite of the entire sextet.

Did anyone else's opinion of Obi Wan go up after that film?

I used to think he was just one lucky dude, always narrowly avoiding a lightsaber to the head. In other words a bit lame.

But at the end of episode 3, that battle with Anakin and the "You were my brother" line really got me. :devil:

"I tried the most potent Noise Amplification spell once upon a time. Mavellous spell. I could hear the birds speaking to one another in trees over the horizon, I could hear the rustlings as the clouds rubbed against each other in the sky. I could hear the sound a rainbow makes as it arches it's back over the world. Then a dog barked behind me and I burst my left eardrum."

I used to think he was just one lucky dude, always narrowly avoiding a lightsaber to the head. In other words a bit lame.

But at the end of episode 3, that battle with Anakin and the "You were my brother" line really got me.  :devil:

Yea Obi Wan is TEH man! I really think E.McGregor did a swell job.

But at the end of episode 3, that battle with Anakin and the "You were my brother" line really got me.  :wub:

Yea Obi Wan is TEH man! I really think E.McGregor did a swell job.

Hear Hear! :devil:

"I tried the most potent Noise Amplification spell once upon a time. Mavellous spell. I could hear the birds speaking to one another in trees over the horizon, I could hear the rustlings as the clouds rubbed against each other in the sky. I could hear the sound a rainbow makes as it arches it's back over the world. Then a dog barked behind me and I burst my left eardrum."

Yep, Obi wan being a kickass jedi master was cool.

Pointless hypothetical question: Do you think that if it was Obi standing over Palps (for the sake of expeciancy lets say he fought the same as windu) Anakin would have turned so easily?

That's a good point!

I think Anakin wouldn't have killed Obi Wan

That's why Palpatine arranged General Grevious to preoccupy Obi Wan

As soon as Obi Wan was out of the picture, Anakin has no-one to help him.

Also just like to say how great Obi Wan looks at the end when Anakin looks up to see him on the ship with all the Jedi gear. You get a quick look at Obi Wan in an ultra heroic pose. Gotta say that was a great bit for me.

Yes i agree he very much comes into his own in this film. That confident pose on the ramp of the ship and his following dialogue with anakin was electrifying!

That whole duel/immolation scene was perfect IMO part of me was hoping for just a little remorse for anakin - but the straight out rage was shocking (in a good way) I'm almost disappointed he isnt a little more peeved at Obi-Wan when they meet again (but i guess that cant be helped - unles GL tinkers with it even more :blink:)

One of my other favourite scenes was the betrayal of the Jedi along with the score it really conveyed a sense of sadness - I hope they include some more of the Jedi mastres dying in the DVD.

Yeah that betrayal scene was great.

Also I liked the way that clone commander gave Obi Wan back his lightsaber.

"You'll be needing this"

About 20 seconds later he gives the order to kill him.

Slightly ironic if you ask me!

yeah, obi is the man. kind of cool when he jumped out of the fighter when he crash landed in the hangar of grivious' ship.

other then that, i think the movie was pretty good. i give it 4/5(on a scale to 6). the movie was a bit "standard" and not many surprises, but i guess that was to be expected.

btw, grivious was a crap villain. a mechanized hunch back with a bad cough...?