I Saw Episode 3

Bokishi

'cause it were tolkien who came up with dragons and elves and orcs and trolls 'n such.

You couldn't be more wrong. Tolkien took most of his ideas (particularly lifeforms) from various mythologies, as most fantasy authors tend to do.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

'cause it were tolkien who came up with dragons and elves and orcs and trolls 'n such.

You couldn't be more wrong. Tolkien took most of his ideas (particularly lifeforms) from various mythologies, as most fantasy authors tend to do.

http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book...ary&va=sardonic

*shrug*

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Ah, I apologize. I read over your post quickly and missed the intent of that first statement. And yes, I understand sarcasm; it is just sometimes hard to tell in written format without vocal intonation.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

I still haven't seen it. I wonder when the lines will start dying down and I won't have to deal with packed theatres anymore. Would I be safe by next week?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I went to see it yesterday and I would go as far as to say it was the best starwars movie. I think hayden acted quite well and his fall to the dark side was well made up to the actual "falling" point. The utterly cheesy romance lines between padme and anakin were laughable, but shouldn

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Among my group of friends, this has become something of a running gag with me, since it's my gripe with just about every movie that I don't like... but aside from George Lucas being a hack, I think my problem with the entire prequel trilogy is that Anakin Skywalker was miscast (Kristy, if you ever happen to read this--bite me).

Seriously. As a little boy, the actor portraying Ani (*shudder*) was clearly trying far too hard to be cute, and the lines he was given to recite weren't helping (hearing him ask Padme if she was an angel made me embarrassed just sitting there in my seat). Terrible.

And I'm sorry, but Keanu Reeves would have made a better Darth Vader than Hayden Christensen. I honestly never thought I'd live to hear myself say that Keanu Reeves would make a better anything, but Hayden really takes the cake. It's almost like he wasn't sure how Anakin Skywalker was supposed to behave, so he just borrowed from his role in Life as a House and reduced Darth Vader to a whiney b*tch. Reeves can't be anything but sullen or stoic, but that's still far preferable to whiney. I don't know what possessed Lucas to cast Christensen for this role, but he f***ed up. Big time. James Earl Jones left some admittedly big shoes for Hayden to fill, and he just wasn't up to the task.

http://darthno.ytmnd.com/

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hliarious!!! (w00t)

yet also horribly cringeworthy :ph34r:

I loved the film both times i watched it but that "nooooo" is really pissing me off. Man i hope the sound stays out of the DVD....

I understand the criticism about anakin's fall being too quick but i perceived him as having fallen by the time he relieved Dooku of his head. It just took a little onger to realise it.

That 'nooooooo' made relate to sorry Anakin. I mean here's this hawt sexay mofo dude with a hawt wife and his ignorance and fears made him into this burned up limbless ugly guy that now must manuver in a bulky robotic suit, not only that but has no more more hawt wife either.

NOOOOOOOO!!11

I still haven't seen it.  I wonder when the lines will start dying down and I won't have to deal with packed theatres anymore.  Would I be safe by next week?

Since ROTS set new records in ticket sales, I'd assume next month as safe.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Someone on Fark suggested that if Anakin had fallen onto his hands and knees instead of performing frankenstein gestures, it might not have been so cheesy. I'm inclined to agree, but what does everyone else think?

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

And I'm sorry, but Keanu Reeves would have made a better Darth Vader than Hayden Christensen. I honestly never thought I'd live to hear myself say that Keanu Reeves would make a better anything, but Hayden really takes the cake. It's almost like he wasn't sure how Anakin Skywalker was supposed to behave, so he just borrowed from his role in Life as a House and reduced Darth Vader to a whiney b*tch. Reeves can't be anything but sullen or stoic, but that's still far preferable to whiney. I don't know what possessed Lucas to cast Christensen for this role, but he f***ed up. Big time. James Earl Jones left some admittedly big shoes for Hayden to fill, and he just wasn't up to the task.

haha thats what i said about 3 pages back

though keanu is slightly worse than hayden ;)

if he was cast then he would have delivered his full vocabulary of 5 words and one facial expression

I will hear no ill spoken of Mr. Reeves... <_<

He's far better than Keira Knightley, at least he can actually close his mouth ;)

DL

P.S. I apologise for the spam, please, continue your conversation about Episode 3 ;)

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

Yeah, that's a good point. I've laughed at some of the cheesiness I've heard from people who were 'in love' in RL. Hilarious stuff!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

But that doesnt mean you want to hear it in 8 channel full digital THX sound.

RotS would be very easy to do a fan edit of, its made so that scenes could be cut away without breaking anything.

Imagine at the ending, Vader awakes.

-Can you hear me lord vader

-yes, my master..

*snip!* cut to star destroyer bridge scene and the cheese is gone.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

"But that doesnt mean you want to hear it in 8 channel full digital THX sound."

R00fles!

And, that's why that's the part of E1 & E2; I dislike the most. Oops, that's not true. Jar Jar is the worst!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

What bothered me was...

If the ability to become a Force Ghost is a learned technique discovered by Qui-Gon Jinn as Ep III:ROTS claims, then where did the ancient force ghosts in EU come from ?

And How did Anakin/Vader become one at the end of Ep VI: ROTJ

Also Yoda said that he'd teach Obi-Wan how to communicate with Qui-Gon, If you have to learn a special technique, then how was Yoda able to Communicate with Qui-Gon or Luke with Obi-Wan ?

And Why was the midichlorians mentioned again. :thumbsup:

P.S. Hayden Christensen did OK... as long as he kept his mouth shut.

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

What bothered me was...

If the ability to become a Force Ghost is a learned technique discovered by Qui-Gon Jinn as Ep III:ROTS claims, then where did the ancient force ghosts in EU come from ?

Also Yoda said that he'd teach Obi-Wan how to communicate with Qui-Gon, If you have to learn a special technique, then how was Yoda able to Communicate with Qui-Gon or Luke with Obi-Wan ?

And Why was the midichlorians mentioned again.  :thumbsup:

P.S. Hayden Christensen did OK... as long as he kept his mouth shut.

i was waiting for someone to mention the disregard for EU. (IMO thats a good thing)

A for the technicalities of force ghosting put it down to: "The Mysteries of The Force"

What bothered me was...

He didn't invent it, he simply "discovered" it. America existed, with millions of people before Columbus' discovery. Columbus wasn't the first to discover america, he is simply accredited with it, in most circles.

And Why was the midichlorians mentioned again.  >_<

Dunno... why can Leia recall her mother if she died at her birth? How the hell does a person "lose the will to live" and then die? Why does Yoda need a cane if he can hop around like a pop rock in soda (can you say insurance fraud?)? Why does Obi-Wan not remember R2D2 or C-3PO, if they're so cosy in the first three movies? Why did the emperor take a near-fatal dose of laughing gas before initiating a fight with Yoda?

Questions best left un-asked, because the fanboys will come kill your for bringing them up.

Dunno... why can Leia recall her mother if she died at her birth?  How the hell does a person "lose the will to live" and then die?  Why does Yoda need a cane if he can hop around like a pop rock in soda (can you say insurance fraud?)?  Why does Obi-Wan not remember R2D2 or C-3PO, if they're so cosy in the first three movies?  Why did the emperor take a near-fatal dose of laughing gas before initiating a fight with Yoda?

Questions best left un-asked, because the fanboys will come kill your for bringing them up.

You don't want the answers to these questions... This post is satisfying your curiousity... Move along...

But, seriously, there was one other continuity error that I thought of. It was pretty clear in ep 5 that Obi Wan didn't know that Luke had a twin (OW: "That boy is our last hope" Yoda: "No, there is another."), yet in ep. 3, he's in on the whole birth.

Obviously Obi-Wan didn't consider Leia skilled enough.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Dunno... why can Leia recall her mother if she died at her birth?  How the hell does a person "lose the will to live" and then die?  Why does Yoda need a cane if he can hop around like a pop rock in soda (can you say insurance fraud?)?  Why does Obi-Wan not remember R2D2 or C-3PO, if they're so cosy in the first three movies?  Why did the emperor take a near-fatal dose of laughing gas before initiating a fight with Yoda?

You don't want the answers to these questions... This post is satisfying your curiousity... Move along...

But, seriously, there was one other continuity error that I thought of. It was pretty clear in ep 5 that Obi Wan didn't know that Luke had a twin (OW: "That boy is our last hope" Yoda: "No, there is another."), yet in ep. 3, he's in on the whole birth.

I was under the impression they both knew, but it was merely soliloquy for the viewer's benefit.

That and what Nurbs said.

manthing2.jpg

Its no use to try and make sense of it, they made up things as they went with the classic trilogy.

Its quite apparent that Anakin and Obi-Wan were supposed to be the same age, both hotshot pilots in the clone wars(which noone had any idea what it was supposed to be until the late ninties, Lucas included) and Obi-Wan tried to learn his friend about the force but he fell to the dark side.

Its also apparent that all Jedi would have manifested as apparitions after their deaths, becomming part of the force in a kind of Buddhist way.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "