I Saw Episode 3

Bokishi

I asked my friend what he thought of the acting in Episode 3 and he drew this pic for me...

It made me laugh so hard that I thought I'd share the hiliarity!

:thumbsup:

DL

EDIT - Converted it into a jpg file

post-11849-1116685829_thumb.jpg

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

Im off to see it in a couple of minutes. I think my pants are far too tight. Could be trouble.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

i thought it was an amazing film, head and shoulders above the two other prequels and in many ways its superior to the three originals but most people had already made up their minds before going to see this one so it will never achieve the recognition on the same level as the other 3, which it deserves

Weak points for me are all the obvious ones;

haydens wooden acting being worse than keanu reeves

how quickly anakin fell to the darkside which felt uneven in his progress, i also found the whole process a bit unbelieveable that he could be so naive

also the way that all the key scenes felt very compressed to fit everything in

I was also let down with how long the other jedi lasted against sidious, i know hes meant to be the most powerful force user of that time but the battle could have easilly been the best if the other jedi wern't killed off so quickly

I was also hoping for a return for qui gon, but you are just left with yoda talking about him

Also the vader "nooooooooo", seemed really forced and unemotional

After some introspection and a bit of photoediting subsequent to seeing the final movie in the series, I've come to an ultimate conclusion regarding what Lucas really should have done with Episode III.

Concept is as follows.

bith.jpg

I have seen it. And my tight pants caused only a few ladies to swoon. I think the effect was reduced by the green armylike jacket Id borrowed, it made me looks very Taxi Driver. gah.

Verdict:

Very good for a Star Wars flick, certainly the best of the prequels. I had a very nice time watching it except for certain rather improper writing/direction at key moments. Like hearing Vader awake and patheticly ask for his girlfriend.

And what excactly was the point of Grievous? (other than to sell more toys &collectibles) He fills the evil sidekick role after Dooku goes out like a punk only to go out himself what felt like 5min later. They could have just had Dooku alone instead.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

And what excactly was the point of Grievous? (other than to sell more toys &collectibles) He fills the evil sidekick role after Dooku goes out like a punk only to go out himself what felt like 5min later. They could have just had Dooku alone instead.

given the fact that money is all lucas cares about these days then your merchandising assumptions are probably correct,

also like the way he demands the fans to see the movie upwards of 50 times and edited out lots of scenes and shortened several others to make the film shorter so it could be shown more times, therefore more profits

the only thing stopping me from awarding him the level of scumbag is the fact he invented star wars :thumbsup:" which is a bit of a mountain to climb over <_<

theres also the fact episode 3 needed a new villian, to keep with the episode 1 and 2 concept of introducing new villains

I just got back from seeing it. I loved it, I really did, but I found the acting at times to be a bit... off. Hayden didn't quite pull off some of the key lines quite right, and I burst out laughing at "Darth Frankenstein" at the end. :- "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

O!!!!!!!"

Seriously, I know he couldn't move very well yet, what with the new cybernetic limbs and all, but was that really neccesary? In fact, why was he able to move at all? A shockingly quick recovery if you ask me.

But that was really my only problem, the movie was amazing. As for the PG13 rating, that was probably less about the temple massacre and more about a disturbing, disfigured Anakin slowly burning to death while screaming in rage and agony. ;):thumbsup: Yeah, that wasn't for the kids.

Still, a great movie to end a remarkable ride. Of course, as long as there are fangirls (and fanboys), Star Wars is far from over.

sig2.gif

Say what you will about Hayden Chirstensen, but he actually managed to not be so bloody annoying this time. To my great surprise I might add, I HATED him in Ep2.

But I dont get this idea that Lucas would be a genious, why? He's no good as a director, he writes bad scripts and seems to have some pretty weird ideas of what SW is.

And he didnt create Star Wars, he came up with the original idea which was then develeoped and fleshed out by many other people. Most people dont know how very little backstory existed in the ANH days, instead they assume that Lucas is a genious who created an entire universe from scratch like Tolkien did with LotR. Thats couldnt be more wrong.

Also the vader "nooooooooo", seemed really forced and unemotional

*You* try to sound emotional when "your" voice is sound synthesized by a computer built into your iron lung. :p

I was somewhat disappointed with Grievous getting beaten left and right and pretty much always about to lose, in middle of losing and on the run after losing :/ And with the completely weird scene between Anakin and Sidious after Mace Windu is given his flying lesson... other than that it was a nice movie, though.

"And he didnt create Star Wars"

Yes, he did, and your post admits to it. Lucas created it, and other shelped him flesh it out. That sounds very much like he created it.

Anyways, I haven't seen E3 yet. I don't go to theatres. That said, iw atched E1 & E2 and as far as I'm concerned they're as good as the originals. People seem to overrate movies they watched when they were 5 or 10 years old.

I look forward to watching E3 in about a year as from the sounds of it; it looks to be the best of the 6. Easily.

Quite frankly, SW fanboys who whine about SW yet go to watch the movies 20 times make me laugh.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Good talk :p

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Well EPI would probably have been good if they had killed off the commercial spoof known as Jar Jar Binks. And in EPII they should have gone with different actors for Amidala and Anarkin, imo.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

"And he didnt create Star Wars"

Yes, he did, and your post admits to it. Lucas created it, and other shelped him flesh it out. That sounds very much like he created it.

Quiting selectively, are we? Well. If I tell you I want to eat something with cheese and you come up with Souffl

"Well EPI would probably have been good if they had killed off the commercial spoof known as Jar Jar Binks."

Yehal, he does suck. I'm just glad I wa sable to (mostly) ihnore his prescence. He wouldn't have been so bad; but the voice was just ^&%$#!

"And in EPII they should have gone with different actors for Amidala and Anakin, imo."

I don't think the actors were really the problem. Both of 'em can be pretty good, and show it in their scenes without the other. It's when they're together where they flat. I think it's because this is one palce where Lucas failed. I mean, the romance between Hans and Leia in the OT isn't the best ever; but it just seemed more 'real'. Amidala and Anakin's romance felt 'forced' just because the future story dedicated they were. The worst secen here is when Amidala completely looks past the fact that Anakin just went on a massive murderous rampage in like 2 seconds. It's one thing to udnerstand why he did it; it's another thing to white wash it...

"Point being: Lucas did part of it, but he is credited with having created everything. I dont think thats fair."

Who does this? No one ehre. No one anyway. Afterall, just look at the credits for SW. His isn't the only name listed. The bototm line is he created SW. Others - working for him - helped him flesh it out. The SW Universe was his creation. Period.

"Good talk"

Your post was the most thought provoking one I have ever read. Thank you for opening my eyes to the truth. :p

"Point being: Lucas did part of it, but he is credited with having created everything. I dont think thats fair."

Who does this? No one here. No one anyway.

Lots of people.

Anyway I should stop raving about this, I dont know why it has become such an issue for me.

"Lots of people."

They're idiots. They're just as bad as those who try their best not to give credit to Lucas, and try to give all the credits to others. It's espicially hialriosu when people claim that Lucas 'ruined' SW when in reality; he created it. No Lucas; no SW. Without those who helped fill it out; he'd just have gotten someone else to help. People forget also that he had to fight to get SW made, and the Powers To Be didn't want SW to be named SW4: A New Hope; because they didn't think there'd be a sequel at all. Lucas, and the fans HE made into believers proved themw rong.

LONG LIVE LUCAS!

P.S. This coems from someone who has personally only bought 2 things associated with SW - that being the KOTOR games. I've bene fortunate enoguh to watch them either on tv or roommate's tapes.

GO ME!

People seem to overrate movies they watched when they were 5 or 10 years old.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

But I dont get this idea that Lucas would be a genious, why? He's no good as a director, he writes bad scripts and seems to have some pretty weird ideas of what SW is.

And he didnt create Star Wars, he came up with the original idea which was then develeoped and fleshed out by many other people. Most people dont know how very little backstory existed in the ANH days, instead they assume that Lucas is a genious who created an entire universe from scratch like Tolkien did with LotR. Thats couldnt be more wrong.

'cause it were tolkien who came up with dragons and elves and orcs and trolls 'n such.

george lucas made american graffiti... a pretty innovative movie in terms of narrative style. and keep in mind that george lucas funded Empire... $30 million of his own money so that he could do his way, and most folks seems to think that Empire turned out ok. star wars were a pretty clever movie... took traditional hero myth and set it in space... and space movies were not all that profitable at the time... is why fox were willing to sell lucas the merchandising rights for star wars.

can lucas write? no. his dialogues, in particular, is awkward and tends to be overwrought. oddly 'nuff, lucas admits that he cannot write. even more odd is fact that in spite of lucas' acknowledged shortcoming, he continues to write.

am not a particularly enthusiastic star wars fan, but lucas deserves more credit than some gives him.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)