I Saw Episode 3

Bokishi

It was better than the first two, but Hayden still annoyies me. I'm glad he burns up and has to spend the rest of his life in a miserable robo-suit.

What was awesome though was at the end, everything suddenly looks familiar; like the first Star Wars. This includes that same white ship interor with Artoo and Threepeeo standing there, and how the emperor and Vader are standing in that Star Destroyer overlooking the Death Star's construction.

My favorite irony was was when Anakin tells Padme to 'join him and togther they can rule the galaxy'

The battles were teh awesomness. Overall this movie is better than the first two, but the dialog was a little crappish.

8/10

It was better than the first two, but Hayden still annoyies me. I'm glad he burns up and has to spend the rest of his life in a miserable robo-suit.

What was awesome though was at the end, everything suddenly looks familiar; like the first Star Wars. This includes that same white ship interor with Artoo and Threepeeo standing there, and how the emperor and Vader are standing in that Star Destroyer overlooking the Death Star's construction.

My favorite irony was was when Anakin tells Padme to 'join him and togther they can rule the galaxy'

The battles were teh awesomness. Overall this movie is better than the first two, but the dialog was a little crappish.

8/10

the worst lines were when yoda's were a bit mixed up, some just sounded off.

Yeah, Vader's "Nooo!" was pretty weak.

I also agree that Yoda's mixed up lines were a little too mixed up at times.

But this movie is a whole lot better than the first two, for certain.

Before three weeks ago, I had seen Episode 1 once, and Episode 2 twice. (I bought the DVDs the same day I got Guild Wars.) I already want to see this one again.

Some of the dialogue between Anakin and Padme was pretty bad (but what's new?), but not near as bad as Ep 2.

But overall, this movie rocks, IMO.

I especially liked Obi-Wan near the end. Really felt badly for him. And the music through much of the Vader-Obi fight was pretty moving. Sort of got chills when Anakin lit up his saber in the Academy with the Younglings...surprised they put that in there. Perhaps that's the main reason for the PG-13?

Funniest part was when Yoda walks into the Emperor's chambers and just force knocks the two red-clad guards :-

Glad to see the memory wipe on 3PO.

Lot of co-workers are planning on going tomorrow, but I was lucky to be able to go today. Planning on going with them tomorrow if I can.

the worst lines were when yoda's were a bit mixed up, some just sounded off.

Yeah, I have to wonder if Yoda's increasingly goofy speech was a result of Lucas' desire to stick to rules he believed he'd made for Yoda's sentence structure in a more reliable way. In the Original movies, Yoda would very frequently break the rules which normally apply to his sentence structure arbitrarily, just to make the line more coherent or less goofy, or more accessible to the audience. In Ep III, Lucas seemed to throw any intent to make Yoda's sentence structure not sound ridiculous out the window, and the result was the audience laughing at all sorts inappropriate times, during seriously delivered Yoda lines.

Unfortunately, there's no way to get around the badly (well, probably not at all) thought out jive talk Lucas invented for his little green puppet at this point. I think he should have just gone on breaking all the rules of the aphasic dialect he'd invented here as well. We know Yoda doesn't actually follow any logical rules in his speech. We know Lucas really has no better idea what he's doing than having his puppet "speak all backwards" or some such thing. So enforcing the irrational variations on English he'd invented when they sound so ridiculous seems silly.

The frustrating thing about it is that it's grammatically such a mess. It's just English word order, usually with phrases which would normally begin a sentence ending them, with some English grammar rules enforced when they break Yoda's rules, and some of Yoda's rules enforced when they break English rules, in a confused and incoherent pile of linguistic uncertainties. Since English itself has a very messy, often broken set of greatly varied rules on word order, you can apply Yoda's variations to those rules and claim he's speaking according to certain grammatical rules to derive a subset of English grammar's, but in reality, he's just speaking every-day Modern English with a couple words which appeared significant to Lucas moved from the sentence's beginning to the sentence's end. One can say things like "in first person indicative phrases, the nominative pronoun and its auxilliary verb will normally be sentence final if the auxilliary verb is present, or the nominative pronoun and the main clausal verb will be sentence final if no auxilliary verb is present," but that's just a fancy way of describing the result of Lucas sticking what he saw at the beginning of a sentence on the end of it instead, so it seems like a pointless exercise.

I think Lucas should have stuck with having his little green man "talking all weird" in whatever way had originally occurred to him, but being strict about rules which don't even really formally exist when it makes lines sounds so silly strikes me as pointless.

Funniest part was when Yoda walks into the Emperor's chambers and just force knocks the two red-clad guards

Agreed. Both times I saw it, everyone laughed. But anyway...I was expecting more of this but George didn't come through. I did go at midnight though. The second time is better then the first time. I kinda hoped that it ended with Obi-Wan and not the Lars. But I'm glad that Padme is dead. (I almost cheered in the middle of the scene)

Yeah Palps and Yoda were funny, I thought their duel would be abit more serious, and emotional though, but oh well...it was almost comical...

Greivous was a freaking tool, I hated him lol, his voice was ridiculous, and I know why he's coughing cuz of fanboards and EU (Mace windu force crushed him) but they dont explain it in the movie, so everyones just like...ok...I didnt know droids smoke cigerettes...

And then vader screaming No, and doing the whole frankenstein thing was kinda weak...but besides that...

This movie was amazing and it was definitely the BEST of all the Star Wars movies, in my opinion, next would be Empire Strikes back, and then Return of the Jedi

I just came home from the show and I thought it was really enjoyable. The theatre was packed and it was hot as hell. I had a nice seat at the back with my buddy so I wouldn't have to put up with some **** kicking my seat.

I thought the little tarzan yell was funny with the wookies. The only problem that I had was that it wasn't graphic enough. There was too much implied carnage. I guess I would have preferred to see Kit Fisto's head cut off. But Anakin ( who did a much better job than ep2, IMHO) going all extra crispy at the end was good.

I didn't use my 'you bastard anakin line' since it didn't really show him gutting the younglings but a few people laughed at the classic George Costanza ' thats gotta hurt' when AS loses his remaining limbs. I'd give the show a strong seven out of ten. With Esb being a 9 and Anh being an 8. At least he tied all his loose ends up without dragging the film into complete boringness... :)

And Palpatine was definately the star of the show. Creepy bastard...

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

i think its the whole 'peace, justice and security' thing, Plus taking Yoda down a notch seemed pretty impressive. Was it just me or did his head seem really fat once he was shocked?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Personally,

I thought the ending was great, it made me fell all gooey inside, the tatooine bit anyways, how Lars is standing on hill like Luke in episode IV.

That was great how Yoda snapped those red guards :)

Overall I thought it was great, wrapped things up greatly! :D

I have just returned from cinema. Boy, three years of waiting and after two hours

all suddenly ended. I have mixed feelings:

ACTING: best of all star wars movies by far. It totally owns ep1-2 and much of OT except Return of the Jedi' Luke-Vader-Palps interaction. Hayden is really good and it's hard to believe that that's the same guy who screwed AOTC. There's greater depth in this movie than in any other SW... especially Hayden-Palps talks.

Even stupid Portman is convincing.

DUELS: duels are very energetic but too short and alll that blurb about "longest lightsaber duel" was a lie. And I expected that Mace death scene will be better: his duel is short and Anakin didn't really fight with him. That's not what Vaapad Weapons Master deserved - a little lightning from Palps and Mace dies. There should be a duel Ani vs Mr. Vaapad, similar to duel from ROTS video game.

VIOLENCE: not so scary as they were boasting. Jedi Temple massacre that we were waiting for so anxiously, is screwed TOTALLY. Anakin marches and that's all - no duels with Shaak Ti and Cin Drallig, no younglings butchering, no clones vs jedi. Suckage! Most pivotal element of the film - Jedi extermination was very short and unsatysfying.

SPECIAL EFFECTS: Lucas boasted that ROTS will overshadow rest of episodes but actually we don't see much of alien climate and explosive action. AOTC is much better in special effects and more dynamic. Still it's quite good.

CONCLUSION: movie is best of all except ROTJ. Very good spin off between OT and PT but there's one flaw: great number of interesting scenes were deleted from final version and that's why this movie isn't satysfying. So monumental story that contains fall of democracy, seduce of Anakin, birth of twins, jedi extermination and end of clone wars should be longer cause you are unable to show all these things properly in 140 minutes. Important scenes often are too short (like Mace-Palps confrontation) and several key elements of the plotline are missing. Deleted scenes contained:

1 Death of Quinlan Vos on Kashyyk

2 Death of Jedi Master Luminara on Kashyyk

3 Chewbacca-Yoda action in AT-ST

4 Kenobi's star destroyer arriving at Utapau

5 Nos Monster from Utapau caves

6 Scene with Governor Tarkin

7 Dialog of Aayla Secura with commander Bly

8 Duel between Anakin and Cin Drallig and Jedi Padawan Bene

9 Scene with Mon Mothma speaking about totalitarianism

10 many Palpatine cliffhangers on Invisible Hand showing his enormous superhuman dexterity.

11 Obi Wan and Anakin swimming in rocket fuel with super battle droids

12 Many R2 gags on Invisible Hand

13 Mace greets Palpatine after crash of Invisible Hand

14 Yoda, Obi and Mace discuss the dark side and sith history

15 Bail and senators discuss the upcoming dictatorship

16 Anakin informs Palpatine that Kenobi will soon have Grievous head

17 Obi-Wan chooses his lizard Boga

18 Mace contacts Yoda on Kashyyk telling him about his plan to arrest Palpatine.

19 Amidala presents to Palpatine Petition of 2000

20 Utapau Windmill

21 Obi and Ani emerging from dispenser on Invisible Hand

22 Death of Bariss Offee on Kashyyk

23 Spirit of Qui-Gon

24 Wookies vs Clones battle scene

25 Yoda lands on Dagobah (can't actually believe that they cut so important scene)

Rick MacCallum said that only 5-6 scenes will be on ROTS DVD edition, so imagine how much of EIII wealth we lost!

Still it is a very good movie - even incomplete

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Greivous had his chest force crushed by mace windu as he was kidnapping Palpatine. I guess they assumed everyone would have watched the clone wars cartoon or something... He seemed a much better villain in the cartoon anyway - better voice too. :)

About the cut stuff while watching i could tell some stuff was missing and it would have been nice if they had the yoda on dagobah scene.

But ultimately it was still awesome!!!

Ive watched every clone wars episode and I dont recall seeing this, in which episode is it?

Nurbs> Well, Id rather have Quinlan go out with style in the comics than as a background diversion in RotS

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

[some jerk locked my thread, so I am forced to repeat myself - sorry]

I have just returned from cinema. Boy, three years of waiting and after two hours

all suddenly ended. I have mixed feelings:

ACTING: best of all star wars movies by far. It totally owns ep1-2 and much of OT except Return of the Jedi' Luke-Vader-Palps interaction. Hayden is really good and it's hard to believe that that's the same guy who screwed AOTC. There's greater depth in this movie than in any other SW... especially Hayden-Palps talks.

Even stupid Portman is convincing.

DUELS: duels are very energetic but too short and alll that blurb about "longest lightsaber duel" was a lie. And I expected that Mace death scene will be better: his duel is short and Anakin didn't really fight with him. That's not what Vaapad Weapons Master deserved - a little lightning from Palps and Mace dies. There should be a duel Ani vs Mr. Vaapad, similar to duel from ROTS video game.

VIOLENCE: not so scary as they were boasting. Jedi Temple massacre that we were waiting for so anxiously, is screwed TOTALLY. Anakin marches and that's all - no duels with Shaak Ti and Cin Drallig, no younglings butchering, no clones vs jedi. Suckage! Most pivotal element of the film - Jedi extermination was very short and unsatysfying.

SPECIAL EFFECTS: Lucas boasted that ROTS will overshadow rest of episodes but actually we don't see much of alien climate and explosive action. AOTC is much better in special effects and more dynamic. Still it's quite good.

CONCLUSION: movie is best of all except ROTJ...

>_< Nur, You just lost all credibility.

Its finally starting to hit - its the end of Star Wars

:(

:lol: Good Riddance.

@ Topic

I saw the flic... 'twas OK...

"Acting" was horrid, as was the dialogue...

...but it was pretty... and better than the 2 that came before it.

Evaluation of all Episodes->

Ep I The Phantom Menace: 1/2 Stars [out of 5]

Ep II Attack of the Clones: 1 1/2 Stars

Ep IV A New Hope: 2 Stars & Ep III Revenge of the Sith: 2 Stars

Ep VI Return of the Jedi: 2 1/2 Stars

Ep V Empire Strikes Back: 3 Stars

'Nuff Said

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

Chapter 25 - where anakin rescues the blue sumo gopher aliens, while on coruscant greivous chases down palpatine and kidnaps him.

Aaahh, saw it now. I wasnt even aware that he had lungs in the first place.

Its finally starting to hit - its the end of Star Wars

>_<

Nevahhrrr! as long as there is money to be made, Star Wars will go on... we'll have a 100 episode TV series fer cryin out loud!!

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Nevahhrrr! as long as there is money to be made, Star Wars will go on...  we'll have a 100 episode TV series fer cryin out loud!!

:lol:

Oh no, Don't tell me they're going to make the new Tales of the Jedi or some such...

>_<

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

is it 100 episodes? i thought it was closer to 20. Its going to be set in the twenty years between ep 3 and 4 and (at last rumour check) is NOT going to feature any characters we know. Even so it just wont be the same. :lol:

Greivous has organs and they appear to be immersed in

petrol

or something >_<

Random point: We have more than two digital screens in the UK ,we have at least 8 theatres with that capability. Which is about the same as other european countries. The good news is that more are on the way.

is it 100 episodes? i thought it was closer to 20. Its going to be set in the twenty years between ep 3 and 4 and (at last rumour check) is NOT going to feature any characters we know. Even so it just wont be the same. >_<

I'd rather see a Knights of the Old Repbulic television series.

manthing2.jpg

Not me, they might be tempted to include Cathar and that would be horrid beyond reason.

Its just rumours, I heard 100, you heard 20 which seems more reasonable. Unless it is to be the Lucasmachines new cashcow, then they'll want to go as far as they possibly can.

Was I the only one utterly disappointed by this movie? The acting and dialogue was as abysmal as ever, and Anakin Skywalker's descent to the dark side and ultimate transformation into Darth Vader was entirely implausible. There was no hook. Palpatine just says, "Aww, come on!" and Skywalker gives in. He readily turns his back on the Jedi Council, Obi-wan, the Republic, and ultimately Padme, and for what...? Natalie Portman? I really figured it would have taken her death, not the possibility of death, to push Anakin over the edge. A better writer could have made his fall to the dark side much more convincing.